Mattéo Guendouzi

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Re: Mattéo Guendouzi (on loan - Hertha BSC)

Postby jayramfootball » Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:41 am

Angelito wrote:
LMAO wrote:
swipe right wrote:You see my dear DG, when the dictator falls out of love with his players the clubs PR machinery has to slander them to make it seem like they are the problem. We are told that all of this was initiated by Guendozi telling Maupay where to stuff it. Imagine if we applied the same yardstick to Vieira’s behavior.

I thought it started in Dubai and the Maupay incident was the last straw?

He took his shirt off and danced in Dubai appaz. Had this been in Rio, nobody would have batted an eyelid.

Bad behavior? Absolutely. Idiotic, yep. But it's not surprising for a stimulated teenager who's set for life to act like a buffoon. It's a teenage thing.

Just fine him for every misdemeanor. It wasn't even a big deal in the media before that Brighton incident. After that, everything blew up. The FA didn't bother slapping a fine or a suspension either. All of a sudden, news about his horrible attitude started pouring in after Brighton.

If there's anything we've been masterful at, lately, it's our foolproof PR mechanism.

Mind you, I'm not defending his behavior. He might be an absolute dumbass for all we know. I just don't trust the club's narrative or the people running things at Arsenal these days. It's a tad cronyistic. Not exactly. But somewhere there.

Exactly this - it very much seemed to me that the club's smear machine went into full force.
Not the first time.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Salibatelli » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:35 am

Phil71 wrote:He's doing so well that Hertha Berlin don't want to sign him.

Have you spoken to the guy in charge of transfers there? Lol

They might not have the money anyhow. The way I see it if it increases his transfer value and we can get more for him.

I don’t trust the club over their claims he had a bad attiitude because that’s always their default position that it’s the players fault, always shifting the blame, it’s cringeworthy.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby Phil71 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:43 am

Özim wrote:

They might not have the money anyhow. The way I see it if it increases his transfer value and we can get more for him.

I don’t trust the club over their claims he had a bad attiitude because that’s always their default position that it’s the players fault, always shifting the blame, it’s cringeworthy.

OK. So it's fine to believe and repeat reports that are in the media if it suits your ant-Arteta agenda, but anything that might be to the contrary should be laughed at.

I see.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Salibatelli » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:09 am

Phil71 wrote:
Özim wrote:

OK. So it's fine to believe and repeat reports that are in the media if it suits your ant-Arteta agenda, but anything that might be to the contrary should be laughed at.

I see.

Yes it is because Arteta has alienated quite a few players, no smoke without fire as they say.

He’s tried to come in and throw his weight around, trouble is no one respects him, he’s got no record of success and no experience, it’s not the way to manage when your new to management.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby Phil71 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:51 am

Özim wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
Özim wrote:

I see.

Yes it is because Arteta has alienated quite a few players, no smoke without fire as they say.

He’s tried to come in and throw his weight around, trouble is no one respects him, he’s got no record of success and no experience, it’s not the way to manage when your new to management.

So you admit it? OK.

Some of these players needed a kick up the arse. We've seen them down tools and do as they please for a few managers now - including him. He's not standing for it. More power to his elbow.

We've won the last four games. Let's hope we make it five in a row tonight, eh? You do want that don't you? Or does your hatred for Arteta outweigh your desire to win matches?
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby starmandb » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:55 am

Özim wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
Özim wrote:

I see.

That phrase no smoke without fire is the biggest misnomer of the lot not just in football but within any walk of life
I have heard supposedly true stories from people who had no knowledge of events that I was at and it spreads like wildfire because bored people want salacious things to be the truth
Kindness stumbles at the court of the nihilist
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby Salibatelli » Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:52 pm

starmandb wrote:
Özim wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
Özim wrote:

I see.

That phrase no smoke without fire is the biggest misnomer of the lot not just in football but within any walk of life
I have heard supposedly true stories from people who had no knowledge of events that I was at and it spreads like wildfire because bored people want salacious things to be the truth

The point is he’s alienated a fair few players, that’s down to him as well, not the players solely, you can’t come in a a nobody and do this, why should they respect a guy who’s never achieved anything, either in his football career or management career.

Respect has to be earn my, he hasn’t earnt it.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby Phil71 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:41 pm

Özim wrote:
starmandb wrote:
Özim wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
Özim wrote:

I see.

The point is he’s alienated a fair few players, that’s down to him as well, not the players solely, you can’t come in a a nobody and do this, why should they respect a guy who’s never achieved anything, either in his football career or management career.

Respect has to be earn my, he hasn’t earnt it.

The players work for Arsenal FC.

Arsenal FC, who pay their wages, has appointed a football manager to manage them.

Even if they don't immediately respect him as a person or for his qualities, they should respect his position and the fact that their employer has put him in that position.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby theHotHead » Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:08 pm

Why do you claim Hertha do not want to sign him ? Have they come out and said that ?
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Phil71 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:19 pm

theHotHead wrote:

Why do you claim Hertha do not want to sign him ? Have they come out and said that ?

According to the German sports papers, yes.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby theHotHead » Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:24 pm

Phil71 wrote:
theHotHead wrote:

According to the German sports papers, yes.

Furry muff.

I thought it was the old "not seen any reports so must mean nobody wants him" angle .......
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:41 pm

There's a good probability that we'll extend the loan if Hertha ask, so it makes sense they're not making noise about wanting to sign him.

Then they can get him at a cut price as he'll be on the last year of his deal.

Arteta doesn't rate him or Torreira. Neither are coming back.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Jan 18, 2021 2:02 am

This is going to be our next disaster isn't it? ........... :doh:

Apparently and I can fully believe it, we've offered Hertha who are really happy with him, the chance to buy him for £27m, but before they could even get back to us to haggle, Guendouzi has basically announced that Hertha are too small fry for him lol.

So now he's been snubbed twice by AFC, first the loan then the sale offer, he's now probably soured his loan at Hertha with his reaction and then he'll end up outcast at AFC when he returns and we'll be battling too off load him until his contract runs down.

What a disaster, but I do think this shows Guendouzi has a fkin sh*t attitude though, surely just keep playing well and bigger teams will come knocking? you don't just demand to be at a big club, they need to want you first.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football ... n=exchange
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Arsenal Tone » Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:20 am

He probably went off on loan thinking Ozil and co would force Arteta out and he'd come back to the holiday camp his friends had enjoyed under Wenger. It worked with Emery. Suddenly he's realised that ain't happening and is trying to put himself in the shop window (and failing, probably making himself less desirable tbh).
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Power n Glory » Mon Jan 25, 2021 9:58 am

https://talksport.com/football/823253/m ... enal-news/

Hertha Berlin manager sacked and Guendouzi arguing with team mates.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

PreviousNext

Return to World Football