Gabriel Martinelli (11)

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Gabriel Martinelli (35)

Postby swipe right » Sat Feb 13, 2021 6:03 am

jayramfootball wrote:
swipe right wrote:I think we overrate Martinelli. He’s got 3 goals in 19 premier league games over 865 minutes. Yes he’s a talent but I don’t think Pep and Klopp are eyeing him enviously.
https://www.transfermarkt.com/gabriel-m ... saison=ges

That is from the age of 18-19. 3 goals in 865 minutes is not bad at all at that age - in fact, it's good.
It equates to a run rate of 12-13 goals in a PL season - at 18-19 yrs of age.

He's also scored 10 in 1800 first-team minutes.

Probably the most talented youngsters in world football right now - he won't be our player for long.

Help me out here. I’m not saying he isn’t talent. But the most talented youngster in world football? He’s way behind Saka and Foden who are 19 and 20 respectively. And not even in the same conversation as Sancho and Haaland who are also just 20. He’s probably not even in the top ten best under 21 by results.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby jayramfootball » Sat Feb 13, 2021 1:12 pm

swipe right wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
swipe right wrote:I think we overrate Martinelli. He’s got 3 goals in 19 premier league games over 865 minutes. Yes he’s a talent but I don’t think Pep and Klopp are eyeing him enviously.

That is from the age of 18-19. 3 goals in 865 minutes is not bad at all at that age - in fact, it's good.

Probably the most talented youngsters in world football right now - he won't be our player for long.

Help me out here. I’m not saying he isn’t talent. But the most talented youngster in world football? He’s way behind Saka and Foden who are 19 and 20 respectively. And not even in the same conversation as Sancho and Haaland who are also just 20. He’s probably not even in the top ten best under 21 by results.

He has more talent than Saka IMO. This year Martinelli has come back from injury, before which he'd already been ousted by Arteta - and since he's been back he's been dumped again by Arteta. If you look at right now then Saka is doing better than Martinelli - of course (by a mile) - but he is not at the same level talent wise.

Martinelli needs games - and also to prove he has the physical attributes to play in this league over a long time. That is my one criticism of him, he seems to over react to knocks (they seem to get to him and affect his motivation).

In terms of games, he isn't going to get them under Arteta, so probably needs to move on.
In terms of the league he plays in, I can see him headed to Spain in the summer.
Kid needs to play.
We'll likely look back in a few years and shake our heads at Arteta's decision making - even more so than we do now when he persists with Willian over Martinelli.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby swipe right » Sat Feb 13, 2021 1:36 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
swipe right wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

He has more talent than Saka IMO. This year Martinelli has come back from injury, before which he'd already been ousted by Arteta - and since he's been back he's been dumped again by Arteta. If you look at right now then Saka is doing better than Martinelli - of course (by a mile) - but he is not at the same level talent wise.

Martinelli needs games - and also to prove he has the physical attributes to play in this league over a long time. That is my one criticism of him, he seems to over react to knocks (they seem to get to him and affect his motivation).

In terms of games, he isn't going to get them under Arteta, so probably needs to move on.
In terms of the league he plays in, I can see him headed to Spain in the summer.
Kid needs to play.
We'll likely look back in a few years and shake our heads at Arteta's decision making - even more so than we do now when he persists with Willian over Martinelli.

If Martinelli wasn’t already an Arsenal player, how much would you be willing to pay for him?
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Zenith » Sat Feb 13, 2021 4:43 pm

It's Martinelli's first interview in English. Here's a preview -

Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby Santi » Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:05 pm

GOATinelli

hope he starts tomorrow in place of that 350k pw donkey
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:53 pm

swipe right wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
swipe right wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

Kid needs to play.

If Martinelli wasn’t already an Arsenal player, how much would you be willing to pay for him?

Tough question fo me to answer, given I think footballers wages should be capped to no more than 5k per week plus performance bonuses and transfer fees should be capped at 1m.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Zenith » Sun Feb 14, 2021 6:50 pm

Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby jayramfootball » Mon Feb 15, 2021 12:18 am

Another week of Arteta freezing out Martinelli.
Not sure why he'd want to stay.
At least he's on a decent contract length so we'll get some money for him - I think that might be the plan... selling the valuable assets. Leave them out and piss them off so they'll go willingly.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby swipe right » Mon Feb 15, 2021 12:44 am

jayramfootball wrote:Another week of Arteta freezing out Martinelli.
At least he's on a decent contract length so we'll get some money for him - I think that might be the plan... selling the valuable assets. Leave them out and piss them off so they'll go willingly.

As Wenger would say, Willian is killing Martinelli’s career.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Zenith » Mon Feb 15, 2021 12:45 am

swipe right wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:Another week of Arteta freezing out Martinelli.

As Wenger would say, Willian is killing Martinelli’s career.

Doubt Wenger would see it that way.

Willian doesn't pick Willian.
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Feb 15, 2021 2:34 am

Maybe and I'm hoping this is all just precaution for injuries.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Arsenal Tone » Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:34 am

Saving him for the europa league. If he doesn't start on thursday then i'm worried.
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Angelito » Mon Feb 15, 2021 7:34 am

Tony Adams wrote:Saving him for the europa league. If he doesn't start on thursday then i'm worried.

What I'm worried is about is Arteta's obvious favoritism. And, he seems blind to it.

Within Arsenal, it won't hurt him as much because we're reaching a point where it really doesn't matter whether we finish 14th or 4th. But I feel he will frustrate core fans big time for years to come with his man-management.

About Martinelli, I really hope his agent spins some wheels in the summer. I don't want him to suffer because of the bruised ego of a man who is still desperate to prove that his first major signing is a hit.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Arsenal Tone » Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:03 am

Angelito wrote:
Tony Adams wrote:Saving him for the europa league. If he doesn't start on thursday then i'm worried.

What I'm worried is about is Arteta's obvious favoritism. And, he seems blind to it.

Within Arsenal, it won't hurt him as much because we're reaching a point where it really doesn't matter whether we finish 14th or 4th. But I feel he will frustrate core fans big time for years to come with his man-management.

About Martinelli, I really hope his agent spins some wheels in the summer. I don't want him to suffer because of the bruised ego of a man who is still desperate to prove that his first major signing is a hit.
So you want us to lose one of the best young forwards in the game because you don't like Arteta? Ok mate :)
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby #ST » Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:49 am

I know us Gooners like to overrate our players alot.. But seriously, this guy is the real deal. He is an absolute WORLD class talent just like Saka is.

Cant wait to get rid of Arteta so we can hopefully appoint a manager that DOES appreciate real talent.

f***ing Willian playing instead of this guy is an absolute joke of a decision.
Wembley:
Community Shield @6-8-'23 = 1*-1 Manchester City

Emirates Stadium:
First game @10-9-'11 = 1 - 0 Swansea
Most memorable game @24-2-'22 = 2 - 1 Wolves
Last game @09-03-'24 = 2 - 1 Brentford
Next game @03-04-'24 = VS Luton [ Block 121 - Seat 847 ]
#ST
Predictions League 2019-20, 2021-22 Winner
Predictions League 2019-20, 2021-22 Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk