Arteta Out

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Arteta Out

Postby theHotHead » Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:12 pm

Whatever happened to the ability to coach players?!!! I guess Arteta skipped those classes
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Nuggets » Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:25 pm

Reiss wrote:Seeing the way Chelsea are performing under Tuchel really makes you wonder how much of a step up we would see if we also got in a manager with pedigree.

I'm trying to work out whether Arteta is the guy to take us to the top or if he's simply a stop gap. If he's a stop gap, he hasn't done a bad job tbf... we needed a clearout and complete overhaul of our squad and he's done that. We needed defensive improvement and he's done that. He's built a good base- is he now the man to take us to the top or do we need a manager with pedigree for that? I'm still trying to figure it out.

If you are happy with mediocrity and finish middle of the table fodder he is your man.
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:20 pm

Reiss wrote:Seeing the way Chelsea are performing under Tuchel really makes you wonder how much of a step up we would see if we also got in a manager with pedigree.

I'm trying to work out whether Arteta is the guy to take us to the top or if he's simply a stop gap. If he's a stop gap, he hasn't done a bad job tbf... we needed a clearout and complete overhaul of our squad and he's done that. We needed defensive improvement and he's done that. He's built a good base- is he now the man to take us to the top or do we need a manager with pedigree for that? I'm still trying to figure it out.

Tuchel is the only guy who managed that though. He is a great man manager to be getting top performances out of players that most didn't rate like Christensen, Rudiger and Jorginho. He is also getting the best out of youth players like Mount and Reece James.

Klopp didnt get moving until he brought in Salah, VVD etc. Pep barely made Top 4 his first year with KDB, Aguero, Silva and other top players.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Ach » Thu Nov 25, 2021 2:04 pm

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59416587

Tell me you need help without telling me you need help
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Thu Nov 25, 2021 2:31 pm

Ach wrote:https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59416587

Sign of good character - and good leadership - to seek help when needed.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Goonerred » Thu Nov 25, 2021 2:45 pm

Ach wrote:https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59416587

Oh, tell me I didn't just read that!!!
Goonerred
Predictions League 2021-22 Winner, Member of the Year 2022

Postby Angelito » Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:22 pm

Lel.

Why do you guys hate Wenger so much? It's like he stole your lunch or something.

Wenger, in any sort of advisory capacity, would be good for Arteta and Edu. Even if someone's the brightest in the room, there is no substitute for experience.

I've observed that some Arsenal fans don't want anything to do with Wenger here. You have to realize that Wenger is a part of Arsenal much more than any of us.

Sad, unacceptable, travesty, terrorism, coronavirus... But the truth.

This current "progressive" generation of Arsenal simply need to honor him. Build that statue. Bring him back to the Emirates. Show some respect.

He's our most influential figure since Chapman. He's our most successful manager. This trend of Arsenal and every Arsenal great having an asterisk beside his name since the move to the Emirates—needs to end. It's embarrassing and only belittles us as a club. We already have the media and ignorant fans of other clubs shitting on our best accolades or undermining our great players. We don't need Gooners with, "pashun and solidarity," doing the same.

If we can't honor our history, our greats, nobody will. Time we honored Arsene for his historic contribution to Arsenal and English football.

It's also time we enshrined the Invincibles in some way. I'm sick and tired or how the likes of Ljungberg, Gilberto, Campbell (despite being a brave Englishman) are ignored.

I don't want a City-esque situation at Arsenal where their owners and contemporary fans pretend like City never existed before 2008.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Goonerred » Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:41 pm

I do respect Wenger for what he did, but he's moved on. We have to move on.
Goonerred

Postby Jedi » Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:47 pm

Bringing back Wenger in any capacity would be huge and I'm all for it.
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby jayramfootball » Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:04 pm

Angelito wrote:Lel.

Why do you guys hate Wenger so much? It's like he stole your lunch or something.

Wenger, in any sort of advisory capacity, would be good for Arteta and Edu. Even if someone's the brightest in the room, there is no substitute for experience.

I've observed that some Arsenal fans don't want anything to do with Wenger here. You have to realize that Wenger is a part of Arsenal much more than any of us.

Sad, unacceptable, travesty, terrorism, coronavirus... But the truth.

This current "progressive" generation of Arsenal simply need to honor him. Build that statue. Bring him back to the Emirates. Show some respect.

He's our most influential figure since Chapman. He's our most successful manager. This trend of Arsenal and every Arsenal great having an asterisk beside his name since the move to the Emirates—needs to end. It's embarrassing and only belittles us as a club. We already have the media and ignorant fans of other clubs shitting on our best accolades or undermining our great players. We don't need Gooners with, "pashun and solidarity," doing the same.

If we can't honor our history, our greats, nobody will. Time we honored Arsene for his historic contribution to Arsenal and English football.

It's also time we enshrined the Invincibles in some way. I'm sick and tired or how the likes of Ljungberg, Gilberto, Campbell (despite being a brave Englishman) are ignored.

I don't want a City-esque situation at Arsenal where their owners and contemporary fans pretend like City never existed before 2008.

Hopefully as more time passes he will be remembered more for his first decade.
In the end I could not stand the sight of Wenger, but as more time passes I do find myself remembering more of the years 1996-2006 than later.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Rockape » Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:43 pm

I hear you Angelito, but we've moved on and we all know where Arsene's experience got us.....in a corner! Before he backed himself into that corner with his stubborn approach, he was a breath of fresh air in the English game. However those days have gone and I don't think we should look behind us.
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Power n Glory » Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:13 pm

I doubt Wenger would come back to work under Arteta. Plus he's a smart man and will see there are too many cooks in the kitchen. The structure just wouldn't be right. One of the Execs would have to make way for Wenger if this were to happen.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:26 pm

Why couldn't he leave it at "we want to see Arsene Wenger in the stands/box seats, he is always welcome at the Emirates"? Why is he saying he wants him back in club affairs?

Wenger is currently tanking his legacy by being the surrogate mother for FIFA's idiotic biennial WC plans. He would not be a welcome sight for players already struggling with year-round football.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby ag6789 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:05 pm

Don't see how we can't use Wenger's experience and knowledge in an advisory capacity. He doesn't have to hold a formal position at the club.
ag6789
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Ach » Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:06 pm

Last thing we need is the guy who accepted mediocrity
Ach
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk