Mikel Arteta, First-Team Manager

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Mikel Arteta, First-Team Manager

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:14 pm

Mustafi wrote:With an ESR replacement I believe we could still have a chance at top 4.

Most top teams aren't consistent enough this season.

Considering how injury prone ESR can be im hoping Odegaard is a hit and can tie us over till summer.

Willian isn't the one at CAM.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Phil71 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:24 pm

Well done Mikel.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:34 pm

Good interview from Mikel, I didn't moan about his selection for the FA Cup simply because he has a squad, that's what he's got the alternative is to run your best players into the ground.

Again and I can't believe I've had to state this so much.........that is why we got Odegaard.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Nejch » Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:43 pm

Saka ESR saving the season for him.
We need another manager. He's not good enough.
His inexperience, favoritism of shit players and ostracizing good players will cost us massively.
Nejch
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby ag6789 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:44 pm

As I have said before, you got to play seniors for they are brought in for the grind.
Good if younger players step up, but the manager has little choice but to try the senior pros even if they're misfiring. Like Willian, Pepe or even Auba.
With enough chances hopefully the snr pros will come good like Auba showing signs of form and Pepe, slight flicker.
ag6789
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Alexis » Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:51 pm

KG3 wrote:
Mustafi wrote:With an ESR replacement I believe we could still have a chance at top 4.

Very optimistic considering certain teams above us have up to 3 games in hand

and they'll play those 3 games in a short span of time so they are more likely to lose points than normally. i think there's a good chance.
Alexis
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby ag6789 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:55 pm

Six wins, one draw and one loss since the dismal spell. Not too bad a recovery, must say. Back in the top half. Signs of progress??
ag6789
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby ESR10 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:56 pm

Alexis wrote:
KG3 wrote:

Very optimistic considering certain teams above us have up to 3 games in hand

and they'll play those 3 games in a short span of time so they are more likely to lose points than normally. i think there's a good chance.

Yep, it's a really crazy season. I can see us finishing 12th and also finishing 4th.
For the now being we are progressing well and I want to believe that we are capable of continuing to do so.
ESR10
Predictions League 2018-19 Winner

Postby CaptGooner » Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:59 pm

ag6789 wrote:Six wins, one draw and one loss since the dismal spell. Not too bad a recovery, must say. Back in the top half. Signs of progress??

Creating more chances as well which is promising. United will be a good test.
CaptGooner
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:01 pm

Nejch wrote:Saka ESR saving the season for him.
His inexperience, favoritism of shit players and ostracizing good players will cost us massively.

He was inexperienced before we hired him, good players save every manager and I think his favoritism I think in some cases is trying to save face for Edu, particularly with Willian, that was Edu's play and its a stinker.
Arteta is backed by Edu and so Arteta needs to keep that relationship sweet.

I'm not saying Arteta isn't without his faults but for the first time since he got here, he's playing the formation he wanted, has players doing well .......... so now is not the time to sack him.

After summer when he has his team fully the way he wants it, if he's still not doing well then def he needs to go, but now isn't the time.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby ESR10 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:02 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:

Considering how injury prone ESR can be im hoping Odegaard is a hit and can tie us over till summer.

Willian isn't the one at CAM.

Agreed. Very crucial that Odegaard delivers in ESRs absence
ESR10

Postby Nejch » Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:13 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:

He was inexperienced before we hired him, good players save every manager and I think his favoritism I think in some cases is trying to save face for Edu, particularly with Willian, that was Edu's play and its a stinker.

I'm not saying Arteta isn't without his faults but for the first time since he got here, he's playing the formation he wanted, has players doing well .......... so now is not the time to sack him.

After summer when he has his team fully the way he wants it, if he's still not doing well then def he needs to go, but now isn't the time.

I did not say he should be sacked now. I'm just saying he should be viewed as a temporary solution until we can bring in someone better.
Nejch
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:07 am

Nejch wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

I did not say he should be sacked now. I'm just saying he should be viewed as a temporary solution until we can bring in someone better.

Problem is no one better wants to come here.

We've had two rounds of manager interviews and recruitment and look at the candidates that showed up.
These idiots were considering Vieira and Henry ffs.

Allegri apparently told us to piss off, he asked what he'd get to rebuild the team, they obviously hit him with the "Self sustaining model" speech and he turned us down.

No top tier manager will come here because we won't supply the funds, yet we demand top 4 and they know its ridiculous.
Now even Mid tier managers are getting put off because of how we chewed up Emery and recently Arteta, Emery by the way has been top 4 in La Liga for almost this whole season.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Angelito » Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:46 am

:lol:
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby theHotHead » Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:00 am

ag6789 wrote:Six wins, one draw and one loss since the dismal spell. Not too bad a recovery, must say. Back in the top half. Signs of progress??

Definite signs of progress, I didn't watch the game but how can anyone argue with 6 wins a draw and a loss.

I still want him gone, but if he continues to deliver that opinion will change.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk