Implications of Newcastle takeover on Arsenal

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Implications of Newcastle takeover on Arsenal

Postby Salibatelli » Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:08 pm

ag6789 wrote:Sometimes we play beautiful football, like the day we beat Spuds. Real fans did enjoy it, at least 50 thousand+ did.
So, no matter where we are, most Arsenal fans do enjoy the infield spectacle and have hope that things will improve.
But they are simple folks....

2 things, Spurs left more holes than a colander and it’s so rare it’s like a blue moon.

I don’t want a manager like this, I hope he gets the boot soon and we can move forward, I don’t enjoy his style of play (whatever that is), the poor performances and generally poor results and watching him break all the records for the wrong reason.

On top of all that he treats player appallingly.

He’s been a disaster of a manager as many people expected you’d get when you employ a nobody with no experience.

You could tell it would be a disaster from day one. I’d rather have Wenger and Emery than this guy (Emerynhas already shown he was superior) and I wanted them replaced!
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby Salibatelli » Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:14 pm

Highbury Hillbilly wrote:
ag6789 wrote:Sometimes we play beautiful football, like the day we beat Spuds. Real fans did enjoy it, at least 50 thousand+ did.
So, no matter where we are, most Arsenal fans do enjoy the infield spectacle and have hope that things will improve.

This is pure midtable mentality. Turgid football is acceptable as long as we have the occasional good game? Arsenal needs to have good games regularly to make Top 6.

We called Emery's 20 game unbeaten run papering over the cracks, because it ultimately wasn't enough for Top 4, which was our target. And we still defeated much tougher opposition then, such as the peak Poch Spurs team of 18/19.

Exactly right, why do we have fans like this that just praise and embrace such mediocrity, you’d think we we a team who had been promoted from the Championship and would be content to stay up.

This mentality is what has led us to where we are, midtable nobodies who make up the numbers and whose fans make excuses after excuse and dream of fantasy scenarios where we’re competing with teams with owners who actually want to win.

15 years since these owners arrived, what have we got to show for it, a midtable team who can’t compete and whose fans are saying 6th place is a successful season!
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby jayramfootball » Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:15 pm

Özim wrote:

2 things, Spurs left more holes than a colander and it’s so rare it’s like a blue moon.

I don’t want a manager like this, I hope he gets the boot soon and we can move forward, I don’t enjoy his style of play (whatever that is), the poor performances and generally poor results and watching him break all the records for the wrong reason.

He’s been a disaster of a manager as many people expected you’d get when you employ a nobody with no experience.

You could tell it would be a disaster from day one. I’d rather have Wenger and Emery than this guy (Emerynhas already shown he was superior) and I wanted them replaced!

Oh, do stop with the other team was bad nonsense.
We're on a great run of 10 points from 12.
The Spurs game was a massive win and a highlight moment worth celebrating.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Salibatelli » Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:22 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
Özim wrote:

No I won’t, great run? It’s 4 games and we’ve drawn our last one, it’s laughable you call that a great run.

When we’ve gone 15+ games not losing winning some convincingly you can’t take about great run not after 4 games, right now it’s a few games, the standards at this club are so low for some fans!
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby jayramfootball » Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:31 pm

Özim wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Özim wrote:

No I won’t, great run? It’s 4 games and we’ve drawn our last one, it’s laughable you call that a great run.

When we’ve gone 15+ games not losing winning some convincingly you can’t take about great run not after 4 games, right now it’s a few games, the standards at this club are so low for some fans!

10 points out of 12 is a great run.
Actually, our last 31 games has been a good run - top 4 level.
Long may it continue.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Salibatelli » Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:34 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
Özim wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Özim wrote:

Long may it continue.

Not it isn’t, it’s 4 games.

Still going on about that :lol:

I’m petty sure when we reach 31 games this season we’ll be nowhere and your theory will have been blown out of the water like your others, we may be in an upturn under a new manager though after Arteta has gotten the boot.

:cloud9:
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby jayramfootball » Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:37 pm

Özim wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Özim wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Özim wrote:

Long may it continue.

I’m petty sure when we reach 31 games this season we’ll be nowhere and your theory will have been blown out of the water like your others, we may be in an upturn under a new manager though after Arteta has gotten the boot.

Yes, still going on about the fact that over the last 31 games we've been the 4th best team in the league.
Shows how well Arteta and the players have done for a lengthy period of time.
Keep the same form we've had all year and we will be challenging for the Champions League again.
The only thing getting blown out of the water is your agenda as Arsenal continue on a long run of good form.
COYG.
:arsesmile:
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Salibatelli » Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:24 pm

We won’t be challenging for the CL :lol:

This guy already lost almost half his game this season and has managed one decent performance before being outplayed by Brighton in the next game.

There’s not by run of good form, it’ doesn’t exist :lol:

One of the worst managers I’ve seen, get rid and try again.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby jayramfootball » Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:27 pm

Özim wrote:We won’t be challenging for the CL :lol:

Whilst it would clearly be your worst nightmare, we may very well be close to that top 4 this year.
Just need to keep the form over the last 9 1/2 months going for the next 7.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Salibatelli » Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:49 pm

jayramfootball wrote:

Whilst it would clearly be your worst nightmare, we may very well be close to that top 4 this year.

We won’t it’s one of youre pipedreams, not unless we come to our senses and sack Arteta and replace him with someone like Conte.

When Arteta told William we’d win the CL in 3 years I bet you believed him!
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby Hypergooner » Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:22 pm

Özim wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

We won’t it’s one of youre pipedreams, not unless we come to our senses and sack Arteta and replace him with someone like Conte.

When Arteta told William we’d win the CL in 3 years I bet you believed him!

I've been Arteta out since the 2 month disaster but I do want him to come good and I'd hope everyone does.
Realistically we can loose 8 games this season and finish top 6 - 4th. We have already lost 3 so if we only lose 2 more this side of Christmas it's game on
Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack.

Sun Tzu

Hypergooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Ach » Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:31 pm

Any chance Newcastle wants a manager who's learned off Pep, managed a big club, won a trophy and captained a club to trophies as well?
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:56 pm

swipe right wrote:Turns out we are trying to resign Ox. Hahaha so much for rebuilding.

Not a bad shout though.

He's a decent player for our new low level and his career has completely turned to sh*t since leaving the nest.

Guys been a bench warmer for what 4 years now?

He's got to be ready to jump ship?
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:54 am

jayramfootball wrote:
Özim wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Özim wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Özim wrote:

Long may it continue.

Yes, still going on about the fact that over the last 31 games we've been the 4th best team in the league.
Shows how well Arteta and the players have done for a lengthy period of time.
Keep the same form we've had all year and we will be challenging for the Champions League again.
The only thing getting blown out of the water is your agenda as Arsenal continue on a long run of good form.
COYG.
:arsesmile:

That's completely and utterly irrelevant.

You've selected a meaningless period of time that fits a narrative which has absolutely no real world application or meaning at all.

For example I could say last week AFC were the best team in the league because we won and City and Liverpool drew, what does that one small sample mean? nothing, they'll still win a trophy or win the league and we'll still come 8th, that's what matters, not some period of time you've chosen .......... explain to us what trophy we win for that?
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby swipe right » Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:50 am

Cherry picking periods of time when we had a run of good games across multiple seasons to make a point is just sad.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk