Gabriel Martinelli (11)

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Gabriel Martinelli (35)

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:32 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
Angelito wrote:

Translation:

"He doesn't worship me and has his own mind, so I am going to sh*t on him and treat him just like I did with Guendouzi, Saliba and Ozil, whilst paying lip service to the media... oh, by the way, did I tell you how brilliant my signing Willian is".

Yeah Arteta's willingness to stick by players like Willian who've been sht for months and even crying to the media about how much he misses Chelsea yet one of our 3 best young players, the future of the team is getting shafted.

Balogun, Martinelli, Guendouzi, Saliba ...........

How many more of our young talent is he going to shaft.

I actually can understand all of them bar Martinelli, the kids a good lad, he's never b*tched once in the media and looks like he could be the next RVP style talent, I don't know what Arteta's game is here?
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:36 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Angelito wrote:

Translation:

"He doesn't worship me and has his own mind, so I am going to sh*t on him and treat him just like I did with Guendouzi, Saliba and Ozil, whilst paying lip service to the media... oh, by the way, did I tell you how brilliant my signing Willian is".

Yeah Arteta's willingness to stick by players like Willian who've been sht for months and even crying to the media about how much he misses Chelsea yet one of our 3 best young players, the future of the team is getting shafted.

I actually can understand all of them bar Martinelli, the kids a good lad, he's never b*tched once in the media and looks like he could be the next RVP style talent, I don't know what Arteta's game is here?

When he spouts crap like ' we have to find the right games for him' it makes me wanna puke. He's managed to find game time for players with half the talent and didn't even bring the lad on when we were 3-1 up with 7 minutes left. I don't know who he thinks he's kidding.

Even before Martinelli's injury he just all of a sudden disappeared from game day - Arteta took a disliking to him for some reason from day 1.

There is only one viable reason - i.e not Arteta being a t**t - that I can think of. Martinelli acts out as if he has been badly injured after every tackle it seems. Perhaps Arteta doesn't think he has the physical capability to be a footballer - which I have to admit, I have thought at times when I've seen him look like he's just been on the end of a career-ending injury and then get up and be A-OK 2 minutes later. Needs to cut that sh*t out whether he stays here or goes to another team.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby swipe right » Tue Mar 02, 2021 3:38 am

Saliba
Guendozi
Martinelli
Nelson

He’s anti kids.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby swipe right » Tue Mar 02, 2021 4:04 am

Angelito wrote:

Were I his agent I’d start dialing other clubs.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby billie86 » Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:05 am

jayramfootball wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Angelito wrote:

Translation:

When he spouts crap like ' we have to find the right games for him' it makes me wanna puke. He's managed to find game time for players with half the talent and didn't even bring the lad on when we were 3-1 up with 7 minutes left. I don't know who he thinks he's kidding.

Even before Martinelli's injury he just all of a sudden disappeared from game day - Arteta took a disliking to him for some reason from day 1.

There is only one viable reason - i.e not Arteta being a t**t - that I can think of. Martinelli acts out as if he has been badly injured after every tackle it seems. Perhaps Arteta doesn't think he has the physical capability to be a footballer - which I have to admit, I have thought at times when I've seen him look like he's just been on the end of a career-ending injury and then get up and be A-OK 2 minutes later. Needs to cut that sh*t out whether he stays here or goes to another team.

If this was the case then why sign him up to a long term contract on 90k a week? He's obviously rated by arteta to get the contract as he's been pretty ruthless Getty some of the dead weight off the books, he's also not even been considered for a loan move and is always in the match day squad. Given all that it does seem strange that he isn't getting more minutes, let's also not forget he stated against man utd as well a few weeks back which was obviously a big game .
billie86
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby starmandb » Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:25 am

swipe right wrote:Saliba
Guendozi
Martinelli
Nelson

He’s anti kids.

Gabriel
Saka
Smith - Rowe
Odegaard
Tierney
Martinelli
All figured in the last 6 games
Posted youth stats several times
Still comes up
Arsenal are and always have been a progressive club for giving youth a chance
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby Rockape » Tue Mar 02, 2021 11:22 am

billie86 wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Angelito wrote:

Translation:

If this was the case then why sign him up to a long term contract on 90k a week? He's obviously rated by arteta to get the contract as he's been pretty ruthless Getty some of the dead weight off the books, he's also not even been considered for a loan move and is always in the match day squad. Given all that it does seem strange that he isn't getting more minutes, let's also not forget he stated against man utd as well a few weeks back which was obviously a big game .

Yep...I agree with that. If jumping to conclusions was an Olympic sport, Jayram would have a few medals by now! ;)
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby theHotHead » Tue Mar 02, 2021 3:33 pm

Its all well and good saying people are jumping to conclusions, but when something doesn't make any sense whatsoever there must be something unusual going on. If he is not fit why put him in the match day squad ? If the game doesn't suit him why pick him ? If he needs minutes why not bring him on in a game that is out of sight ? You want to integrate him but you don't play him.

Its called paying lip service, saying one thing but doing something entirely different. If here wasn't "previous" with Martinelli, him getting dropped by Arteta last season after having a good but short spell in the team (2 goals in 4 games), he got dropped to the bench vs Newcastle, missed the next game with a knock then sat out the next 3 games on the bench, including a 2-1 loss away to Brighton where we were chasing the game with 15 mins left Arteta brought on Nketiah for Laca, Nelson for Pepe, Willock for Ceballos and Tierney for Saka !!!

He had a long spell out injured this season, since the 19th December when we were hovering around 15th place we have had 13 league games, Gabby has played in 5 of them (3 wins, 1 draw, 1 loss) and was injured for 1 game. He has been benched for the remaining 7 games, of which we won 4 and lost 3. I can see no valid reason why Gabby has not been given more game time.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby jayramfootball » Tue Mar 02, 2021 4:14 pm

starmandb wrote:
Guendozi
Martinelli
Nelson

He’s anti kids.

Gabriel
Saka
Smith - Rowe
Odegaard
Tierney
Martinelli
Still comes up

I agree, which makes it more confusing as to why Arteta has targeted and exiled Martinelli from playing.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Phil71 » Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:15 pm

This nonsense about Arteta 'targeting' players has to stop.

Seriously.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Salibatelli » Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:44 pm

Is it nonsense?

Saliba sent out before he was even played, now we’re allegedly looking at new centre backs, despite having him and Mavropanos who have both been great this season.

Nelson, who struggles to get a game.

AMN who he kept and then wouldn’t play.

Guendouzi who he wrote off after own incident.

Martinelli who although he has played a bit has been sidelined many times when he should have played.

Balogun who couldn’t get a game despite Nketiah getting lots of game time.

He seems to take a dislike to some players and a like for others (Xhaka, Bellerin, Willian).

There’s too many for it to be cooincidence, this is another reason I want this guy out (on top of the fact he’s a rubbish manager, as if that’s not enough), can’t stand that kind of management.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby Salibatelli » Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:49 pm

starmandb wrote:
Guendozi
Martinelli
Nelson

He’s anti kids.

Gabriel
Saka
Smith - Rowe
Odegaard
Tierney
Martinelli
Still comes up

I think someone has said this before, but the likes of Tierney and Gabriel don’t count as they were both bought as 1st teamers who established themselves elsewhere, it’s really stretching it to call them young players Arteta gives a chance to, they’re not in a real sense youth players. This is like us signing Sancho or Harland and referring to them as youths we give a chance to.

I’ll give you Saka and ESR (though he wouldn’t play him for months until he was forced to and ESR then excelled). Martinelli isn’t getting a fair amount of game time, he should have featured more than he has.

Odergaard is a loan signing, no point signing one and then not playing him, he brought him in for a reason.

For me a youth is a player who has come through the system or has been at the club for a while or have come in with no kind of record at a previous club, so ESR and Saka fit that along with the likes of Nelson, Nketiah, Balogun and Martinelli.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby Phil71 » Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:13 pm

Arteta's job depends on winning matches.

He will play any player who he thinks can help him do that.

It is utter nonsense to suggest he would maliciously target players for some unknown reason, and deliberately exclude them - thus cutting his nose off to spite his face.

It makes no sense and is just made up nonsense by people who have an anti-Arteta agenda.

You all need to look up David Icke. He has some far out shit as well.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby starmandb » Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:20 pm

Özim wrote:
starmandb wrote:
Guendozi
Martinelli
Nelson

He’s anti kids.

Gabriel
Saka
Smith - Rowe
Odegaard
Tierney
Martinelli
Still comes up

I think someone has said this before, but the likes of Tierney and Gabriel don’t count as they were both bought as 1st teamers who established themselves elsewhere, it’s really stretching it to call them young players Arteta gives a chance to, they’re not in a real sense youth players. This is like us signing Sancho or Harland and referring to them as youths we give a chance to.

I’ll give you Saka and ESR (though he wouldn’t play him for months until he was forced to and ESR then excelled). Martinelli isn’t getting a fair amount of game time, he should have featured more than he has.

Odergaard is a loan signing, no point signing one and then not playing him, he brought him in for a reason.

For me a youth is a player who has come through the system or has been at the club for a while or have come in with no kind of record at a previous club, so ESR and Saka fit that along with the likes of Nelson, Nketiah, Balogun and Martinelli.

They are 23 and under
If 23 isn’t young why do they have an under 23 league
starmandb

Postby theHotHead » Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:51 pm

Its not young in terms of being a pro Starnandb, considering most would start integrating into the first team squad aged 18, exceptional players even younger. 23 is old and certainly not what I would class as young in football terms.

I think our notion of a young player is a player that has come through the academy and starts playing U23 footie, so around 17-20 year olds.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk