Thank you, Laca: Lacazette set to leave Arsenal

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Re: Alexandre Lacazette (9)

Postby Zenith » Sat Dec 11, 2021 4:12 pm

Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby Dejan » Sat Dec 11, 2021 4:38 pm

what a goal! sublime
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby ag6789 » Sat Dec 11, 2021 4:54 pm

Well played today. Want to see more of this.
ag6789
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Goonerfromafrica » Sun Dec 12, 2021 5:41 am

Needs to be starting for us over Auba consistently
Goonerfromafrica
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Nuggets » Sun Dec 12, 2021 7:08 am

Goonerfromafrica wrote:Needs to be starting for us over Auba consistently

But he won't Auba will be in the shop window now.
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby swipe right » Sun Dec 12, 2021 8:41 am

Zenith wrote:Image

Wengerball
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Dec 12, 2021 11:39 am

Reiss wrote:This guy still seems to have some sort of finishing in his locker.

If we're keeping one shouldn't it be this guy? Ideally we'd get rid of all three strikers.

Do you not learn from the last times?

He'll go flat as soon as he's given his bumper contract and even if he doesn't we can't and shouldn't compete with the packages he'll be offered as a free agent.

The mans going to want £300k pw more than likely as there's no transfer fee.

I mean yes in a way I see what you mean he is still capable but I just don't think we'll pay it and we've been burned too many times before.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Power n Glory » Sun Dec 12, 2021 11:39 am

Would love to see more of this. We cut them up and this is what I mean about getting down the flanks and cutting the ball back.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Dec 12, 2021 4:13 pm

Reiss wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

If we're keeping one shouldn't it be this guy? Ideally we'd get rid of all three strikers.

He'll go flat as soon as he's given his bumper contract and even if he doesn't we can't and shouldn't compete with the packages he'll be offered as a free agent.

I mean yes in a way I see what you mean he is still capable but I just don't think we'll pay it and we've been burned too many times before.

Do you not read any of my posts? I've literally said the same thing.

Ozil and Auba have completely changed my stance on giving senior players one final big payday. All I was saying is that I highly doubt we'll ship all three, and if we're keeping a senior striker, performances suggest it should be Laca.

Bit busy to read every post mate.

I agree if we could keep one it should be Laca, but that's ignoring the reality that he's a free agent and Auba is signed and likely won't give up his golden parachute deal so in that way our hands are tied.

Still can't believe Willian let us off the hook with his contract, just proves how much he hates us that he threw away guaranteed millions lol.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Sun Dec 12, 2021 4:19 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
Reiss wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

Do you not read any of my posts? I've literally said the same thing.

Ozil and Auba have completely changed my stance on giving senior players one final big payday. All I was saying is that I highly doubt we'll ship all three, and if we're keeping a senior striker, performances suggest it should be Laca.

Bit busy to read every post mate.

I agree if we could keep one it should be Laca, but that's ignoring the reality that he's a free agent and Auba is signed and likely won't give up his golden parachute deal so in that way our hands are tied.

Still can't believe Willian let us off the hook with his contract, just proves how much he hates us that he threw away guaranteed millions lol.

Cancelling a contract goes both ways - Willians new club was allowed to sign him without paying us a transfer fee. You can bet that a large chunk of cash went into Willian's bank account. The financial losers in the equation - if any - was Arsenal.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Salibatelli » Sun Dec 12, 2021 4:24 pm

Power n Glory wrote:

Would love to see more of this. We cut them up and this is what I mean about getting down the flanks and cutting the ball back.

Southampton didn’t close us down well enough, this just doesn’t happen against a better team that’s the trouble.

All very good slicing relegation candidates in poor form open occasionally but what we need is something that works against all teams or to have an alternative when it doesn’t work.

The better teams don’t give you time and catch you on the ball and score.

These kind of things are anomalies in the current setup not the norm unfortunately, most of the time we struggle to open sides up, which is why we can’t create enough chances for forwards, which in turn means there’s more pressure on the forwards when the chances do come which probably means they snatch at them or fail to put them away.

Yesterday’s game was expected for me, a Southampton fan of interviewed was expecting to lose, if their own fans think they’re going to lose against a side who have just lost to Everton and lost 3 out of the last 4, you know they’re not on a good place.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Dec 12, 2021 4:27 pm

Nice option by Saka there to slide the ball across the floor like a pass rather than our usual Tierney crosses which are low percentage success rate as most air balls get intercepted.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Sun Dec 12, 2021 4:27 pm

Salibatelli wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:

Southampton didn’t close us down well enough, this just doesn’t happen against a better team that’s the trouble.

All very good slicing relegation candidates in poor form open occasionally but what we need is something that works against all teams or to have an alternative when it doesn’t work.

The better teams don’t give you time and catch you on the ball and score.

These kind of things are anomalies in the current setup not the norm unfortunately, most of the time we struggle to open sides up, which is why we can’t create enough chances for forwards, which in turn means there’s more pressure on the forwards when the chances do come which probably means they snatch at them or fail to put them away.

Yesterday’s game was expected for me, a Southampton fan of interviewed was expecting to lose, if their own fans think they’re going to lose against a side who have just lost to Everton and lost 3 out of the last 4, you know they’re not on a good place.

Fans of most clubs would expect to lose away to Arsenal.

As for our first goal it was superb football - as good as it gets - and there is no need to try and downplay such good football.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Salibatelli » Sun Dec 12, 2021 6:26 pm

No fans of most clubs don’t expect to lose to Arsenal these days, many think they can beat us as we’re a midtable team that don’t create much.

It was a decent goal, but we were allowed to score it due to Southampton’s poor closing down of the press.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby jayramfootball » Sun Dec 12, 2021 6:30 pm

Salibatelli wrote:No fans of most clubs don’t expect to lose to Arsenal these days, many think they can beat us as we’re a midtable team that don’t create much.

It was a decent goal, but we were allowed to score it due to Southampton’s poor closing down of the press.

Home record

Played 8, won 6 drawn 1 lost 1 - one of the very best in the league. Only City are better (on goal difference). Most teams in the league and their fans will know that when they come to the Emirates they are underdogs.

It was not just a decent goal, it was a world class goal.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

PreviousNext

Return to World Football