General Chit Chat

Grab a chair, open a beer, and chat away! In Tribute to Drama, SE13, and Fabrestuta. R.I.P.

Re: General Chit Chat

Postby Dejan » Sat Mar 20, 2021 9:06 pm

Santi wrote:well he is a clown himself lol
Y u so mean??

Ufgn is a great fella

Verstuurd vanaf mijn D5803 met Tapatalk
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby LMAO » Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:44 am

March Madness is the most exciting sport tournament. Can't think of anything that comes close tbh
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby Ach » Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:18 pm

Did the one minute silence thing for the queens husband thingy.

Outside the building with a public that didn't give a shit about it walking past

Kinda embarrassing.
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby Royal Gooner » Sun Apr 18, 2021 6:35 am

Ach wrote:Did the one minute silence thing for the queens husband thingy.

Outside the building with a public that didn't give a shit about it walking past

Kinda embarrassing.

Very disappointing to see what we have become that people can't wait 1 minute.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Ach » Sun Apr 18, 2021 6:48 am

I remember we did the clap for NHS on Thursdays. People joined in for that.

No one cared yesterday though. Kinda sad.
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:00 am

Royal Gooner wrote:

Kinda embarrassing.

Don't know I kind of think its refreshing, people who don't give a sht not faking it.

If you care then do the 1 minute silence, if not ........ don't, nothing wrong with that.

For me I usually work in an office and the amount of fake, company wide "minutes silence" BS I've had to endure for all sorts of reasons, well I work from home at the moment and I'm glad.

At my age now I can't be dealing with it all, being fake, I respect what I respect and I don't what I don't, same as everyone else.

I've got some respect for the Queen, she seems like a dutiful person who's take her role seriously over the years, I'm sure she's flawed like the rest of us but she seems genuine in her dedication.

Philip .......... I'm going to be honest, hell no, I'm usually a good judge of character and I don't want to speak ill of the deceased but I can just imagine him with the rest of the elitist toffs in his hey day talking down about people and making racist remarks while sipping a brandy down the members only clubs, he definitely struck me as the type, probably more so than any of the other Royals.

No ones perfect and I don't hold that against him especially as its just an impression I have, but I'm certainly not going to mourn him either.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Nuggets » Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:09 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
Royal Gooner wrote:

Kinda embarrassing.

Don't know I kind of think its refreshing, people who don't give a sht not faking it.

If you care then do the 1 minute silence, if not ........ don't, nothing wrong with that.

For me I usually work in an office and the amount of fake, company wide "minutes silence" BS I've had to endure for all sorts of reasons, well I work from home at the moment and I'm glad.

At my age now I can't be dealing with it all, being fake, I respect what I respect and I don't what I don't, same as everyone else.

I've got some respect for the Queen, she seems like a dutiful person who's take her role seriously over the years, I'm sure she's flawed like the rest of us but she seems genuine in her dedication.

Philip .......... I'm going to be honest, hell no, I'm usually a good judge of character and I don't want to speak ill of the deceased but I can just imagine him with the rest of the elitist toffs in his hey day talking down about people and making racist remarks while sipping a brandy down the members only clubs, he definitely struck me as the type, probably more so than any of the other Royals.

No ones perfect and I don't hold that against him especially as its just an impression I have, but I'm certainly not going to mourn him either.

Old Phil lived the good life that's for sure another one who couldn't keep it in his pants, some people are making him out to be a saint lol He had a good inning best of everything all his life so I don't feel sorry for the guy, didn't like or dislike him.
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby Rockape » Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:23 pm

The thing is, we never got to know him! He stayed in the background, did what he had to do, to the best of his ability. His funeral says more about him, in that he wanted nothing special and was basically a simple man in an exalted position. He did indeed have a fabulous life, but he didn’t actually retire until he was 96 FFS!

Some great anecdotes about him going around currently.
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Phil71 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:59 pm

Distinguished naval service in WW2. 1st Lt 2nd in command of three different battleships.

Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Rockape » Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:07 pm

I served in the RAF Regiment Queens Colour Sqn for three years and was in the lining party outside Westminster Abbey for Mountbatten’s funeral.

So I was watching our military very closely and as usual they were superb. The two bearer parties carrying the coffin were spot on in a difficult role. Mind you the rehearsals are relentless!

We do do these events extremely well.
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Phil71 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:50 pm

Rockape wrote:I served in the RAF Regiment Queens Colour Sqn for three years and was in the lining party outside Westminster Abbey for Mountbatten’s funeral.

So I was watching our military very closely and as usual they were superb. The two bearer parties carrying the coffin were spot on in a difficult role. Mind you the rehearsals are relentless!

We do do these events extremely well.

I said that to my wife on Saturday. She was worried that something terrible would happen when they were carrying the coffin up those stairs and I told her they'd have rehearsed that hundreds of times. Over and over.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Sun May 16, 2021 5:58 am

If God is all powerful why did it take him 6 days to create the universe?

Shouldn't he have been able to make it so instantly?
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby Phil71 » Sun May 16, 2021 7:22 am

Va-Va-Voom wrote:If God is all powerful why did it take him 6 days to create the universe?

Shouldn't he have been able to make it so instantly?

Have to ask also why he created the heaven and the earth in the dark. It was only afterwards that he said 'let there be light'. Surely it would have been more sensible to have a bit of light in the first place.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Rockape » Sun May 16, 2021 7:28 am

This is all rather deep for a Sunday morning! :lol:
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Phil71 » Sun May 16, 2021 7:40 am

Do you mind? This is a highbrow theological debate.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

PreviousNext

Return to The Harambee