Stock Market Watch

Grab a chair, open a beer, and chat away! In Tribute to Drama, SE13, and Fabrestuta. R.I.P.

Re: Stock Market Watch

Postby Santi » Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:53 pm

Dejan wrote:Right now I am looking into MARA. they are a bitcoin mining company with ALOT of power compared to some of the competition. Their stock has been rocketing for the last 2 weeks. They have a 10% dip today so might be stepping in. Huge risk huge reward

It will most likely closely follow the valuation of bitcoin itself

I looked into them but sounds a bit volatile. Have a small amount in RIOT who are similar but added Mara to my watchlist, have too many to look into at the moment to put anything else in today.

Hoping to add 2-3 rapid growth stocks over the next fortnight (NIO and 2 others) and decide which longer term safe bet I’m going to plunge for.

On the latter I’m looking at VW and GM mostly but tempted by solar edge while it’s plateaued.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Dejan » Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:35 pm

Rockape wrote:I had a cash ISA that wasn't doing a great deal, so when the covid crash happened in March I transferred it in a medium risk investment ISA and so far its gone up 26.3%. Happy with that!

Get in :goal1:
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby Dejan » Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:37 pm

Santi wrote:
Dejan wrote:Right now I am looking into MARA. they are a bitcoin mining company with ALOT of power compared to some of the competition. Their stock has been rocketing for the last 2 weeks. They have a 10% dip today so might be stepping in. Huge risk huge reward

I looked into them but sounds a bit volatile. Have a small amount in RIOT who are similar but added Mara to my watchlist, have too many to look into at the moment to put anything else in today.

Hoping to add 2-3 rapid growth stocks over the next fortnight (NIO and 2 others) and decide which longer term safe bet I’m going to plunge for.

On the latter I’m looking at VW and GM mostly but tempted by solar edge while it’s plateaued.

Nice, RIOT seems promising aswell.

Maybe you can consider investing in an airline for long term, a stable one that can still survive for quite sometime. Its a bit of a risk and maybe I am optimistic but I feel several airlines will recover in a year or 2-3.

Bought MARA today at its highest dip, and its already recovering slightly, so Im very pleased. Hopefully bitcoin goes up soon
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby Dejan » Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:40 pm

Or, maybe you can consider going for ArcelorMittal, they are one of the leading steel companies.
Ive seen reports that it will be a huge year for the steel industries. Got a few shares of Mittal myself too.

*take everything what I say with a pinch of salt, I am a beginner.

That being said, despite the weird market of today, its actually been my best day so far.
Aiming to double my money by the end of the year
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:09 pm

Dejan wrote:
Santi wrote:

Nice, RIOT seems promising aswell.

Maybe you can consider investing in an airline for long term, a stable one that can still survive for quite sometime. Its a bit of a risk and maybe I am optimistic but I feel several airlines will recover in a year or 2-3.

Bought MARA today at its highest dip, and its already recovering slightly, so Im very pleased. Hopefully bitcoin goes up soon

Yeah I've got them on my list - been looking through United and American this afternoon. Southwest seems the safest but they've got less growth potential imo, American could easily shoot up once travel restarts.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:14 pm

Dejan wrote:Or, maybe you can consider going for ArcelorMittal, they are one of the leading steel companies.
Ive seen reports that it will be a huge year for the steel industries. Got a few shares of Mittal myself too.

*take everything what I say with a pinch of salt, I am a beginner.

That being said, despite the weird market of today, its actually been my best day so far.
Aiming to double my money by the end of the year

Always good to have tips, particularly if the source has a good track record. I always research and make my own decision in the end based on what info I can find obv.

It's very easy to read 1 article and want to jump in but I'm trying to focus on an area at a time and decide which is my favourite 1/2 stocks in that area. Also don't want to lump in much more than 5k at the moment as I'm pretty amateur and already have 3k in USD so I'll be getting close to 10k by the end of the month, need to focus on that rather than having a wide portfolio. Plus the charges at HL are £12 per stock purchase so you can't really invest small sums.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:07 pm

Your boy ziptrader seems keen on this CCIV stock Dejan, any thoughts? I haven’t tried any spac trading before.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Dejan » Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:48 pm

Santi wrote:Your boy ziptrader seems keen on this CCIV stock Dejan, any thoughts? I haven’t tried any spac trading before.

Yeah I have nearly bought them yesterdays but holded back last minute. They are still on the same level today which is good.

Its a huge gamble, if the rumours are true that they are bringing Lucid motors public, then the stock will absolutely rocket.
If the rumours are fake, or fall through...well then it will hit rock bottom

If I had any spare cash myself, I would of bought it.
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby Dejan » Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:49 pm

Rediculous red day today lol

But I had 7 green days in a row so not complaining
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:09 pm

Yeah I went in on it but just for 500 as I’ve not done it before. Will still be a bad burn if it falls through but then I might turn it into a long hold and hope he picks up something else soonish.

Still waiting for NIO to drop, almost picked it at 56 and 58 now sat desperately waiting for it for fall anywhere near that :lol:
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Dejan » Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:23 am

at which price did you pick it up?
its up 11% after hours, 18.59 now.
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby Dejan » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:54 pm

lol CCIV going down so fast after market opening
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:56 pm

Dejan wrote:lol CCIV going down so fast after market opening

Everyone cashing profits like me :arse fan:

Got in around $13, can’t remember exactly now but a solid £150 in one day. Will buy it back at the bottom of the dip.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Dejan » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:18 pm

well done bro.
Im about to cash in on at MARA at 30% profits. It will probably dip tomorrow again, same for RIOT
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:24 pm

Anybody here interested in dividend-yielding stocks?

I mostly do index ETFs myself as anything other than buy and hold feels like gambling, and I'd rather not stress about timing my exit to maximize my capital gains.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

PreviousNext

Return to The Harambee