If Chelsea win the CL again, are they officially bigger?

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: If Chelsea win the CL again, are they officially bigger?

Postby VCC » Sat May 29, 2021 10:00 pm

Kronke is moving Arsenal to Birmingham
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Alexis » Sat May 29, 2021 10:12 pm

VCC wrote:Kronke is moving Arsenal to Birmingham

aston villa seem to mean business these days. so he'll need to move it again.
Alexis
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby DiamondGooner » Sat May 29, 2021 11:23 pm

Power n Glory wrote:The win highlights so many mistakes we've made. Not going for Kante and opting for Xhaka instead, sticking with Arteta, not going for Tuchel and how dreadfully awful Pep ball is to watch.

I know its bad.

Whenever I'm seeing these finals I'm happy for the teams but its like a kick in the nads thinking about our team.

Where was our fight like Leicester showed against Chelsea when we were in the Semi finals against Villarreal?
Where was our "Not coming to fk around" attitude like Chelsea had tonight? where was our composure and game management like what Villarreal had against Utd?

We fkin stink, I don't think I've ever been this put off by Arsenal in my life, the decisions from top to bottom in this club is amatuer hour.
I keep thinking what I would do with this team and I can't see us finishing below 5th.

We actually have really good attackers, Pepe, Martinelli, Auba, Saka and Arteta is playing a sht system which is allowing defences 3mins to get set up before we attack.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Paddy » Sat May 29, 2021 11:50 pm

Chelsea showing us how its done once again

Whilst we try and win the self righteous trophy, they're busy winning all of the actual trophies.

The difference between us and them is they are hungry for success. We talk a good game but in truth, we're happy with mediocrity.

People saying their trophies and success doesn't count. Do me a favour. In 30 years time their name will be in the history books and they'll be telling their grandkids some amazing stories whilst we'll be talking about sod all.

As for tuchel, he has done wonders. Turned the fortunes of that team around but that only came after the board got rid of lampard, once again being ruthless.

And as for pep, the overthinking tw*t. As soon as I saw sterling in the team I knew they'd lose. T*sser.
Paddy
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby swipe right » Sun May 30, 2021 3:44 am

Trophies won in the last 20 years
Chelsea 17
United and City 13 each
Arsenal and Liverpool 9 each
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Sun May 30, 2021 4:06 am

All of this has happened in the last 6 months.

Only Don Unai can stop a clean sweep when they meet in the Super Cup

Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Nuggets » Sun May 30, 2021 6:23 am

Right now they are.
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby Salibatelli » Sun May 30, 2021 6:28 am

This is probably the least bothered I’ve been about an English club winning the CL, it use to really bother me to see some other team win it instead of us, now we be accepted it’s a pipe dream for us and we’ve now been turned into midtable cannon fodder by Arteta and co and are now playing in an entirely different league to these teams.

Also glad to see Guardiola lose, can’t stand his brand of football, he’s also one of the guys that overhyped Arteta big time so that the lot at our club decided to make him number 1 choice and then when he had us have our worst run for 35 years said it would be a mistake to get rid.
Last edited by Salibatelli on Sun May 30, 2021 6:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby Nuggets » Sun May 30, 2021 6:31 am

Özim wrote:This is probably the least bothered I’ve been about an English club winning the CL, it use to really bother me to see some other team win it instead of us, now we be accepted it’s a pipe dream for us and we’ve now been turned into midtable cannon fodder by Arteta and co and are now playing in an entirely different league to these teams.

Yup it is a pipe dream winning the CL however, we have a chance of wining the big one the ......Emirates Cup :1990_dancing.gif: :1990_dancing.gif:
Nuggets

Postby Power n Glory » Sun May 30, 2021 6:49 am

With reports of Mahrez and Sterling up for sale, Aguero leaving and rumours of Gabriel Jesus on the move, maybe Pep has a vision of playing Central midfielders in every position! :rolleyes:

The man went out there and started the game without a striker or DM.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby Salibatelli » Sun May 30, 2021 6:54 am

Power n Glory wrote:With reports of Mahrez and Sterling up for sale, Aguero leaving and rumours of Gabriel Jesus on the move, maybe Pep has a vision of playing Central midfielders in every position! :rolleyes:

This whole playing without a striker tactic is so flawed, why would anyone do that, not only does it make zero sense to omit your biggest goal threats (invariably those are the strikers) but it also make it really boring to watch.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby Power n Glory » Sun May 30, 2021 7:20 am

Özim wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:With reports of Mahrez and Sterling up for sale, Aguero leaving and rumours of Gabriel Jesus on the move, maybe Pep has a vision of playing Central midfielders in every position! :rolleyes:

This whole playing without a striker tactic is so flawed, why would anyone do that, not only does it make zero sense to omit your biggest goal threats (invariably those are the strikers) but it also make it really boring to watch.

He's like a mad scientist trying to reinvent the wheel. Takes a lot of money to fuel his vanity projects. You can't pull this sort of crap with teams on limited budgets.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby Salibatelli » Sun May 30, 2021 7:28 am

Power n Glory wrote:
Özim wrote:

He's like a mad scientist trying to reinvent the wheel. Takes a lot of money to fuel his vanity projects. You can't pull this sort of crap with teams on limited budgets.

You’re spot on and like you said you need to spend megabucks as he’s done at every club he’s been at, he’s inherited a fair amount of worldies as well.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby VCC » Sun May 30, 2021 7:28 am

Power n Glory wrote:
Özim wrote:

AW did it for years after the invincible, his super super technical players that tipped the tap out of tippy tappy and generally wouldn't shoot unless they were two yards out.
Pep same ego as Aw
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Power n Glory » Sun May 30, 2021 7:47 am

VCC wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
Özim wrote:

AW did it for years after the invincible, his super super technical players that tipped the tap out of tippy tappy and generally wouldn't shoot unless they were two yards out.
Pep same ego as Aw

We're seeing another level of ego under Pep. From one of Areta's comments, he's been trying to work out how to play without a striker for a while. Probably started at Barca with Cesc playing the false 9.

It says something when a coach tries to show the world he doesn’t need to play with a striker. Sort of devalues the importance of the position if successful. The magical moments in football are being stripped away with this overcoaching and restriction. Wenger was never about that.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk