Bukayo Saka (7)

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Bukayo Saka (7)

Postby Angelito » Mon Sep 06, 2021 4:25 pm

Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby EliteKiller » Tue Sep 07, 2021 12:30 am

TedLasso wrote:Turn this kid loose. Making him the key creative hub in the squad should open up our scoring chances. Glad he’s going to be a key man well into the 20s.

Saka has to return from playing with the best players in England, playing in a team where he gets to play to his strengths, where he is not expected to cover for two DM's who are average at best, or a left back who simply can't defend, instead he will now play under a clueless manager with some very average players where he will probably be asked to do a job he's not very good at .... let him loose? let's hope he's not already thinking set me free .....
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby jayramfootball » Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:23 am

EliteKiller wrote:
TedLasso wrote:Turn this kid loose. Making him the key creative hub in the squad should open up our scoring chances. Glad he’s going to be a key man well into the 20s.

Saka has to return from playing with the best players in England, playing in a team where he gets to play to his strengths, where he is not expected to cover for two DM's who are average at best, or a left back who simply can't defend, instead he will now play under a clueless manager with some very average players where he will probably be asked to do a job he's not very good at .... let him loose? let's hope he's not already thinking set me free .....

Saka was excellent for us last session and has developed brilliantly playing for us, under Arteta, so much so he got called up for England and played a key part in the Euros .
Kind if ends your argument right there.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Salibatelli » Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:48 am

Saka was already developing very well before Arteta arrived, hence why we offered him a new contract.

His productivity for us isn’t all that great at the moment though, but he’s only young.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby EliteKiller » Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:05 am

jayramfootball wrote:Saka was excellent for us last session and has developed brilliantly playing for us, under Arteta, so much so he got called up for England and played a key part in the Euros .
Kind if ends your argument right there.

Guess you didn't watch the first three games - it's all last year, mythical half season tables, the youth process? FYI last year we were 8th ...

In case you missed it we're bottom, no goals in three games, and Saka's looking lost .... try keeping up
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby theHotHead » Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:14 am

From the end of January 2021 to the end of the season Saka got a grand total of 1 assist in the league. Thats not a great return at all. In that same timeframe, Elneny scored 1 league goal and Xhaka got 1 assist.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby jayramfootball » Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:42 am

Lol, now apparently Saka didn't have a good season.
The state of some fans.

:doh:

Saka has been excellent - as has ESR - and both have developed well under Arteta.
I know that doesn't fit the anti-Arteta narrative but, hey.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Salibatelli » Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:47 am

:lol: Arteta didn’t even pick ESR until he had no choice, it’s chance more than anything!

Arteta is a terrible man manager that’s been proven beyond doubt to most except the most biased of fans.

No one said Saka didn’t have a good season anyway, they said he wasn’t very productive which is true. You’ve painted him out to be some sort of world beater better than Neymar but the figures don’t stack up, you don’t help yourself.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby jayramfootball » Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:56 am

Özim wrote::lol: Arteta didn’t even pick ESR until he had no choice, it’s chance more than anything!

Arteta is a terrible man manager that’s been proven beyond doubt to most except the most biased of fans.

No one said Saka didn’t have a good season anyway, they said he wasn’t very productive which is true. You’ve painted him out to be some sort of world beater better than Neymar but the figures don’t stack up, you don’t help yourself.

^
something good - not Arteta
anything bad - all Arteta.

Yeah, we know.
:rolleyes:
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Salibatelli » Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:00 am

jayramfootball wrote:
Özim wrote::lol: Arteta didn’t even pick ESR until he had no choice, it’s chance more than anything!

^

Yeah, we know.

Have you not seen where we’ve ended up two seasons running under him, oh and how about how our start to the new season has gone?
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby Phil71 » Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:01 am

Yawn
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby jayramfootball » Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:03 am

Özim wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

^

Yeah, we know.

Have you not seen where we’ve ended up two seasons running under him, oh and how about how our start to the new season has gone?

^ which doesn't mean nothing good happened, obviously.

What I did see in Arteta first 18 months was 16 months where we did pretty well (and won a trophy) and a 2-month disaster.
Lots of good things over that period as well as bad things.

As for Saka, I will take what he says about himself and how Arteta has helped him over your entrenched negativity:
“He has given us so much belief, not just that, but information, advice on how to improve.

“You can see that with the youngsters, they are not just coming in but they are coming in and making their mark, proving they can stay in the team.

“That’s a credit to him.”
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby theHotHead » Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:14 am

Jay, lots of people on the forum have said Saka needs to be more productive, his numbers aren't great, his performances are. Once he gets the numbers to match his performances, we will become world class, as it stands, he needs more end product.

I'm not being horrible stating what I have stated, you can't say he had a brilliant season when he got 1 assist in 4 months !!
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby jayramfootball » Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:41 am

theHotHead wrote:Jay, lots of people on the forum have said Saka needs to be more productive, his numbers aren't great, his performances are. Once he gets the numbers to match his performances, we will become world class, as it stands, he needs more end product.

I'm not being horrible stating what I have stated, you can't say he had a brilliant season when he got 1 assist in 4 months !!

HH, as you know, as you have argued it yourself when discussing Ozil, assists are not the final arbiter of a player.
Saka creates danger. He does this with intelligent running off the ball and direct play on the play. He can beat players but also is hard to shake off the ball. Much of his game - particularly his positioning has improved a lot. He is already world-class at 20. That is a credit to him and a credit to Arteta as Saka himself pointed out. Productivity in a team is multi-faceted. For example, in terms of goal outcomes from possession per game you will find that Saka was as involved (or more in some instances) than Grealish.

The kid is amazing.
His development, with Arteta as manager, is why he was called up from England.
Now as you know I will give Saka the vast majority of the credit, not Arteta, but for those that think the manager is the key to it all then it's Arteta that needs to get the credit. All the people who try to blame Arteta for everything are the same people who think it's all about the manager. When something good occurs they are left in the impossible position of having to retreat into a 'despite the manager' position or worse downplay our own players success because they can';t face up to any positives. It's quite funny to listen to.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby theHotHead » Tue Sep 07, 2021 10:21 am

Jay, Saka plays further forward than Ozil, he needs to score/assist more. I don't doubt that he will, but he's not there yet. There is more to just numbers, but I was quite clear, his performances have been excellent, so no criticism from me about that, I just want more end product.

Saka's ability was clear long before Arteta became Head Coach/Manager, he alone controls his development. Its one thing if a player is mediocre and under a manager he turns into top player, I would say the praise should go to the manager, Saka displayed his ability under Emery.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk