Willian

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Re: Willian Borges da Silva (12)

Postby ESR10 » Tue Mar 02, 2021 11:14 am

KG3 wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:He'll keep on getting opportunities to play. Arteta wanted him so he'll keep trying to make it work. This is an example of a coach fully backing a player and showing support. I'd respect it more if players like AMN, Saliba and Martinelli had this sort of backing. It's important for young players to have that reassurance. I feel a way about a former Chelsea player walking in, taking on a massive salary and playing crap for months but still getting the benefit of the doubt.
ESR10
Predictions League 2018-19 Winner
Predictions League 2018-19 Winner

Postby Zenith » Tue Mar 02, 2021 3:43 pm

ESR10 wrote:
KG3 wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:He'll keep on getting opportunities to play. Arteta wanted him so he'll keep trying to make it work. This is an example of a coach fully backing a player and showing support. I'd respect it more if players like AMN, Saliba and Martinelli had this sort of backing. It's important for young players to have that reassurance. I feel a way about a former Chelsea player walking in, taking on a massive salary and playing crap for months but still getting the benefit of the doubt.
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby theHotHead » Tue Mar 02, 2021 3:55 pm

Zenith wrote:
ESR10 wrote:
KG3 wrote:
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Santi » Wed Mar 03, 2021 3:18 pm

theHotHead wrote:
Zenith wrote:
ESR10 wrote:
KG3 wrote:
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:31 am

Santi wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
Zenith wrote:
ESR10 wrote:
KG3 wrote:

Absolutely.

Arteta has had to beg Willian to show up, as you say its because Edu and Arteta signed him, they're are tryng to prove they didn't make a mistake.

Despite Willians two decent games he has a long way to go with me, two games doesn't make up for a whole season of him acting like he can't stand playing for AFC and legit stealing a living.

People are hyping he's had two games and two assists, which would be great statistics if .................. you don't look at the whole picture which is 2 assists for an entire season.

When you look at the whole picture its still not pretty, in fact its down right awful, however I'm willing to see how he kicks on but again, I want to keep seeing assists or goals, if he dries up then its back to hating on him I go.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby starmandb » Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:26 am

Willian has 5 assists for the season
2 at fulham
1 v wolves h
1 v Benfica
1 at leicester
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby Santi » Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:35 pm

got 2 against Leicester didnt he
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby VCC » Sat Mar 06, 2021 7:43 pm

5th assist for the season. Going on stats he should be given a wage rise, extension and a leave of absence he is that good
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Fran Solo » Mon Mar 08, 2021 6:16 pm

What a crazy season this is. That 5 assists is the same as Firmino, Ward-Prowse, Raphinha, Maddison, Sterling etc.
Willian is actually in the Top 10 for assist.
Crazy.
Fran Solo
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Power n Glory » Mon Mar 08, 2021 6:28 pm

Covid year. We can't underestimate the effect it's had on the players.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Mon Mar 08, 2021 7:27 pm

Except for a brilliant cross field ball to Auba on his debut, most of these assists are him placing a short pass to the goalscorer.

I'm not complaining of course, as something is better than nothing. But Wilian would have been far more valuable to us as a goalscorer. Who knows, maybe with his form changing that will come out a bit more.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Santi » Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:58 pm

Fran Solo wrote:What a crazy season this is. That 5 assists is the same as Firmino, Ward-Prowse, Raphinha, Maddison, Sterling etc.
Willian is actually in the Top 10 for assist.
Crazy.

None of those players are exactly elite though. Firmino probably the closest but he suffers from the same role as lacazette.

Anyway no stat can make willian look good, he’s been utterly atrocious since joining and should be in the u23’s.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby swipe right » Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:16 am

Criminal that Arteta didn’t give Martinelli or Nelson the chances and patience he’s given Willian.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Salibatelli » Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:24 am

Willian is probably a world beater in training, when everyone is moving around at walking pace and having a jolly.

Seems to be what counts.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby Jedi » Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:54 pm

No comment. :hiding:
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

PreviousNext

Return to World Football