Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Grab a chair, open a beer, and chat away! In Tribute to Drama, SE13, and Fabrestuta. R.I.P.

Which one did you get?

Pfizer-BioNTech
32%
Moderna
15%
Janssen (J&J)
6%
Oxford-AstraZeneca
29%
Sinopharm/Sinovac
No votes
Sputnik-V
No votes
Not vaccinated yet
18%

Total votes : 34

Re: Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Postby Angelito » Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:47 pm

Luzh 22 wrote:Fully vaccinated, and currently on day eight of having COVID-19 - ask your questions here.

Is it the Delta variant, or there's no way of knowing that?
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:49 pm

In the end of the day the vaccines have been proven to cause blood clots and god know's what else, Europe banned one of the vaccines because of clotting so this is not made up accusations.

There is a monetary gain from this also, this is no different to the 2008 market crash.

The tax payers funds are being raided once again just like the bank bail out, we are being fleeced, this is not a conspiracy theory its pure facts.

The game of the rich is to find ways of raidng public funds, taxes are the biggest sitting piles of revenue in the world, the rich can't raid private money, no one can steal Jeff Bezo's billions, but public money .......... well all you need is a scam the Gov't sign up to / enable and its game on.

Its about the transfer of taking our public taxes and moving it into the hands of the private sector where it can enrich private individuals and the wealthy class.

Man makes Covid > Privately made vaccines & testing equipment > Gov'ts take bribes or shadow stocks in those companies and spread the wealth among their contacts > Gov't enacts a raiding of our taxes to buy these vaccines > Countries charge hundreds extra to holiday makers for tests.

If you don't believe this is what's happening then you're a fkin r***rd and don't understand history or how business is done in the upper levels, you're not smart enough to understand basically, the sort of sheep the rich rely on, easy to manipulate.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Luzh 22 » Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:24 pm

Angelito wrote:
Luzh 22 wrote:Fully vaccinated, and currently on day eight of having COVID-19 - ask your questions here.

No way to know, but I am assuming so, as it is so prevalent here. It could also be the lambda variant though, because that is in my area too.
"O Striker, Striker, why are you Striker?" - Arsene Nose 12/07/16
Luzh 22
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Power n Glory » Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:28 pm

Luzh 22 wrote:
Angelito wrote:

No way to know, but I am assuming so, as it is so prevalent here. It could also be the lambda variant though, because that is in my area too.

I'm assuming you haven't had Covid before.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby Luzh 22 » Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:34 pm

Power n Glory wrote:
Luzh 22 wrote:
Angelito wrote:

Nope, this was the first, and hopefully last time. It would be nice to have reference of how it would have effected me pre-vaccine to post, but maybe I'm lucky not to have that experience. Looking at some of my friends who got infected pre-vaccine and now have major complications, they would most certainly think that stupid .
Luzh 22
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:41 pm

Luzh 22 wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
Luzh 22 wrote:
Angelito wrote:

Nope, this was the first, and hopefully last time. It would be nice to have reference of how it would have effected me pre-vaccine to post, but maybe I'm lucky not to have that experience. Looking at some of my friends who got infected pre-vaccine and now have major complications, they would most certainly think that stupid .

........... this is the problem here.

Your comparing your friends who had got Covid, plus bad effects, compared to if they had it post the vaccine.

That is just a sh*t way of looking at it, its what causes the mistrust and fiction to be spread, as you admit, you have no way of knowing what the effects would of been vice versa and that is correct ............. you don't know, and to even assume it would of been less effects flys in the face of what other people have witnessed.

Work colleague of mine had Covid Pre the vaccines, the guy didn't even take a day off (worked from home) just sounded like he had a cold and looked a bit rough, that's it, some others like Idris Elba had to be told they had Covid because he felt nothing.

This is the problem, for every "Pro vaxxer" story, there's an equal one from a "Non Vaxxer" where the real truth is this ........... its obviously down to the individual and how their immune system reacts to it.

I can eat a peanut, give that to a guy who's allergic and it could kill him, the X-factor is not the vaccine, the X-factor is us.

Flu is no different, some people die of flu, most don't.

Remember that guy in the papers who went to the Bahamas on holiday after he got the vaccine .......... and died of Covid.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Luzh 22 » Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:08 pm

Both of my friends who had it bad, had no underlying health issues. One is 41, was on life support for 2 weeks, and can no longer walk. The other is is 36, and has had her left lower leg amputated due to complications arising from covid. Both state unequivocally they wish they had the chance to have the vaccine.

You are absolutely right though, it's a lottery. Better to sway the odds in your favour, no?
Luzh 22
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Jul 22, 2021 4:00 am

Luzh 22 wrote:Both of my friends who had it bad, had no underlying health issues. One is 41, was on life support for 2 weeks, and can no longer walk. The other is is 36, and has had her left lower leg amputated due to complications arising from covid. Both state unequivocally they wish they had the chance to have the vaccine.

You are absolutely right though, it's a lottery. Better to sway the odds in your favour, no?

How in the hell did Covid make her have her lower leg amputated??

Genuine question.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Power n Glory » Thu Jul 22, 2021 6:38 am

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-vallance-corrects-mistake-to-say-60-of-people-being-admitted-to-hospital-with-coronavirus-are-unvaccinated-12359317

So a report went out saying 60% of the people in hospital being treated for Covid were double jabbed. They revised that to say it's actually 60% of the unvaccinated. Great. Even if that is the truth, 40% of the people being treated for Covid are vaccinated. That sounds nuts to me. The goal posts keep moving.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby Luzh 22 » Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:27 am

DiamondGooner wrote:
Luzh 22 wrote:Both of my friends who had it bad, had no underlying health issues. One is 41, was on life support for 2 weeks, and can no longer walk. The other is is 36, and has had her left lower leg amputated due to complications arising from covid. Both state unequivocally they wish they had the chance to have the vaccine.

How in the hell did Covid make her have her lower leg amputated??

Genuine question.

Covid caused clots in the veins in her legs. Her right was bad too, but it didn't go gangrenous.
Luzh 22
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Jedi » Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:01 am

Which vaccine did you get?
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Luzh 22 » Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:04 am

Jedi wrote:

Astra Zeneca
Luzh 22
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Jedi » Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:29 am

Luzh 22 wrote:
Jedi wrote:

Astra Zeneca

AstraZeneca is only 67% effective at preventing symptomatic Delta infections so It's not unusual that you have it, but perhaps somewhat unlucky. What's certain though is that the severity of the infection is much lesser than if you were unvaccinated.

Still, for those who are still unvaccinated and have a choice, pick Pfizer over AstraZeneca as it retains 88% efficacy even with the Delta variant.
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Luzh 22 » Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:33 am

Jedi wrote:
Luzh 22 wrote:
Jedi wrote:

Astra Zeneca

AstraZeneca is only 67% effective at preventing symptomatic Delta infections so It's not unusual that you have it, but perhaps somewhat unlucky. What's certain though is that the severity of the infection is much lesser than if you were unvaccinated.

Still, for those who are still unvaccinated and have a choice, pick Pfizer over AstraZeneca as it retains 88% efficacy even with the Delta variant.

Family members who were vaccinated with Moderna and Pfizer all became infected and were ill. Of the three households, literally nobody escaped.

What's important to note about the top image, is the first sentence. It states "estimated effectiveness at covid-19 prevention" which is simply untrue and is adding to the confusion, even the press can't get it right. The efficacy is not based on prevention, but the effectiveness at reducing serious symptoms - something the pharmaceutical companies behind the vaccines have stated so many times.

People are reading things like above, then comparing it with people who have been double vaccinated, and then they're like "wtf, these vaccines don't even work".
Luzh 22
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Jedi » Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:57 am

Luzh 22 wrote:
Jedi wrote:
Luzh 22 wrote:
Jedi wrote:

Astra Zeneca

Family members who were vaccinated with Moderna and Pfizer all became infected and were ill. Of the three households, literally nobody escaped.

And everyone got both doses? That makes no sense to me. We have a study of 19k people from Public Health England that was literally published yesterday and it shows Pfizer protects well vs the Delta variant.

Perhaps you were incredibly unlucky and came in contact with the much less prevalent beta (South African) variant which seems to be better at avoiding antibodies created by the vaccine.
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

PreviousNext

Return to The Harambee