Daniel Ek (takeover bid)

Heard any rumours? This is the place to discuss potential transfer targets.

Re: Daniel Ek (takeover bid)

Postby Ach » Wed May 05, 2021 2:54 am

Henry saying Ek mentioning this on Twitter is a way to let us fans know what's happening rather than do it behind closed doors and no one has a clue.

This man must be our owner.
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby Arsenal Tone » Wed May 05, 2021 5:54 am

https://youtu.be/jf1TXJ7zoJA

Still don't understand what role th, pv and db play other than getting fans onside. Carragher asked henry that question and he pretty much ignored it so i don't think they've even thought about it.

Bergkamp maybe as some sort of dof, but henry and vieira have both stated they want to manage the club in the past and i can't see either settling for playing second fiddle to the other.

Henry also kept saying it is more about involving the fans more than about winning trophies. Saying Utd won trophies and their fans still weren't happy. To me this suggests they might not be investing big money in signings etc. I'm worried it'd be more of 'doing things the right way' at the expense of winning. That is the 'Arsene way', not the 'Arsenal way'. The Arsenal way is winning comes first and imo that requires a 'sugar daddy' Dangote type.
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Paddy » Wed May 05, 2021 6:53 am

Tony Adams wrote:https://youtu.be/jf1TXJ7zoJA

Still don't understand what role th, pv and db play other than getting fans onside. Carragher asked henry that question and he pretty much ignored it so i don't think they've even thought about it.

Bergkamp maybe as some sort of dof, but henry and vieira have both stated they want to manage the club in the past and i can't see either settling for playing second fiddle to the other.

Henry also kept saying it is more about involving the fans more than about winning trophies. Saying Utd won trophies and their fans still weren't happy. To me this suggests they might not be investing big money in signings etc. I'm worried it'd be more of 'doing things the right way' at the expense of winning. That is the 'Arsene way', not the 'Arsenal way'. The Arsenal way is winning comes first and imo that requires a 'sugar daddy' Dangote type.

will watch that vid later but from what ive read the legends will be involved at a higher level. its all about getting the values of the club back and connecting with supporters again.

bayern tend to put football people in the upper hierarchy such as an ex player as CEO. hopefully we do that kind of stuff. football people running the club not clueless businessmen.
Paddy
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby swipe right » Thu May 06, 2021 12:44 pm

Wenger joins the rebels. Shit. Just. Got. Real.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby EliteKiller » Thu May 06, 2021 12:51 pm

swipe right wrote:Wenger joins the rebels. Shit. Just. Got. Real.

Strong rumour that the bid will be $1.8b and that it will be subject to EL and EPL end of season results. Frankly I doubt $1.8b is going to do it, and even if it does it will take the FA/EPL approval committee months to pass EK as fit and proper.

What is now a very real possibility is zero cash this summer - EK will still be a bidder - and with that in mind KSE will not be spending a penny in cash as cash will add to the the club's value.

If this turns out to be smoke and mirrors, or even if it is real, either way it could have a profound impact on this coming transfer window.
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby swipe right » Thu May 06, 2021 1:02 pm

EliteKiller wrote:

Strong rumour that the bid will be $1.8b and that it will be subject to EL and EPL end of season results. Frankly I doubt $1.8b is going to do it, and even if it does it will take the FA/EPL approval committee months to pass EK as fit and proper.

What is now a very real possibility is zero cash this summer - EK will still be a bidder - and with that in mind KSE will not be spending a penny in cash as cash will add to the the club's value.

If this turns out to be smoke and mirrors, or even if it is real, either way it could have a profound impact on this coming transfer window.

Wrong. The bid will be $1.8b + $1.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Phil71 » Thu May 06, 2021 3:13 pm

How does that fit with the people who wanted Wenger out and now want Kroenke out so want Wenger in for that but not in for anything else?

If they're to hold up pieces of paper at the ground they'll have to make their position clear.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby VCC » Thu May 06, 2021 8:22 pm

As much as I dislike Kronke,
This group is imo is not going to work, EK has not enough money so when things dont go right on the pitch where is a bail out financial boost coming for signings. A group of AW,veira,Henry and bergkamp will be interesting at best far to many Alpha Male in that lot.
God help us
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby yadunoe » Thu May 06, 2021 9:45 pm

I kinda agree but kroenke might just accept with not European money incoming
yadunoe
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Thu May 06, 2021 11:23 pm

Ek is a new rich guy who knows nothing about the inner workings of sports clubs and appears to assume that he can walk in and buy a big club just like that.

Remember that Man City's former owner was a billionaire too. It's just that the current billionaires are better organized and have ambition.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby VCC » Fri May 07, 2021 4:48 am

He will probably want some show run by Simon Cowell and AW to find our next talent
We are all doomed
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Arsenal Tone » Fri May 07, 2021 5:21 am

He's basically one of us with money and we know how full of **** we all are! I wonder if he has a GW account?
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Fri May 07, 2021 6:13 am

Fs secrets out, it’s me.