If Chelsea win the CL again, are they officially bigger?

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: If Chelsea win the CL again, are they officially bigger?

Postby swipe right » Sat Jun 05, 2021 3:23 am

Giroud has signed a one year extension. Since leaving us he’s won the CL, FA cup, and shield. If Chelsea win the league next season he’ll have a full bag. Life is good.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Paddy » Tue Jun 08, 2021 3:55 pm

swipe right wrote:Giroud has signed a one year extension. Since leaving us he’s won the CL, FA cup, and shield. If Chelsea win the league next season he’ll have a full bag. Life is good.

bet he's laughing at us

id be delighted to see my old team crumble whilst i win every major honour.

we really are an absolute laughing stock.
Paddy
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby VCC » Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:49 pm

Paddy wrote:
swipe right wrote:Giroud has signed a one year extension. Since leaving us he’s won the CL, FA cup, and shield. If Chelsea win the league next season he’ll have a full bag. Life is good.

bet he's laughing at us

id be delighted to see my old team crumble whilst i win every major honour.

we really are an absolute laughing stock.

He got to play beautiful football with us with super super quality players.
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby swipe right » Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:25 pm

Who’d have thought Giroud would have a bigger career than van Persie.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby VCC » Wed Jun 09, 2021 3:30 am

swipe right wrote:Who’d have thought Giroud would have a bigger career than van Persie.

Van pussy had no backbone all the talent in the world and no killer instinct imo
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby swipe right » Wed Jun 09, 2021 3:51 am

Giroud made the most of his career. Hats off to him. He was almost 25 when he started playing in the top division in France and made his national team debut. Since then he has won the World Cup, champions league, FA Cup and the shield. He’s also amongst France’s all time goal scorers. People can ridicule him and deny his contributions in the trophies but he’s done well and has had a very meaningful career. Good bit of scouting by Wenger.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby VCC » Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:03 am

swipe right wrote:Giroud made the most of his career. Hats off to him. He was almost 25 when he started playing in the top division in France and made his national team debut. Since then he has won the World Cup, champions league, FA Cup and the shield. He’s also amongst France’s all time goal scorers. People can ridicule him and deny his contributions in the trophies but he’s done well and has had a very meaningful career. Good bit of scouting by Wenger.

For a big slow man he had very good close control and finish, if he had been blessed with pace he may have been a player in the mix of all time greats,
I loved when we got him thinking he would be a plan B of total difference with aerial threat but he was actually better technically than he was a aerial threat.
I didn't rate him but he was far better than alot we have had.
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby swipe right » Wed Jun 09, 2021 6:59 am

Benzena injured. Ollie scored a brace against Bulgaria. Only 5 goals behind Henry as all time French goal scorer. Time for Henry to show OG some respect.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Wed Jun 09, 2021 2:16 pm

VCC wrote:
swipe right wrote:Giroud made the most of his career. Hats off to him. He was almost 25 when he started playing in the top division in France and made his national team debut. Since then he has won the World Cup, champions league, FA Cup and the shield. He’s also amongst France’s all time goal scorers. People can ridicule him and deny his contributions in the trophies but he’s done well and has had a very meaningful career. Good bit of scouting by Wenger.

For a big slow man he had very good close control and finish, if he had been blessed with pace he may have been a player in the mix of all time greats,
I loved when we got him thinking he would be a plan B of total difference with aerial threat but he was actually better technically than he was a aerial threat.
I didn't rate him but he was far better than alot we have had.

Giroud was better than Bendtner and Chamakh, and that's about it. But those guys never had the good fortune of playing next to Ozil, Cazorla and Sanchez who created tons of chances for him.

Put him next to Auba, RVP and Henry and he doesn't look nearly as good.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby theHotHead » Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:22 pm

Put it this way, I was more pissed off when Giroud started than I ever was when Bendtner started, not because Bendtner was better than Giroud, he wasn't, it was just aside from running offside every 2 minutes Bendtner didn't frustrate me as much as Giroud. Adebayor was the most running offside-ing-est player I have ever seen by miles though.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Santi » Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:20 am

Giroud was always and still is a donkey. God forbid he breaks Henry's France tally...what a disaster that would be. You'd have stat merchants claiming Giroud was better than the GOAT striker.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Salibatelli » Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:55 am

Yeah he’s hopeless, I think he’s been fortunate in his career, he’s been given a leading role for us and France, there were better players but Deschamps and Wenger stuck by him no matter what, even when he was hopeless, other players haven’t had that luxury.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby swipe right » Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:14 am

Özim wrote:Yeah he’s hopeless, I think he’s been fortunate in his career, he’s been given a leading role for us and France, there were better players but Deschamps and Wenger stuck by him no matter what, even when he was hopeless, other players haven’t had that luxury.

Deschamps did not need to stick with him. He could’ve started Benzema years ago. He could have played Mbappe through the center and Greizman and Dembele off him. But he didn’t. He chose to stick with Giroud. Same with Wenger. He could have started Laca over Giroud but mostly played Giroud. The fact is his link up play and presence in the box is fantastic. He also gives you goals which is necessary as the center forward. He’s underrated.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Salibatelli » Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:20 am

swipe right wrote:
Özim wrote:Yeah he’s hopeless, I think he’s been fortunate in his career, he’s been given a leading role for us and France, there were better players but Deschamps and Wenger stuck by him no matter what, even when he was hopeless, other players haven’t had that luxury.

Deschamps did not need to stick with him. He could’ve started Benzema years ago. He could have played Mbappe through the center and Greizman and Dembele off him. But he didn’t. He chose to stick with Giroud. Same with Wenger. He could have started Laca over Giroud but mostly played Giroud. The fact is his link up play and presence in the box is fantastic. He also gives you goals which is necessary as the center forward. He’s underrated.

France have so much talent up front, Giroud should be nowhere near the French team, it’s testament to the way certain managers favour certain individuals that Giroud plays all the time.

I don’t rate the guy, he’s a backup basically, he should never be a starter, especially not for a team as good as France.

France have an amazing team, they have a team full of leaders, they barely need a manager to be honest, they winning in spite of Deschamps not because of him, in fact they should have won the Euros last time round but he messed up.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:28 pm

Giroud has Benzema to thank for his NT career. Benzema's antics cost him a CF place in the team from 2015 onward, which Giroud filled.

Benzema got called up for Euros after banging in 30 goals for Real, then got injured and will now miss the tournament.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk