Héctor Bellerín

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Re: Héctor Bellerín (2)

Postby Angelito » Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:16 pm

I don't care either way. He's our longest serving player, so I would be a bit sad if he left. But he's reached his ceiling here and it would be best for him to try an adventure elsewhere.

What I am worried about is another summer of defensive signings. We will buy a CB, a GK, and, if Bella leaves, a RB.

An attack-minded CM and CAM are two pivotal positions we need to address. We have been crying out for a CM since Cazorla's injury.

I doubt we will sign 5 players in the summer, especially looking at Arteta's penchant for buying defensive players or players in defensive positions.

I don't care who we bring in as long as we sign a CM and a CAM.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby ag6789 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:38 pm

He has his moments. Would only let him leave if we find another Tierney to replace him.
ag6789
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Power n Glory » Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:06 pm

aniym wrote:Get that money.

Bring AMN back and sit him at RB/LB.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby jayramfootball » Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:32 pm

Bellerins strength is going forward and given that I think Saka's best position in on the right side, Bellerin + Saka could be a dangerous proposition for any opponent to deal with.
The problem is that Bellerin is not good at all as a defender - he's late to recognise danger and is all too regularly out of position. He's never improved this so I can't really believe he ever will.
Hence, selling and getting a good fee off the back of his attacking game is a good move IMO.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Callum » Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:20 am

Angelito wrote:I don't care either way. He's our longest serving player, so I would be a bit sad if he left. But he's reached his ceiling here and it would be best for him to try an adventure elsewhere.

What I am worried about is another summer of defensive signings. We will buy a CB, a GK, and, if Bella leaves, a RB.

An attack-minded CM and CAM are two pivotal positions we need to address. We have been crying out for a CM since Cazorla's injury.

I doubt we will sign 5 players in the summer, especially looking at Arteta's penchant for buying defensive players or players in defensive positions.

I'd rather we go and buy a quality right-back and a back-up left-back if Bellerin goes, ahead of a new centre-back. I feel like Gabriel, Holding, and Mari will all be here next season, and hope that Saliba will be given a chance rather than any new signing.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:27 am

Sell him!!

He's part of that problem mentality, he's soft as hell, thinks he's a star when he performs like mid tier.

We need to get rid of all the players who've been here too long and are too scarred by all the crap that's gone on, we need enthusiam, new blood, fresh start.

Cedric is ready, he's eager and wants to impress, Bellerin is in cruise control too much, a little too comfortable.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby swipe right » Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:38 am

DiamondGooner wrote:Sell him!!

He's part of that problem mentality, he's soft as hell, thinks he's a star when he performs like mid tier.

We need to get rid of all the players who've been here too long and are too scarred by all the crap that's gone on, we need enthusiam, new blood, fresh start.

Cedric is ready, he's eager and wants to impress, Bellerin is in cruise control too much, a little too comfortable.

Cedric is a 30 year old journeyman.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby KG3 » Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:26 am

Angelito wrote:I don't care either way. He's our longest serving player, so I would be a bit sad if he left. But he's reached his ceiling here and it would be best for him to try an adventure elsewhere.

Why do we need a centre back though?

Mustafi and Sokratis are gone and assuming Luiz doesn’t stay we still have Holding, Gabriel, Mari, Chambers, Mavropanos, Saliba plenty of numbers two of them unproven, we can’t loan them out forever at some point they need to learn here.

Our centre backs aren’t exactly up there with van Dijk but they’re not exactly terrible either, in comparison to the likes of Senderos, Squillaci, Silvestre who we had to put up with as regulars in the past.

If Arteta isn’t an idiot centre back is the last position he needs to touch on our limited budget.
KG3
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby KG3 » Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:35 am

DiamondGooner wrote:Sell him!!

"Alexis is an amazing player, for me one of the best players in the Premier League for sure. But he's a player who always wants to win. He demands from everyone, and sometimes it can be quite too much," Bellerin explained, via ​ESPN.

I’ll never forget this quote from Bellerin, even worse when you realise he’s our VC, can you imagine someone like Gilberto or Kolo saying this about Henry back in the day.

What type of leader is that, it’s like the assistant manger at work who’s chilled out, so when the GM is off work everyone knows they’re in for an easy day. I imagine the players get the same feeling when Bellerin is leading them them out, not that Auba is anything special as a leader either but at least he doesn’t come out with quotes like that.
KG3
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby theHotHead » Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:07 pm

jayramfootball wrote:Bellerins strength is going forward and given that I think Saka's best position in on the right side, Bellerin + Saka could be a dangerous proposition for any opponent to deal with.
The problem is that Bellerin is not good at all as a defender - he's late to recognise danger and is all too regularly out of position. He's never improved this so I can't really believe he ever will.
Hence, selling and getting a good fee off the back of his attacking game is a good move IMO.

That bolded part made me chuckle, cos if thats his strength then fooking hell, we are more screwed than I thought !

But upon further checking, I see in his senior career at Arsenal, in 231 appearances, he has got 9 goals and 29 assists, that looks to be pretty damn good for a full back. Compare him to an attacking wing back like Andrew Johnson who has 161 Liverpool appearances, 5 goals and 35 assists.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Ach » Sat Feb 27, 2021 12:56 pm

Hector Bellerin could leave Arsenal this summer due to an agreement with Mikel Arteta, reports ESPN.

Bellerin was wanted by Barcelona and PSG last year but Arteta asked him to stay for one more year.

Arteta supposedly said Arsenal would listen to offers this summer if he stayed for the 2020-21 season.

Has had a good season but let him go if he wants. Bring lamptey home
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Sat Feb 27, 2021 1:10 pm

Pleaseeeee go
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Angelito » Sat Feb 27, 2021 4:11 pm

Callum wrote:

I'd rather we go and buy a quality right-back and a back-up left-back if Bellerin goes, ahead of a new centre-back. I feel like Gabriel, Holding, and Mari will all be here next season, and hope that Saliba will be given a chance rather than any new signing.

We don't need a CB. But it has been rumored that Arteta wants another RCB.

If we sell Bellerin, we have to replace him. That's my only worry. We can't have another summer where we primarily buy defensive players.

We should rather be focusing on a CM and a CAM.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Santi » Sat Feb 27, 2021 4:17 pm

Either way Hector is trash so anything above 25m would be incredible work.

Might get into some HG issues if we let him and AMN both go though.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Zenith » Sat Feb 27, 2021 4:32 pm

If Bellerín himself feels he needs a new challenge I wouldn't be against a sale. Having said that, bringing in an upgrade may prove tougher than expected.

In terms of established elite talent, right-back is currently the problem position in professional football. It's slim pickings and exactly why a player of Bellerín's pedigree is linked with clubs like Barcelona and PSG.
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

PreviousNext

Return to World Football