Cardiff City Vs Arsenal | FA Cup R4 25/01/2009

Re: Cardiff City Vs Arsenal | FA Cup R4 25/01/2009

Postby Inchpräctice » Sun Jan 25, 2009 3:56 pm

Apparently the replay will be on Tuesday 3rd Feb at 7:45pm, too early for Eduardo I suspect.
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby SE13 » Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:16 pm

Inchpractice wrote:too early for Eduardo I suspect.

Is it? He's chomping at the bit to return....

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby SE13 » Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:21 pm

Fordy wrote:
SE13 wrote:
Fordy wrote:but every team could say the same you lot just think it only happens to arsenal

But you can watch Manure, Liverpoo and C$KA Fulham, and can you honestly say the same thing? Liverpoo play later and it's a local derby, so we can't read too much into that, but keep your eyes peeled on normal live games and see the bizarre decisions the above three teams win, and what gets turned down, then watch Arsenal again and tell me it's my imagination.....

ask trina i watch nearly every live game on tv no matter who plays and the same things happen in every game.

I would go as far to say in some resent games Arsenal have been the ones getting the results go there way

Interested on your comments about the decision just then in the Liverpoo game......

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby Fordy » Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:24 pm

SE13 wrote:
Fordy wrote:
SE13 wrote:
Fordy wrote:but every team could say the same you lot just think it only happens to arsenal

But you can watch Manure, Liverpoo and C$KA Fulham, and can you honestly say the same thing? Liverpoo play later and it's a local derby, so we can't read too much into that, but keep your eyes peeled on normal live games and see the bizarre decisions the above three teams win, and what gets turned down, then watch Arsenal again and tell me it's my imagination.....

ask trina i watch nearly every live game on tv no matter who plays and the same things happen in every game.

I would go as far to say in some resent games Arsenal have been the ones getting the results go there way

Interested on your comments about the decision just then in the Liverpoo game......

lol i was having a cig, when i came back in the commentators where talking about it, by the sound of it was a penalty but not given.

But this shows it happens to other teams not just Arsenal
Fordy

Postby Inchpräctice » Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:25 pm

SE13 wrote:

He is but he's not ready yet.
Not sharp enough according to AW.
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby Good_Eye_Sniper » Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:29 pm

Inchpractice wrote:
SE13 wrote:

He is but he's not ready yet.
Not sharp enough according to AW.

As opposed to our other strikers who were all banging them in today mate? :(
Good_Eye_Sniper
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Inchpräctice » Sun Jan 25, 2009 6:49 pm

They still looked sharper than Eddie sadly.
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby She_Gunner_Wales » Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:08 am

1984ReturnsForReal wrote:Eboue lost a fair tackle & the follow through hit his leg, he lost his balance & fell over. The ref reached for his card straight away & Eboue stayed on the floor because there was no hurry in him getting up as he was about to get booked for F/A.

He didnt dive & didnt deserve a card & if anyone was watching the game they would know that!!

I agree, in defence of Eboue, he did not dive, we were about 7 rows back, by the big screen (which showed f**k all except the time ticking down) & the incident happened right in front of us, if he had got straight back up, rather than just lay there for what seemed an eternity, i dont think he would have been booked, the ref was poor yesterday and out came the old the the referee is a w***er chant.

Was good to have Ramsey starting but i think it was too much for him, 1st time back at Cardiff, and he was clearly nervous, expected him to be booed by the bluebirds but what i didnt expect to see was him get a standing ovation & be clapped off by not only us but by the majority of home support when he was subbed.

Bit of a boring game, but all the same it was fantastic to be there and in good company with Ryan & his mates, and some new found friends have been made.
(And for those of you who have been here long enough to remember i met Allyboy too!)

On a brighter note, i dont think it was a bad result, away at Ninian Park isnt an easy game, shame there werent any goals in it, but we'll take them back to the Grove & hopefully give them a proper ass whooping.

:arsenal3:
She_Gunner_Wales
Graphics Team

Postby SE13 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:57 am

Via E-Mail, Arsene Wenger wrote:Dear Supporter,

We could do without a replay in the FA Cup, that is for sure. But we will not be complaining because, if a replay is the price we pay to still be in the hat, then so be it.

I feel we started very well at Cardiff on Sunday, but overall they had a good committed game and created some chances. In the second half we were on top and it was the quality of Cardiff's defending and their commitment that stopped us scoring and kept the score at 0-0.

The pitch, too, was not easy, but it was a great cup game and showed what the FA Cup is about.

At 0-0 anything could have happened, but in the second half I wasn't so much worried as I had been in the first half. They created chances then on crosses but after half-time they didn't create. But their centre-backs had a great game and overall I think their whole team had a great day.

I think Cardiff wanted the replay in the end. I don't know why, maybe it is a chance at another big game for them, but I believe as a Premier League team coming to a Championship team at a ground like this, there can always be a draw - it has happened before. We are confident we can go through at home.

It is one more game for us and it makes it harder to rest players. We are very short of numbers at the moment and cannot rotate too much, so with two games coming up I could have rested more players than I did on Sunday.

I planned to take Robin van Persie off if possible at Cardiff but it didn't work out that way. It shows in football that you can try to plan but it never goes how you think it will.

Of course, having a replay means Aaron Ramsey may play against his former side again. I think he did well on Sunday.

It is always tricky to come back to your home town club for the first time because you can sometimes overplay. I think he showed that he can be a great player, but sometimes it got to him as it was an emotional day for him.

Thanks for your support.

SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby cgd8813 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:29 am

At least we didnt "drop abit physically in the 2nd half"....Is Mr Eboue really being given a new contract?
SE13 wrote:
Via E-Mail, Arsene Wenger wrote:Dear Supporter,

We could do without a replay in the FA Cup, that is for sure. But we will not be complaining because, if a replay is the price we pay to still be in the hat, then so be it.

I feel we started very well at Cardiff on Sunday, but overall they had a good committed game and created some chances. In the second half we were on top and it was the quality of Cardiff's defending and their commitment that stopped us scoring and kept the score at 0-0.

The pitch, too, was not easy, but it was a great cup game and showed what the FA Cup is about.

At 0-0 anything could have happened, but in the second half I wasn't so much worried as I had been in the first half. They created chances then on crosses but after half-time they didn't create. But their centre-backs had a great game and overall I think their whole team had a great day.

I think Cardiff wanted the replay in the end. I don't know why, maybe it is a chance at another big game for them, but I believe as a Premier League team coming to a Championship team at a ground like this, there can always be a draw - it has happened before. We are confident we can go through at home.

It is one more game for us and it makes it harder to rest players. We are very short of numbers at the moment and cannot rotate too much, so with two games coming up I could have rested more players than I did on Sunday.

I planned to take Robin van Persie off if possible at Cardiff but it didn't work out that way. It shows in football that you can try to plan but it never goes how you think it will.

Of course, having a replay means Aaron Ramsey may play against his former side again. I think he did well on Sunday.

It is always tricky to come back to your home town club for the first time because you can sometimes overplay. I think he showed that he can be a great player, but sometimes it got to him as it was an emotional day for him.

Thanks for your support.
cgd8813
Patrick Vieira

Postby cgd8813 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:40 am

At last.Serious navigational problems.Fkin quite bad relly innt.Keep the faith.Eboue might learn the moral of the story not getting that penalty.I think i even heard the tackle!!
Good_Eye_Sniper wrote:What complete dog shit :snooty:

Yet again we prove that we couldn't hit the ground if we fell out of a plane.

I'm off to formulate a rant about this :BangHead:
cgd8813
Patrick Vieira

Postby Cheese » Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:41 am

Your brother shagged your mother
Your sister shagged your father
You all shagged one another
The Cardiff family....
“What a great day for football, all we need is some green grass and a ball.”
Cheese
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Libertine » Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:24 am

Not unhappy with that.
Cardiff, as expected, had a right good go at us but i thought we were in control for the last hour of the game.
Had Nasri converted the sitter he missed, i'd have fancied to go on and win comfortably.

Last time we drew 0-0 at Ninian Park in the FA Cup we went on to play in the final......
Libertine
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby cgd8813 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:52 pm

So simple maybe to simple for AW
SE13 wrote:Not sure about starting with Bendy. He's been a great impact player recently, but is always a miserable failure when he starts games....
cgd8813
Patrick Vieira

Postby She_Gunner_Wales » Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:00 pm

Libertine wrote:Not unhappy with that.
Cardiff, as expected, had a right good go at us but i thought we were in control for the last hour of the game.
Had Nasri converted the sitter he missed, i'd have fancied to go on and win comfortably.

Last time we drew 0-0 at Ninian Park in the FA Cup we went on to play in the final......

Hopefully a good omen then. ;)
She_Gunner_Wales
Graphics Team

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2008-09