Implications of Newcastle takeover on Arsenal

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Implications of Newcastle takeover on Arsenal

Postby NovaGB » Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:41 pm

I always wonder why these arabs and oil tycoons keep buying shitey clubs with no history and don't revive fallen giants like Everton and VIlla etc (or us) it still looks weird to me seeing Chelshit and Man City always up the top, even Sunderland have more titles than the delusional Geordies (and did have more than City and Chelshit)
NovaGB
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Power n Glory » Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:45 pm

NovaGB wrote:I always wonder why these arabs and oil tycoons keep buying shitey clubs with no history and don't revive fallen giants like Everton and VIlla etc (or us) it still looks weird to me seeing Chelshit and Man City always up the top

Both Everton and Villa are owners by super rich billionaire tycoons as well.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby NovaGB » Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:46 pm

Power n Glory wrote:
NovaGB wrote:I always wonder why these arabs and oil tycoons keep buying shitey clubs with no history and don't revive fallen giants like Everton and VIlla etc (or us) it still looks weird to me seeing Chelshit and Man City always up the top

Yeah but they don't do that mad FFP dodging crazy spending like City and Chelsea over the last 10-15 years
NovaGB
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Power n Glory » Sat Oct 16, 2021 1:12 pm

NovaGB wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:

Yeah but they don't do that mad FFP dodging crazy spending like City and Chelsea over the last 10-15 years

City and Cheslea got in early before the FFP rules were applied and have been to get their ducks in order to cover their tracks now that they have to follow certain guidelines. I also think they've gathered enough power and leverage to continue taking the piss and only take a slap on the wrist for breaching any rules. I think they may come down harder on teams that try to pull the same stunt today. We'll see. With COViD hurting football revenues, I have a feeling rules will be relaxed for outside investments.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby theHotHead » Sat Oct 16, 2021 1:20 pm

The Newcastle purchase makes perfect sense, the club won't take much to buy, they have a great stadium already and numerous and fanatical support. Everything is in place for them to become a top level club.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby NovaGB » Sat Oct 16, 2021 1:50 pm

theHotHead wrote:The Newcastle purchase makes perfect sense, the club won't take much to buy, they have a great stadium already and numerous and fanatical support. Everything is in place for them to become a top level club.

They have the most annoying delusional fans already, well the Geordies i know are anyway, they will drive everybody nuts as soon as they get a few names in.

They were cheap as chips though, not that it would have mattered to the new owners with the money they have, i wish they bought us its been painful and got worse and worse since 2006.
NovaGB
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby NovaGB » Sat Oct 16, 2021 1:52 pm

Power n Glory wrote:
NovaGB wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:

City and Cheslea got in early before the FFP rules were applied and have been to get their ducks in order to cover their tracks now that they have to follow certain guidelines. I also think they've gathered enough power and leverage to continue taking the piss and only take a slap on the wrist for breaching any rules. I think they may come down harder on teams that try to pull the same stunt today. We'll see. With COViD hurting football revenues, I have a feeling rules will be relaxed for outside investments.

For someone who only just really watches the arsenal and england games these days i don't know how the hell PSG are getting away with ffp
NovaGB
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Power n Glory » Sat Oct 16, 2021 2:31 pm

NovaGB wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
NovaGB wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:

For someone who only just really watches the arsenal and england games these days i don't know how the hell PSG are getting away with ffp

Good lawyers. It's nuts. I think they have tried to clamp down on them before but nothing happened. Lawyers dealt with it.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby LMAO » Sat Oct 16, 2021 5:35 pm

theHotHead wrote:The Newcastle purchase makes perfect sense, the club won't take much to buy, they have a great stadium already and numerous and fanatical support. Everything is in place for them to become a top level club.

I read somewhere that Newcastle fans were also extremely desperate to get Ashley out no matter what and so would act like the PIF's own bot army, except it'd be real people, to justify their club's new owners. Made sense.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby DiamondGooner » Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:05 pm

This.

If you have the inbuilt fan numbers, they already have a stadium which just needs a touch up and it costs less than to buy an Arsenal or Liverpool, once they get the players which you have to do at any club, then they'll have everything in place for less than half the cost.

It cost them £300m to buy Newcastle, Daniel Ek is offering £2 billion for Arsenal.

Do the maths, the growth potential for the Newcastle buy is tremendous, in the next 8 years they could become a £2 billion valued club.

Its a wonderful bit of business, very smart, in fact they practically chose the perfect club, maybe not as good as the Chelsea purchase by Abramovich because the Chelsea location is far better but other than that, Newcastle practically have the North East all to themselves.

Abramovich bought Chelsea for £140m back in 2003 - They're now the 6th most valuable club worth £2.13 Billion.

Now compare that to sht investments we get offered as regular folk, stocks and shares in companies where the higher ups pull the plug on the stock market whenever they want.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Salibatelli » Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:24 pm

Yeah agreed, Newcastle is a great buy, Arsenal just isn’t good value for money, 2 billion+ for a club who haven’t won a title for 17 years and have never won the CL and laughing in midtable isn’t a good price.

Probably why we don’t have a lot of options right now, Kroenke or Eck, but the latter isn’t that rich in terms of football billionaires.

From a business and football point of view Newcastle are a great buy, Arsenal would have to halve in value to be a decent buy, because it’s just not worth the 2 billion it’s valued at.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby theHotHead » Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:34 pm

Power n Glory wrote:
NovaGB wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
NovaGB wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:

Good lawyers. It's nuts. I think they have tried to clamp down on them before but nothing happened. Lawyers dealt with it.

Are there 2 levels of FFP, what the Premier League have and what UEFA have, or is it just UEFA that have FFP rules?

As soon as it came out I knew it would be circumnavigated easily, think about it, UEFA have revenues of circa €£3.5bn, the PSG dude has £6bn, Man City dude has £23bn, Newcastle's consortium have £320bn :rofll:

Any rules UEFA come up with the clubs will get the best lawyers and crush UEFA, thats a dick swinging competition UEFA will back out of.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby theHotHead » Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:41 pm

Özim wrote:Yeah agreed, Newcastle is a great buy, Arsenal just isn’t good value for money, 2 billion+ for a club who haven’t won a title for 17 years and have never won the CL and laughing in midtable isn’t a good price.

Probably why we don’t have a lot of options right now, Kroenke or Eck, but the latter isn’t that rich in terms of football billionaires.

From a business and football point of view Newcastle are a great buy, Arsenal would have to halve in value to be a decent buy, because it’s just not worth the 2 billion it’s valued at.

Is that 2 billion for the club or for Arsenal Football Club Holdings, or whatever they are called ? If so its not just the club its the other interests outside of football that contribute to the value.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:02 pm

This is the reason I'd be skeptical of a Daniel Ek takeover effort.

No owner that's serious about winning trophies would risk £3bn on Arsenal in its current state. I can see him financing it via private equity, so he puts in a fraction of his own cash and pays him and his consortium partners tens of millions in dividends.

FSG bought Liverpool for a piddling £300m 10 years ago. That's a bargain considering the club's status in English football. It also allowed them to invest heavily straight away and recruit the right managers and coaches.

Arsenal meanwhile haven't been in CL for 5 years, and are going backwards despite buying half of a new team each summer. That valuation doesn't make sense to anybody except PE vultures.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Salibatelli » Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:07 pm

theHotHead wrote:
Özim wrote:Yeah agreed, Newcastle is a great buy, Arsenal just isn’t good value for money, 2 billion+ for a club who haven’t won a title for 17 years and have never won the CL and laughing in midtable isn’t a good price.

Is that 2 billion for the club or for Arsenal Football Club Holdings, or whatever they are called ? If so its not just the club its the other interests outside of football that contribute to the value.

What other interests do you mean, I’m not familiar?

I assume it’s for the club,

Our commercial deals aren’t all that compared to other clubs due to our lack of success in the last 17 years.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk