What TV Shows are you watching right now??

Re: What TV Shows are you watching right now??

Postby VCC » Mon Oct 11, 2021 5:55 pm

Tried watching squid rings
It's not my thing.
Watched Maid with mrs Vcc f***ing infuriated me I wanted to give every character a f***ing slap lol,
Mrs Vcc enjoyed it that's the main thing.
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby jayramfootball » Mon Oct 11, 2021 5:58 pm

Looking forward to see what Sony Entertainment have done with The Wheel of Time. Season 1 starts next month.
For those that don't know, it's an adaptation of Robert Jordan's book series which was 14 books long and over 10,000 pages written from the 1980's to the 2000's.
It is really similar to Lord of the Rings early on, but develops out to a much wider story arc.
It's a very female-dominated backdrop to the story - women hold a lot of the power. It was written way before the time of wokeness so isn't driven by that as a story.
Bit a of a cross between LOTR, GOT and Star Wars - set in a LOTR type world

Lots of buzz about it - I honestly don't know how they are going to be able to tell the story without it being 10+ seasons, but it will interesting nonetheless.
The books are brilliant. Robert Jordans writing is so descriptive that it will be tough to do credit to the massive scale of the books.

jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:02 pm

LMAO wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
Va-Va-Voom wrote:Wait, is "gender is a fact" supposed to be controversial or something?

Chappelle can never be cancelled, sorry PC brigade.

They do this after every show.

Its a war between the PC and liberal brigade vs Comedians.

Whether we like it or not we've allowed the PC brigade to control our social cues.

Comedians exist to say what they want, even if its offensive to be funny, the PC lot can't handle it.

Even if Chappelles entire sketch is a joke with only sprinkles of his own opinion, nope! not allowed, they're basically ordering that Comedians can't joke about anything they're sensitive about or find offensive.

Netflix is going to come under huge pressure now.

.............. me personally, I think we should dump the word gender altogether and just use "Sex" only male and female assigned in using that vocabullary. :sneaky2:

Did you see those two women the cameras were fixated on? I think one had blue hair. They were having fun when Chappelle was doing his black and white people jokes, but as soon as he turned to LGBT, they started pouting. Unbelievable how they just proved his point. That Netflix producer knew what he was doing :lol:

I didn't notice one in particular but there were a few women here and there that I saw that with.

The great comedians will end up dying out at this rate, the younger generation have been taught to "be offended" its their thing.

What I can't get my head around is how we've allowed these pockets of minorities to boss us all around, grown adults being told what we can and cannot say or how we have to raise our kids, even if we don't want them to learn about gay sex at the age of 8 yrs old.

Its embarrassing.

What will they make of us in 100 years?
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Ach » Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:03 pm

Paul Merson programme on BBC 1
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Jedi » Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:07 am

Netflix suspends the trans employee who tweeted about the Dave Chappelle special.

Meanwhile, Dave Chappelle is on a stage screaming "I've been cancelled" while earning millions of dollars.

Where are the free speech absolutists now?
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby jayramfootball » Tue Oct 12, 2021 5:37 pm

Jedi wrote:Netflix suspends the trans employee who tweeted about the Dave Chappelle special.

Meanwhile, Dave Chappelle is on a stage screaming "I've been cancelled" while earning millions of dollars.

He deserved to be suspended.
He and two others crashed a meeting they were not supposed to attend.
Had nothing to do with their speech.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Phil71 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:33 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
Jedi wrote:Netflix suspends the trans employee who tweeted about the Dave Chappelle special.

They also openly criticised their employer on social media.

Never a great idea if you want to keep your job.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby jayramfootball » Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:37 pm

Phil71 wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

I think things are just going to tip the other way over the next few years - where wokeness and cancel culture will come back to bite those that foisted it on the world. It won't go back to a sensible balance as it had been, they will end up making it worse for their extremist causes because people are, frankly, sick of their shit. Every action has an opposite and equal reaction.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Phil71 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:41 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

I think things are just going to tip the other way over the next few years - where wokeness and cancel culture will come back to bite those that foisted it on the world. It won't go back to a sensible balance as it had been, they will end up making it worse for their extremist causes because people are, frankly, sick of their shit. Every action has an opposite and equal reaction.

These deluded fucks believe so strongly that they are morally & ethically superior to the rest of us that they can do or say as they wish.

I hope you're right.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:14 am

You missed the mark on that one didn't you.

Should of read the whole article and not just the headline tut tut.

jayramfootball wrote:I think things are just going to tip the other way over the next few years - where wokeness and cancel culture will come back to bite those that foisted it on the world. It won't go back to a sensible balance as it had been, they will end up making it worse for their extremist causes because people are, frankly, sick of their shit. Every action has an opposite and equal reaction.

Honestly I don't think that will be the case, amongst the people sure, I think they're already there, but among businesses, hollywood, the Gov't, nope.

Dave Chappelle is the Donald Trump of Comedy .......... they can't cancel him.

That is why they're going nuts every time he releases a special, however like Trump only they are the Neo's of this Matrix and are the only ones immune, the rest of us aren't.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby LMAO » Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:57 am

DiamondGooner wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:I think things are just going to tip the other way over the next few years - where wokeness and cancel culture will come back to bite those that foisted it on the world. It won't go back to a sensible balance as it had been, they will end up making it worse for their extremist causes because people are, frankly, sick of their shit. Every action has an opposite and equal reaction.

Honestly I don't think that will be the case, amongst the people sure, I think they're already there, but among businesses, hollywood, the Gov't, nope.

Big business will always follow the money. If the social environment is in favor of banning X, then businesses will ban X. Else, X will be supported by businesses.

It's like when I was growing up and conservative Christian parents all over the US clutched their pearls and tried to cancel 'satanic' stuff like Pokemon, Yugioh cards, and Harry Potter. Didn't work because those were money printing machines.

On the flip side, the Dixie Chicks got canceled/boycotted because they dared speak out against the Iraq invasion, which was a huge no-no in the country music demographic.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby Dubs4Sam » Wed Oct 13, 2021 1:01 pm

Ach wrote:Paul Merson programme on BBC 1

It was excellent; I wonder if his money issues / addiction problems was one of the reasons he survived the Sky Cull a year back.
Dubs4Sam
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Phil71 » Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:38 pm

Dubs4Sam wrote:
Ach wrote:Paul Merson programme on BBC 1

It was excellent; I wonder if his money issues / addiction problems was one of the reasons he survived the Sky Cull a year back.

Heard him on Talksport the other week talking about how he spunked his house deposit last year with online bookies.

I don't know how these people can look their wife & kids in the eye.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby jayramfootball » Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:59 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:

You missed the mark on that one didn't you.

Should of read the whole article and not just the headline tut tut.

Dave Chappelle is the Donald Trump of Comedy .......... they can't cancel him.

That is why they're going nuts every time he releases a special, however like Trump only they are the Neo's of this Matrix and are the only ones immune, the rest of us aren't.

I am starting to see it change already. The pushback is building.
The people who drove all this crap wokeness and pretence about how terrible society is are in for a rough time.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Dejan » Thu Oct 14, 2021 7:54 am

finished squid games

not bad. Alice in borderland is much better tho
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to TV