In the news today...

Grab a chair, open a beer, and chat away! In Tribute to Drama, SE13, and Fabrestuta. R.I.P.

Re: In the news today....

Postby jayramfootball » Sun Apr 25, 2021 9:37 pm

Phil71 wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:What is worse is that in mayoral elections, Londoners are just about to vote for the same sh*t.

London will get the mayor it deserves.

I was born and raised in London and still live in it.

I'm leaving it this year - and I can't f***ing wait.

Good for you - I moved out of the shithole years ago and glad I did.
Moving again because even Warwickshire is becoming unbearable - even bigger shit hole of Birmingham spreading out to surrounding areas.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Phil71 » Sun May 02, 2021 9:01 am

Cash in transit attempted robbery in SA.

Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon May 03, 2021 7:03 pm

This is what's happening in American schools and its also happening in British schools specifically about LGBTQ subjects.

Society is losing the battle, these extremists are in schools, Big business, Gov't, TV and Entertainment, Music and all forms of media.

They are moulding the next generations of children to the point where students like this guy are fighting back because some of them know they're being brainwashed.

Undermining teaching as a profession, what's next Judges?

Everybodies fked, people are losing their jobs now for saying Trans women aren't "real" women or that they shouldn't be allowed in womens sports or bath rooms.

DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Mon May 03, 2021 7:52 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:This is what's happening in American schools and its also happening in British schools specifically about LGBTQ subjects.

Society is losing the battle, these extremists are in schools, Big business, Gov't, TV and Entertainment, Music and all forms of media.

They are moulding the next generations of children to the point where students like this guy are fighting back because some of them know they're being brainwashed.

Undermining teaching as a profession, what's next Judges?

Everybodies fked, people are losing their jobs now for saying Trans women aren't "real" women or that they shouldn't be allowed in womens sports or bath rooms.

Judges next? Already happened.
We're in a world now where free speech or even legitimate questions are deemed to be punishable offences.
It's very sad for the next generation, particularly, that there are enough idiots that go along with the kind of crap we have to put up with.
Too late to change things now - it will have to get much worse before it gets better - tipping point already reached.

Ironically the flood gates were opened by the Conservatives, not the uber liberals. David Cameron f***ked this country with his 'hate speech' agenda.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Phil71 » Mon May 03, 2021 7:56 pm

I had to stop listening to it after a few minutes as my blood was starting to boil.

I can't f***ing stand these people.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Mon May 03, 2021 9:59 pm

Caitlyn Jenner said trans women shouldn't be allowed to compete with biological females as it's simply not fair.

Agree 1000%
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby jayramfootball » Mon May 03, 2021 10:01 pm

Va-Va-Voom wrote:Caitlyn Jenner said trans women shouldn't be allowed to compete with biological females as it's simply not fair.

Agree 1000%
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Mon May 03, 2021 10:05 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
Va-Va-Voom wrote:Caitlyn Jenner said trans women shouldn't be allowed to compete with biological females as it's simply not fair.

Agree 1000%

Caitlyn will probably get canceled by the LGBT community now lol
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby jayramfootball » Mon May 03, 2021 10:08 pm

Va-Va-Voom wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

Agree 1000%

Caitlyn will probably get canceled by the LGBT community now lol

Well here's the thing, in most cases the people pushing all this sh*t are not actually in the damn communities they are advocating - they just speak for them...and you are right, if people from the said community fall out of line they get attacked.

The most bigoted people on earth are usually the ones who shout loudest against bigotry - must be a guilt complex fuelling incessant virtue signalling...just like that t**t of a 'teacher' in the video.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Phil71 » Mon May 03, 2021 10:18 pm

Agree 1000%

Same.

It's great that prominent trans people speak out in favour of common sense. India Willoughby is another. She's a great campaigner for trans with common sense. Stuff like changing rooms and whether men who identify as women should be allowed in. She says no way. Use the mens.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby jayramfootball » Mon May 03, 2021 10:24 pm

Here's a good response to an ACTUAL bigot who is masquerades as the opposite, Alyssa Milano:

jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon May 03, 2021 10:48 pm

Absolutely its completely selfish.

You have white liberals with a guilt complex who want a cause, they want to be activists and rebel against their parents / gov'ts probably because they felt marginalised whenn they were younger or weren't the "cool kids" at school.
Its almost like revenge of the nerds and they use social media and tech to band together to erode society.
That woman is absolutely right, they feed off fear and division.

Honestly I know sometimes black folk feel like they need support but this is not the type of support they need, these people want to turn you into a college project and keep you in a box so you can forever be their poor little victim.

Do you know why they don't try this sht with Chinese, Arab, Mexican etc, firstly it wouldn't satisfy their guilt as much but even more so .......... you know damn well they'd get told to sftu, Chinese, Arab and Mexicans are nobodies victims, they're proud, look after themselves and make their own way in the world, if some divvy Far Left hippie said "Awww they don't vote because they don't know how to use the internet" they'd get a slap across the face.

I mean what self respecting man would want their race to be the hot topic at some elitist hollywood dinner party? so they can all sip champagne and sniff coke while saying "Omg those poor people, did you know they don't even know how to use the internet? oh its terrible".

You can just imagine it.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Wed May 05, 2021 10:13 am

...and right on queue we have Joy Reid - a person who posted bigoted views on her social media and claimed she'd been 'hacked' as an excuse, decides to attack Jenner. Apparently, Joy Ried thinks she is a better spokesperson for the transgender community.

here's what the proven bigot Joy Reid had to say:

Reid stated, “Of course, Caitlyn Jenner, the Republican candidate for California governor who wants to lead that state does not speak for the trans community. But she is a long-time Republican who’s also a vehement Trump supporter and we know the Republican M.O. all too well. We know that they don’t actually care about fairness in girl’s sports, just like they don’t actually care about unborn fetuses. Because if they did care, they would also care about kids locked in cages and that America’s babies need affordable health care too. Their war against abortion, just like their war against marriage equality, it’s what we’re seeing in this war against trans kids. It’s about forcing the other to exist in their shadow so that they can continue living in a country where their status is protected against all else.”

Quite the comedy queen is Joy Reid.

Apparently, Jenner's position on not allowing transgenders to compete against women is being unfair to women :lol:
Oh and Jenner doesn't speak for the trans community, but of course, Joy Reid thinks she does :lol:
Hmmm, she also says Jenner is about 'forcing the other to exist in their shadow'. Reid could not have described the radical left she advocates any better - but then the radical left have always accused others of their own tactics. :lol:
..and of course 'kids in cages' comes up again - but no criticism of Obama who accelerated that practice or Joe Biden who has taken it to a whole new level - it's only conservatives you see. :lol:

What an absolute clown - the type we see all too often on the radical left-wing news media outlets.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Phil71 » Wed May 05, 2021 11:50 am

DiamondGooner wrote:Absolutely its completely selfish.

You have white liberals with a guilt complex who want a cause, they want to be activists and rebel against their parents / gov'ts probably because they felt marginalised whenn they were younger or weren't the "cool kids" at school.
Its almost like revenge of the nerds and they use social media and tech to band together to erode society.
That woman is absolutely right, they feed off fear and division.

Honestly I know sometimes black folk feel like they need support but this is not the type of support they need, these people want to turn you into a college project and keep you in a box so you can forever be their poor little victim.

Do you know why they don't try this sht with Chinese, Arab, Mexican etc, firstly it wouldn't satisfy their guilt as much but even more so .......... you know damn well they'd get told to sftu, Chinese, Arab and Mexicans are nobodies victims, they're proud, look after themselves and make their own way in the world, if some divvy Far Left hippie said "Awww they don't vote because they don't know how to use the internet" they'd get a slap across the face.

I mean what self respecting man would want their race to be the hot topic at some elitist hollywood dinner party? so they can all sip champagne and sniff coke while saying "Omg those poor people, did you know they don't even know how to use the internet? oh its terrible".

You can just imagine it.

Even people like Denzel Washington get it all the time.

You can picture the scene at a Hollywood cocktail party where some thick, wet, liberal virtue-signalling woman bumps into him.

"Oh hi, Mr Washington - - Millicent Jones - we met once as I was leaving Shanaqua Smith's lunch in support for disadvantaged native Americans and you were going into the restaurant next door."

"Hello - please, call me Denzil."

"Hi Denzil - I think it's great that you have such a strong African name."

"Excuse me?"

"Oh didn't you know? Your name, 'Denzil' originates from Nigeria and means 'fertility'."

"No I didn't know that, you learn something new every day I guess."

"Yes - it's wonderful that your parents chose a name of direct African origin and not an African American name. Not that there's anything wrong with African American names. I think it's great that many African Americans have chosen to move away from names more associated with European Americans and created a naming culture all of their own. Some of the names are very inventive too! Like Shaquille O'Neal's parents choosing a forename that rhymes with his surname - even if it is Irish. But I guess they're also an oppressed people"

"I guess so."

"So - I'm really thrilled with President Biden's initiatives for getting more African-Americans using the internet - you know how to use the internet, right?"

"Yes, I used it only this morning."

"That's great. Did you get enrolled in one of the President's schemes?"

"No, I already knew how to use it - most black people do I think"

"Wonderful - what's your opinion on William J. Wilson and Robert Aponte’s 1985 survey of urban poverty and especially its impact on African Americans?"

"I don't think I've read it."

"You should, it's a very interesting read... I was only saying to one of my African American friends last week..."

"Would you excuse me? I see someone over there that I must catch before they leave."

"Oh of course, is it that African American man over there?"

"No it's not, good evening."
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Rockape » Sun May 09, 2021 9:22 am

Harry Rednapp in today’s Telegraph.
( I liked his comment about today’s football towards the end)

I grew up in a completely different world. It was the East End of London, just after the war, and the place was full of amazing people who had shown incredible courage. Those who’d fought had seen 17-year-olds mown down like it was a fairground stall. Those who were in London had spent their nights running to air-raid shelters, not knowing whether their house would last the night.

Everyone was friendly. You left your doors open and nobody would rob you. You’d feel comfortable walking around late at night. My younger self would notice the difference between then and now.

Look at pictures of football crowds back then and you’ll see that everybody used to have a shirt and tie on. It was unbelievable. Even if you didn’t have much money, you’d get a suit made to measure, and you’d wear it to the football.

I was an Arsenal fan, believe it or not. My dad took me to every home game from the age of five onwards, and we used to go two hours early so I could stand on a raised manhole cover by the corner flag and get a good view. I was Arsenal-barmy – I remember watching an FA Cup replay at Sheffield United in fog that was so thick you couldn’t see.

When I left school, I could have played for Arsenal, but in those days they didn’t have a good reputation for bringing young players into the team. I chose West Ham, and many years later was made Tottenham manager. I don’t know whether it would have disappointed my younger, Arsenal-supporting self to end up managing their rivals, but I’ve found that wherever you go in football, as a player or manager, your heart goes with you. It’s strange: the memories are still there, but your feelings move on.

My dad had put my name down to be a docker just like him and my granddads, so I was very lucky to be involved in football. My younger self would be proud of winning the FA Cup with Portsmouth in 2008, and it was really special at West Ham to bring through future England players like Rio Ferdinand, Joe Cole, Glen Johnson, Michael Carrick and Frank Lampard (Redknapp’s nephew). I remember Rio as a kid, asking: “What boots does Paolo Di Canio wear?” and “What do the players eat before a game?” He became such a big star. It was a great time.

I was Arsenal-barmy – I remember watching an FA Cup in fog that was so thick you couldn’t see
We had a brilliant team at Tottenham, too. We played some great football and really ripped some teams up with Luka Modric, Gareth Bale and Rafael van der Vaart. But I’m proudest of what I did with Bournemouth, where we got promoted to the second tier for the first time in the club’s 100-year history. That was the most amazing day for me, and now that Bournemouth’s my local team again I take my grandkids every week, lockdown permitting.

I was desperate to get the England job in 2012. I would have loved the opportunity to have managed that group of players, some of whom I’d brought through at West Ham, but I don’t look back and have regrets about it. I’d been cleared of that stupid tax case [Redknapp was found not guilty of cheating the public revenue in February that year], but there was a massive buyout clause in my Tottenham contract. When I signed the contract I didn’t look at that side of it, and I think it would have cost the FA £16 million to have taken me, which was a fortune.

Born Gooner: Redknapp was an Arsenal fan as a child, above, and went to every home game from the age of five onwards
Born Gooner: Redknapp was an Arsenal fan as a child, above, and went to every home game from the age of five onwards
I didn’t get the job, and then I lost my job at Tottenham. I’d gone from almost having two jobs to having neither! Since then, I’ve had several more jobs in football, but I’m now retired. I’ve got racehorses and I love getting up early to go to the stables and have a coffee with the trainer. I play golf every day and I’m going to have lessons.

I still watch a lot of football, but for me it’s not a better game than it was. So much of it is so boring and so negative. Even lower-league teams will try and play it out from the back now, and they just get stuck in their own half and can’t get a shot at goal. Some nights I’ll start watching and find myself reading the paper instead.

Through my whole career, my wife, Sandra, has been with me through thick and thin. We’ve been married for 53 years, which is normal when I was growing up, but more unusual now. We’ve had an incredible time. She’s been amazing and we just get on fantastic.

I’ve had a dream life, really. Football, Sandra, nice family. Couldn’t have asked for any more.
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

PreviousNext

Return to The Harambee