Mikel Arteta, First-Team Manager

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Mikel Arteta, First-Team Manager

Postby jayramfootball » Sun May 02, 2021 3:37 pm

aniym wrote:Martinelli on the left, Saka/Pepe on the right, Aubameyang down the middle. This is how the front 3 should look like v Villareal.

Laca in the middle.
Auba scored a good goal today (really nice finish) and the run was good too to be in position, BUT his CF play for the vast majority of the game was poor.
He's not a CF.
Laca scores more goals and offers significantly better hold up play. If fit, he has to start. If not, I'd prefer to see Martinelli central and Auba left.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Nuggets » Sun May 02, 2021 3:42 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
Nuggets wrote:
Santi wrote:Good win

The way the Toon played it was a very easy game to win, he still needs to go.

It's getting stupid now - when we win, well it's because the other team were rubbish, when we don't it's Arteta's fault.
f***ing childish.

Not really just being realistic, do you think the Toon played well? I think people just want us to have something to look forward to each in each game dare I say entertaining well we are not going to get it with this clown are we.
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby Santi » Sun May 02, 2021 4:05 pm

Nuggets wrote:

They have little to play for but at the end of the day a win is a win. Agree we didn’t have to do too much but I’ll take it all day long.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Sun May 02, 2021 4:09 pm

Nuggets wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Nuggets wrote:

It's getting stupid now - when we win, well it's because the other team were rubbish, when we don't it's Arteta's fault.
f***ing childish.

Not really just being realistic, do you think the Toon played well? I think people just want us to have something to look forward to each in each game dare I say entertaining well we are not going to get it with this clown are we.

No Toon didn't play well, but they wanted to win and we didn't let them play.
Our defence was solid. Our midfield was controlled, if a little negative and we played decent down the flanks, goalkeeper was dominant when he had to be.
We earned the victory.
If we play like that against Villareal, we're through.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby ag6789 » Sun May 02, 2021 4:17 pm

Wonder why we cannot replicate these performances more often.
ag6789
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby jayramfootball » Sun May 02, 2021 4:18 pm

ag6789 wrote:Wonder why we cannot replicate these performances more often.

It's because Arteta keeps chopping and changing the team, formations and tactics.
Some tweaking based on the opponent is fine, but the amount f change is so much it's impossible for players to get into any sort of ryhthm.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Nuggets » Sun May 02, 2021 6:50 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
Nuggets wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Nuggets wrote:

f***ing childish.

No Toon didn't play well, but they wanted to win and we didn't let them play.
Our defence was solid. Our midfield was controlled, if a little negative and we played decent down the flanks, goalkeeper was dominant when he had to be.
We earned the victory.
If we play like that against Villareal, we're through.

Time will tell, lets hope so.
Nuggets

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon May 03, 2021 6:41 pm

What ......... a crap performance? we replicate them plenty.

Don't get me wrong I take nothing away from the win, but we were bang average and only scored due to a wonder goal from a guy we barely play and one well crafted goal from another guy Arteta barely plays.

On another day that would of been 1-0 against a horrendous, and I mean horrendous Newcastle team.

Glad we got the win but its difficult to take any heart from such an average or even below average performance.

Sheffield and 2nd leg against Prague were the only two very good performances recently, the rest have been draws, losses and a boring win against a sht team.

This is not the stuff of top 6 teams.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Mon May 03, 2021 7:46 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:

What ......... a crap performance? we replicate them plenty.

Don't get me wrong I take nothing away from the win, but we were bang average and only scored due to a wonder goal from a guy we barely play and one well crafted goal from another guy Arteta barely plays.

On another day that would of been 1-0 against a horrendous, and I mean horrendous Newcastle team.

Glad we got the win but its difficult to take any heart from such an average or even below average performance.

Sheffield and 2nd leg against Prague were the only two very good performances recently, the rest have been draws, losses and a boring win against a sht team.

This is not the stuff of top 6 teams.

Newcastle had beaten West Ham , drawn with Liverpool and drawn with Spurs in a 4 game unbeaten run prior to playing us.
We played well and dominated them.
It was a decent performance.

I think we've had a few good games in the last couple of months, but we're inconsistent.
I get the frustration because we simply don't know what we're going to get week in week out in the areas one would absolutely expect consistency... effort, confidence and a clear plan, BUT I think there are some good signs.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon May 03, 2021 11:25 pm

I'm not slating Newcastles run of games and don't really care what they did in their last 4 games.

...........I'm stating a clear fact, Newcastle played like sht against us.

There is no getting around that, we were in 2nd gear all game and they barely troubled our goal and we weren't exactly playing electric either.

We were bland and overly cautious, they were complete crap, where's the untruth there?
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Nuggets » Tue May 04, 2021 5:45 am

DiamondGooner wrote:I'm not slating Newcastles run of games and don't really care what they did in their last 4 games.

There is no getting around that, we were in 2nd gear all game and they barely troubled our goal and we weren't exactly playing electric either.

We were bland and overly cautious, they were complete crap, where's the untruth there?

Correct assessment, we were dire but they were like a pub team.
Nuggets

Postby Paddy » Tue May 04, 2021 11:25 am

Mikel Arteta’s job at Arsenal remains safe and there is expectation that he will now be given extra funds for the next transfer window. [@DeanJonesSoccer]
Paddy
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby theHotHead » Tue May 04, 2021 11:50 am

Paddy wrote:Mikel Arteta’s job at Arsenal remains safe and there is expectation that he will now be given extra funds for the next transfer window. [@DeanJonesSoccer]

FFS.

Lets hope Dean Jones has no inside knowledge !
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby starmandb » Tue May 04, 2021 1:57 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:I'm not slating Newcastles run of games and don't really care what they did in their last 4 games.

Newcastle’s motivation is now our problem as well ? We totally bossed an end of season game
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby Salibatelli » Tue May 04, 2021 3:07 pm

Great we bossed a meaningless game against a side who already know they’re safe and have nothing to play for, let’s give ourselves a par on the back for that one!
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk