What TV Shows are you watching right now??

Re: What TV Shows are you watching right now??

Postby LMAO » Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:06 am

Phil71 wrote:
LMAO wrote:The Ripper

Never knew y'all had another notorious serial killer. Been a pretty interesting docuseries so far.

We've had several.

Look up:
Ian Brady & Myra Hindley
Fred & Rose West
Dennis Nilsen
Harold Shipman
Robert Black

That's all I can think of for now.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised, but it seems like medical serial killers are common in many countries. Makes sense though—access to drugs and/or vulnerable people. I already knew of Germany's Högel. Our most lethal known one is Donald Harvey who's been proven to have murdered 37 people; he died in prison, killed by an inmate.

The weirdest one was Nilsen. Wtf was up with the rituals with his victims' bodies? Weird.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby LMAO » Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:09 am

Rockape wrote:
LMAO wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
Ach wrote:Vikings

Episodes 11-20

Season 6

Last 10 ever to an epic series

Watching 12 now. 11 was awesome

I finished it all yesterday.

Out of all the characters that have come and gone in this series, none were as good as the original 4.

Ragnar, Floki, Lagertha, Rollo.

Is it a good conclusion to the series? I've got to get around to watching it.

The Expanse's newest season too. But I'm not going to start that until all the episodes have been released (February 3 is the last one I think). Learned my lesson with The Boys and waiting a week for each new episode lol

Is there a new season out now then?

The Expanse? Yeah, 6 of the 10 episodes have been released. New episode every Wednesday.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby LMAO » Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:10 am

Dejan wrote:alice in borderland

nice

Dope show.

Hype for season 2.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby Phil71 » Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:12 am

LMAO wrote:
Phil71 wrote:

Never knew y'all had another notorious serial killer. Been a pretty interesting docuseries so far.

We've had several.

Look up:
Ian Brady & Myra Hindley
Fred & Rose West
Dennis Nilsen
Harold Shipman
Robert Black

I guess I shouldn't be surprised, but it seems like medical serial killers are common in many countries. Makes sense though—access to drugs and/or vulnerable people. I already knew of Germany's Högel. Our most lethal known one is Donald Harvey who's been proven to have murdered 37 people; he died in prison, killed by an inmate.

The weirdest one was Nilsen. Wtf was up with the rituals with his victims' bodies? Weird.

I thought you had serial killers with more victims than that. What about Gary Ridgeway? I read Ann Rule's book on him. I think he had 70+ victims.

In regard to Nilsen and the rituals with the bodies - I read his official biography (Killing for Company) written by Brian Masters, who had full access to Nilsen while he was awaiting trial. There was an incident in Nilsen's childhood that Masters believed may have been behind his fascination with dead bodies. His father had left when he was a toddler, and he became extremely close to his grandfather. Aged six his grandfather died, and the family laid him out in a coffin in the lounge. They brought Nilsen to see him, but didn't tell him that he was dead. So the last time he saw his grandfather he was a dead body, and he formed some sort of association between love and death. That combined with his psychopathy and loneliness made him keep the bodies of his victims as long as possible - sleeping with them beside him in bed, then getting up in the morning, dressing them and sitting them in front of the TV whilst he went to work. When he came home he would make two dinners, put one in front of them and talk to them whilst eating. Eventually of course they would start to decompose, so he would use the butchery skills he learned in the army to cut them into small pieces and in the case of his home in Melrose Avenue he would burn them in the garden, or at his flat in Cranley Gardens he would chop them into tiny pieces and flush them down the toilet. The bones he would put into bin bags and leave out for the garbage collectors.

He was caught when neighbours complained that the drains were blocked and smelly. A drain guy came out and made the grim discovery under a man hole in the front garden. When police arrived he had two or three bodies half cut up in bin bags in his bedroom wardrobe.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Rockape » Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:49 am

LMAO wrote:
Rockape wrote:
LMAO wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

Episodes 11-20

Season 6

Out of all the characters that have come and gone in this series, none were as good as the original 4.

The Expanse's newest season too. But I'm not going to start that until all the episodes have been released (February 3 is the last one I think). Learned my lesson with The Boys and waiting a week for each new episode lol

The Expanse? Yeah, 6 of the 10 episodes have been released. New episode every Wednesday.

Excellent....I’ll watch those shortly then. I defo agree that the series has lost its way since Ragnar bit the dust though.
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Rockape » Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:50 am

Just finished Queens Gambit which was enjoyable.
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby LMAO » Sat Jan 09, 2021 6:59 am

Phil71 wrote:
LMAO wrote:
Phil71 wrote:

We've had several.

Look up:
Ian Brady & Myra Hindley
Fred & Rose West
Dennis Nilsen
Harold Shipman
Robert Black

I thought you had serial killers with more victims than that. What about Gary Ridgeway? I read Ann Rule's book on him. I think he had 70+ victims.

In regard to Nilsen and the rituals with the bodies - I read his official biography (Killing for Company) written by Brian Masters, who had full access to Nilsen while he was awaiting trial. There was an incident in Nilsen's childhood that Masters believed may have been behind his fascination with dead bodies. His father had left when he was a toddler, and he became extremely close to his grandfather. Aged six his grandfather died, and the family laid him out in a coffin in the lounge. They brought Nilsen to see him, but didn't tell him that he was dead. So the last time he saw his grandfather he was a dead body, and he formed some sort of association between love and death. That combined with his psychopathy and loneliness made him keep the bodies of his victims as long as possible - sleeping with them beside him in bed, then getting up in the morning, dressing them and sitting them in front of the TV whilst he went to work. When he came home he would make two dinners, put one in front of them and talk to them whilst eating. Eventually of course they would start to decompose, so he would use the butchery skills he learned in the army to cut them into small pieces and in the case of his home in Melrose Avenue he would burn them in the garden, or at his flat in Cranley Gardens he would chop them into tiny pieces and flush them down the toilet. The bones he would put into bin bags and leave out for the garbage collectors.

He was caught when neighbours complained that the drains were blocked and smelly. A drain guy came out and made the grim discovery under a man hole in the front garden. When police arrived he had two or three bodies half cut up in bin bags in his bedroom wardrobe.

That's actually kind of sad. Also, that's strange from the family, but I know some cultures set the bodies of their deceased loved ones in their living rooms (might be one part of the Philippines(?), I can't remember the exact place(s)), but I'm sure you guys don't do that in the UK lol

Seems like a lot of these lunatics had childhood trauma. Doesn't make it any bit okay what they did, but it does humanize them a little bit. Shame responsible adults weren't around who could get them therapy or something before it was too late. Although, some people are born antisocial and can't really be helped anyway.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby LMAO » Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:03 am

Rockape wrote:
LMAO wrote:
Rockape wrote:
LMAO wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

Episodes 11-20

Season 6

Excellent....I’ll watch those shortly then. I defo agree that the series has lost its way since Ragnar bit the dust though.

I think it was before Ragnar kicked the bucket :hiding:

For me, there was a decline in quality around the time Ragnar started to give up on wanting to live and became a hollow man. I think it was after Floki killed Athelstan, but I can't exactly remember.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby Dejan » Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:16 am

LMAO wrote:

nice

Dope show.

Hype for season 2.

Went a bit down hill to be honest after they found the *****
First 3 or 4 episodes were great
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby LMAO » Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:18 am

Dejan wrote:
LMAO wrote:

nice

Dope show.

Hype for season 2.

The ending made up for it. Nice little cliffhanger.

I somehow guessed the answer to the last game they played. Was proud of myself lol
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby Rockape » Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:01 pm

LMAO wrote:
Rockape wrote:
LMAO wrote:
Rockape wrote:
LMAO wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

Episodes 11-20

Season 6

I think it was before Ragnar kicked the bucket :hiding:

For me, there was a decline in quality around the time Ragnar started to give up on wanting to live and became a hollow man. I think it was after Floki killed Athelstan, but I can't exactly remember.

What finished it off for me, was when they were all in Iceland and chomping on joints of meat and there weren't any animals there!
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Dejan » Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:39 pm

LMAO wrote:
Dejan wrote:
LMAO wrote:

nice

Dope show.

Hype for season 2.

The ending made up for it. Nice little cliffhanger.

I somehow guessed the answer to the last game they played. Was proud of myself lol

I guessed the same :smartass:
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby KG3 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:31 pm

Just finished watching Fringe such an amazing series, the guy who plays Walter Bishop is an amazing actor had me in bits throughout the series.

Highly recommend watching if you haven’t seen it already, it’s one of those series which are unique in their own way and nothing else compares, now I need something else to binge on.
KG3
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Dejan » Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:54 pm

Lupin

not bad
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby Ach » Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:25 pm

Finished Vikings. Should've ended years ago

More importantly WandaVision is out tomorrow. Most anticipated show of all time arguably
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

PreviousNext

Return to TV