Thank you, Laca: Lacazette set to leave Arsenal

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Re: Alexandre Lacazette (9)

Postby LMAO » Wed Dec 15, 2021 11:45 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:I think Laca looks really good as the focal point surrounded by eager talent making runs around him.

As I said in the match thread, if Laca was 6'2 he'd be a perfect CF for how we're playing.

And a little faster. The man could easily be in contention for golden boot every season if his legs didn't let him down.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Dec 15, 2021 11:51 pm

LMAO wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:I think Laca looks really good as the focal point surrounded by eager talent making runs around him.

As I said in the match thread, if Laca was 6'2 he'd be a perfect CF for how we're playing.

And a little faster. The man could easily be in contention for golden boot every season if his legs didn't let him down.

Hopefully Arteta now know's what he needs for his next CF player that he needs to buy.

I think if we're serious about getting 4th we need to buy one in January, no point waiting till Summer and letting this opportunity slip by not strengthening now a position so vital to our attack.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby KG3 » Thu Dec 16, 2021 7:28 am

So basically what you’re saying is we need Giroud back :rofll:
KG3
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Thu Dec 16, 2021 3:14 pm

I'm happy with him as captain, he did everything right yesterday bar the terrible pen.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Power n Glory » Thu Dec 16, 2021 3:25 pm

It was the fancy footwork. He was gliding across the pitch. Again, the positives are coming from his work outside the box and not the goal scoring.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby jayramfootball » Thu Dec 16, 2021 3:30 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
LMAO wrote:

Hopefully Arteta now know's what he needs for his next CF player that he needs to buy.

I think if we're serious about getting 4th we need to buy one in January, no point waiting till Summer and letting this opportunity slip by not strengthening now a position so vital to our attack.

I agree with you here - if we are in or VERY close to top 4 when the January window is open we have a good story to tell players we are trying to attract... high potential for CL football next season. If we wait and miss out on top 4, it's going to be harder.
I'd like to see the club really go for it in January with a striker and a CM player. Fixing the roof when it's sunny is always wise.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Dec 16, 2021 4:19 pm

KG3 wrote:

Nice try.

I'm thinking more a Drogba, Lukaku, Antonio (but a bit better) type.

You know somone who has got a bit of size to them but can actually move quicker than 2 miles per hour.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Thu Dec 16, 2021 4:43 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
KG3 wrote:

Nice try.

I'm thinking more a Drogba, Lukaku, Antonio (but a bit better) type.

You know somone who has got a bit of size to them but can actually move quicker than 2 miles per hour.

Patrik Schick might be worth a shout.
He's kicked on from a very good Euros and has scored 16 in 13 games in the league for Leverkusen
25yrs old and would probably be picked up for £30-£40m
Ironically the reason we did not sign him last year was because Auba signed a new contract - could have had him for less than £25m

jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Dec 16, 2021 5:06 pm

^ Yes that's the profile of what we need, good shout.

Now all we need is for Arteta and Arsenal to fire the bullet and get something done.

Even if they have to over pay by £10m to get a club to sell its worth it for the chance of CL qualification where you'll get much more than that back.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Thu Dec 16, 2021 5:47 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:^ Yes that's the profile of what we need, good shout.

Now all we need is for Arteta and Arsenal to fire the bullet and get something done.

Even if they have to over pay by £10m to get a club to sell its worth it for the chance of CL qualification where you'll get much more than that back.

Well, Florian Buchel from Bayern Munich has just been appointed to our backroom scouting staff to lead scouting German talent... so I am hoping that is with a mind to do something in Jan in terms of his knowledge and contacts in The Bundesliga. Fingers crossed.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby ag6789 » Thu Dec 16, 2021 6:07 pm

I think they are also looking at solutions from within. Number of academy boys like Mollar, John Jules, McEneff, Bierth, etc are coming up.
So, going by the recent performance of academy boys, I'm fairly hopeful.
Maybe a '92 ManU like evolution is at hand.
Wouldn't that be something!!
ag6789
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby jayramfootball » Thu Dec 16, 2021 6:38 pm

ag6789 wrote:I think they are also looking at solutions from within. Number of academy boys like Mollar, John Jules, McEneff, Bierth, etc are coming up.
So, going by the recent performance of academy boys, I'm fairly hopeful.
Maybe a '92 ManU like evolution is at hand.
Wouldn't that be something!!

The youth approach makes a lot more sense than it did in the past - we had fallen into a pretty rotten state in terms of the culture within and surrounding the club. It's much easier to make the fundamental changes we need with younger players instead of older players less likely to make the changes required.
I am really pleased that it appears, as least, that there is a major focus on attitude and professionalism. Without that it doesn't matter how talented the players are.
Onwards and upwards - it's been a few years since I could say that and actually believe it.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby theHotHead » Fri Dec 17, 2021 7:58 am

LMAO wrote:
Ach wrote:
Santi wrote:GOATIZETTE doing what he always does that usually gets ignored.

Just a shame he screwed up the pen which you’d never expect.

If that was Auba he'd be getting so much crap

Hypocrisy is rife today

Because Auba offers nothing if he doesn't score.

Thats the fault of the manager not the player, if you give him shit chances how is he gonna score ? Other managers played to his strengths and guess what, he scored loads of goals and missed a load too, but you can do that when the team creates good chances.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby theHotHead » Fri Dec 17, 2021 7:59 am

KG3 wrote:

I would be perfectly happy to have a big target man on the pitch, nothing wrong with having a plan B.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby themessiah » Sat Dec 18, 2021 8:00 pm

We Work really well with a proper CF like LACA because of the space he creates . But I won’t renew his contact. Would ask for too much in wages.
Image Image
themessiah
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

PreviousNext

Return to World Football