If Chelsea win the CL again, are they officially bigger?

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: If Chelsea win the CL again, are they officially bigger?

Postby theHotHead » Sun May 30, 2021 7:50 am

Power n Glory wrote:With reports of Mahrez and Sterling up for sale, Aguero leaving and rumours of Gabriel Jesus on the move, maybe Pep has a vision of playing Central midfielders in every position! :rolleyes:

The man went out there and started the game without a striker or DM.

I know, I couldn't believe what I was seeing, the level of arrogance!!

Pep committed suicide yesterday, the eejut!
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Paddy » Sun May 30, 2021 7:52 am

Tuchel turned them into champions league winners in 4 months

Just goes to show the importance of a good manager and the difference it makes.
Paddy
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby theHotHead » Sun May 30, 2021 7:55 am

Im not an advocate of the "spending money" route to winning trophies, I am perfectly happy with how we have acted financially. The problem has been the purchases themselves, spending over the odds too often and not spending enough too often.

Then you have the coaching/management that has been pathetic for years.

But something that aggravates me equally as much is having an owner that cares f**k all about football. One thing nobody can accuse Abramavich of is not caring, he is always at matches with that "you can't tell if he is about to do a shit or smile" look on his Chevy Chase!!
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby KG3 » Sun May 30, 2021 8:13 am

Power n Glory wrote:The win highlights so many mistakes we've made. Not going for Kante and opting for Xhaka instead, sticking with Arteta, not going for Tuchel and how dreadfully awful Pep ball is to watch.

Agree aside from the pep part, if his football is dreadful what’s ours lol
KG3
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby KG3 » Sun May 30, 2021 8:29 am

theHotHead wrote:Im not an advocate of the "spending money" route to winning trophies, I am perfectly happy with how we have acted financially. The problem has been the purchases themselves, spending over the odds too often and not spending enough too often.

Then you have the coaching/management that has been pathetic for years.

But something that aggravates me equally as much is having an owner that cares f**k all about football. One thing nobody can accuse Abramavich of is not caring, he is always at matches with that "you can't tell if he is about to do a shit or smile" look on his Chevy Chase!!

Exactly this far too much spend on the wrong players like Pepe and Xhaka when better players where available Mahrez/Kante for less.

Also I’ve been saying for ages now we need to start buying BPL proven quality most successful teams are built on this Rooney, Carrick, Ferdinand at United... Cole, Lampard, Fabregas, Kante etc for Chelsea... Tevez, Stones, Walker, Mahrez at city, then Liverpool have Van Dijk, Henderson, Mane

My point is every winning team in recent years had BPL proven quality in the squad, it’s easier for the player to hit the ground running and become important to the team, look at us now our record signing Pepe 3 years in and he performs like a teenage Walcott at best, now imagine how much better of we would have been if we pushed the boat out for Mahrez/Sane instead.

Also to add to this point they’re plenty of bargains from smaller teams to be found in recent years like Wijnaldum, Cahill, Robertson, Henderson etc but because they play for smaller teams everyone thinks they’re s**t and they’d rather we spend 50M+ on some one season wonder from France like Pepe

Time to spend smarter if we want to progress as a club, because for every Xhaka, Mustafi and so on we set ourselves back 3/4 years for that one position, unlike Chelsea we can’t afford to spend big again on another player for that same position the season after
KG3
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby jayramfootball » Sun May 30, 2021 8:50 am

KG3 wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:The win highlights so many mistakes we've made. Not going for Kante and opting for Xhaka instead, sticking with Arteta, not going for Tuchel and how dreadfully awful Pep ball is to watch.

I am not sure people have actually followed Tuchel's Chelsea that closely. They are the definition of boring football. Fewest goals of any team in the top 10 since Tuchel arrived. They win with defence. Park the bus and counter. That will work for spells but it won't work long term.

Since Tuchel arrived.

Pep's City goals in PL : 49
Tuchel's Chelsea goals in the PL : 25

You have to go down to 11th and Ancellotti's truly awful Everton team to find a club over that period who have scored less goals.
Last edited by jayramfootball on Sun May 30, 2021 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Power n Glory » Sun May 30, 2021 9:05 am

KG3 wrote:

That should be self explanatory. It's an inferior version and worse to watch.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby EliteKiller » Sun May 30, 2021 9:32 am

Play shit boring football and win a trophy - play attractive exciting football and lose a few ..... you want Mourinho or Bielsa?
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Paddy » Sun May 30, 2021 9:33 am

who cares if tuchel's football has been boring

theyve just won the champions league

only arsenal fans nit pick at irrelevant points to make themselves feel better lmao
Paddy
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby theHotHead » Sun May 30, 2021 10:02 am

Chelsea have always been boring since they came into success, nothing new there. Its why Maureen was sacked the first time around. The best teams are built on a foundation of great defences though.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Paddy » Sun May 30, 2021 10:07 am

pep needs more scrutinising

he's attacked the essence of the game by his no striker bullsh*t

he's trying to divert the direction of the game by introducing no strikers and making the position redundant. if i was a striker i would be fuming at the disrespect.

the aim of the game is to out-score your opponents and he's playing without one. it's an absolute disgrace.

the t**t deserved to lose, it's just a shame it was to chelsea.
Paddy
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun May 30, 2021 10:15 am

EliteKiller wrote:Play shit boring football and win a trophy - play attractive exciting football and lose a few ..... you want Mourinho or Bielsa?

If that was really the case then we'd of won the treble this year.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Paddy » Sun May 30, 2021 10:18 am

:rofll:
Paddy
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby VCC » Sun May 30, 2021 6:16 pm

I used to get furious about the tippy tappy in the opponent's box, now we do it in our own box if that is today's exiting football I can do without it
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby starmandb » Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:23 am

Özim wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Özim wrote:Got to hand it to Abramovic, he’s turned them into a team capable of winning all the prizes over the years, meanwhile we’ve got billionaires that keep
a manager on when he comes 8th.

I think you can see the difference between a team with an owner that demands success and another with owners with no ambition.

We employ people that when it matters fail everytime, they do come 3rd in the 2nd half of the season PL, even if they do get knocked out by former managers on the way.

#losersclub

Yeah - must be so difficult to buy success with Russian blood money.
What a hero.
:rolleyes:

Yeah of course, they’ve only won 5 titles, 2CL and a EL, 5 FA cups and 2 league cups in the time we’ve won 3 FA cups.

But hey ho better to have billionaires that let the club fall into midtable and are happy with a manager who gets 8th 2 seasons running hey!

We’re clearly the winners here!

4 fa cups
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk