Dani Ceballos

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Re: Dani Ceballos (8)

Postby KG3 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:08 pm

Power n Glory wrote:
thebigbangtheo wrote:
Rockape wrote:Every pig finds a truffle!

Damn, that's harsh.

Harsh but probably because KG3 has called that a 'world class assist' and has shown some serious double standards recently. Never has a good word to say about Leno, Auba or Pepe even after good games and contributions (see latest on Pepe). A rare good Ceballos moment after a string of bad performances and he's world class again after an assist against a team bottom of the league?

Funny because last time I commented in the Auba thread, I was actually defending him after a bad game against Liverpool and you were in agreement

Power n Glory wrote:
KG3 wrote:It’s actually quite simple really when we used to play 3ATB, AMN did all the defending with KT there as LCB for extra protection so Auba never had to do anything defensively really those two had the left side on lock, now when it comes to 4ATB Auba is essentially playing as an extra left back most games, it’s too much work for him and not suited to his game.

Precisely.

I have said good things about all of them at some point just search through my posts, it may not be all the time, theirs a time for praise and theirs a time for criticism
KG3
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:17 pm

He's had a handful of good performances in the nearly 2 years he's been here. I expected more considering that his only competition at CM this season was Elneny.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Power n Glory » Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:29 am

KG3 wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
thebigbangtheo wrote:

Damn, that's harsh.

Harsh but probably because KG3 has called that a 'world class assist' and has shown some serious double standards recently. Never has a good word to say about Leno, Auba or Pepe even after good games and contributions (see latest on Pepe). A rare good Ceballos moment after a string of bad performances and he's world class again after an assist against a team bottom of the league?

Funny because last time I commented in the Auba thread, I was actually defending him after a bad game against Liverpool and you were in agreement

Power n Glory wrote:
KG3 wrote:It’s actually quite simple really when we used to play 3ATB, AMN did all the defending with KT there as LCB for extra protection so Auba never had to do anything defensively really those two had the left side on lock, now when it comes to 4ATB Auba is essentially playing as an extra left back most games, it’s too much work for him and not suited to his game.

Precisely.

I have said good things about all of them at some point just search through my posts, it may not be all the time, theirs a time for praise and theirs a time for criticism

You're last comment about Auba was him being on Adebayor's level. You've also gone on to say he should be sold and some trolly remarks about Lacazette being our best striker.

I agree with you on why Auba on the left used to work under Arteta, which is a tactical observation, but not on what you've said about the player in recent weeks.

The Leno and Pepe thread is another story.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby KG3 » Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:30 am

Power n Glory wrote:
KG3 wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
thebigbangtheo wrote:

Damn, that's harsh.

Power n Glory wrote:

Precisely.

You're last comment about Auba was him being on Adebayor's level. You've also gone on to say he should be sold and some trolly remarks about Lacazette being our best striker.

I agree with you on why Auba on the left used to work under Arteta, which is a tactical observation, but not on what you've said about the player in recent weeks.

Nothing wrong with that Adebayor was a good striker, who I rated, if I called him Bendtner level yeah sure you’d have a point but Adebayor wasn’t a bad a player

Lacazette is our best striker on current form in my opinion, his game is more suited to the lone centre forward role, yes if given the choice, I would sell Auba him for two reasons, Aubameyang would raise more funds, we already have a replacement in Martinelli, so for squad balance and finances it makes more sense

Sorry if I’m not happy with the performances of our highest paid player this season, I’m allowed to criticise, you’re making it seem like I’ve said he’s crap, they’re posters who actually have yet I don’t see you bothering them with this nonsense :lol:
KG3
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby jayramfootball » Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:35 am

Adebayor had one great season for us - in which he reached a level higher than Auba has for us in any of his seasons - but Auba has been more consistent over a 3 year period.

As for Ceballos - he's not been anywhere near good enough, but part of that is the inexplicable decision to use him as a defensive midfielder for the majority of his time here.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Power n Glory » Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:53 am

KG3 wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
KG3 wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
thebigbangtheo wrote:

Damn, that's harsh.

Power n Glory wrote:

Precisely.

Nothing wrong with that Adebayor was a good striker, who I rated, if I called him Bendtner level yeah sure you’d have a point but Adebayor wasn’t a bad a player

Lacazette is our best striker on current form in my opinion, his game is more suited to the lone centre forward role, yes if given the choice, I would sell Auba him for two reasons, Aubameyang would raise more funds, we already have a replacement in Martinelli, so for squad balance and finances it makes more sense

Sorry if I’m not happy with the performances of our highest paid player this season, I’m allowed to criticise, you’re making it seem like I’ve said he’s crap, they’re posters who actually have yet I don’t see you bothering them with this nonsense :lol:

That's fair play if genuine on Auba. But as said on Ade, he was a player that scored 30 goals once in his career. Hold up play was his strong point. Different player to Auba and not as good but fair enough.

I've gone back and forth with certain posters who will remain nameless. Zero point in continuing the conversation with them because the aim is to troll. I wouldn't have put you in that category. The observation about 3atb was spot on and I can respect that at least.

As said, Leno and Pepe is a different story where the criticism is OTT even when unwarranted.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby starmandb » Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:00 pm

Özim wrote:Can’t wait to send this guy back, he’s been average since the day he arrived and one decent performance against a team who have 14 points and are bottom of the league doesn’t change that.

He was very good at West Brom and at home to west ham
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby theHotHead » Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:12 am

At this point I don't know what to make of Ceballos, when all hope is lost for him he puts in a performance that shows you he has ability, he is far far too inconsistent for my liking.

Tell you what though, if we are gonna see him play well I know for a fact it won't be alongside Xhaka, needs to play more alongside Partey
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby jayramfootball » Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:10 am

theHotHead wrote:At this point I don't know what to make of Ceballos, when all hope is lost for him he puts in a performance that shows you he has ability, he is far far too inconsistent for my liking.

Tell you what though, if we are gonna see him play well I know for a fact it won't be alongside Xhaka, needs to play more alongside Partey

Looking at his 2 yrs on loan with us, there is no way he deserves a contract, but you can bet Real Madrid will be eager to sell to us.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby KG3 » Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:52 pm

Ceballos will be a quality he’s just playing under a manager that doesn’t know how to use him, how can you ask an attacking player to play CDM and expect them to work out.

Just you watch one day you’ll all be saying how come we didn’t sign that guy when he was cheap
KG3
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:13 pm

KG3 wrote:Ceballos will be a quality he’s just playing under a manager that doesn’t know how to use him, how can you ask an attacking player to play CDM and expect them to work out.

Just you watch one day you’ll all be saying how come we didn’t sign that guy when he was cheap

He isn't even cheap now. £30m for what he offers is a piss take.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:34 pm

He does help us out because he's capable of playing deep or box to box but for what Real will want for him I don't think so.

He's too easily replaceable and Madrid always want big dollars so ............

We've had him for what 2-3 seasons now so that's almost a full contract anyway.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Rockape » Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:32 am

DiamondGooner wrote:He does help us out because he's capable of playing deep or box to box but for what Real will want for him I don't think so.

He's too easily replaceable and Madrid always want big dollars so ............

We've had him for what 2-3 seasons now so that's almost a full contract anyway.

Agreed. Put me on that pitch for long enough and I'd find a defence splitting pass too! I like his work rate and effort, but he's just not good enough.
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby thebigbangtheo » Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:43 am

Hmmm, a bit of a pattern seems to be immerging here, as it was also towards the run-up to the end of last season culminating in the cup win, that Ceballos produced his most consistent and effective run of form, to the point of there being no hoardes of dissenting voices heard to challenge the notion of acquiring him for another season on loan, and if anything, quite the opposite.
thebigbangtheo
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Zenith » Tue Apr 27, 2021 11:31 pm

Says what I think many of us have felt for some time now -

Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

PreviousNext

Return to World Football