American Politics

Debate about anything going on in the world. Please remember, everyone has their own opinion.

Re: American Politics

Postby jayramfootball » Sun Nov 29, 2020 12:54 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:Not actually sure what he's trying to achieve.

This was over weeks ago, he lost way too many final battle ground states to ever have a chance.

As soon as he lost Nevada, Penn and GA he was done for, your not going to overturn 3 states counts ffs.

Let him waste his money, he's an idiot.

There's no tactical win here on pursuing this.

Like I said - I reckon its all just to cast enough doubt that it somehow gets to Congress.

One good thing might come from it all, though.
The US election process is absolutely ripe for rigging - so future elections may deal with the issues in advance.

I was a little confused by the PA SC ruling, though.
They basically didn't rule that PA elections officials had not held an unconstitutional election - they ruled that the case had been brought too late.
However, there was a case brought to stop the PA election changes before the elections that the same SC threw out.

I guess all these cases are headed to SCOTUS.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Nov 29, 2020 1:06 pm

The American political procedure has been seen as an embarrassing, unfit for purposes process.

I suppose that's one good thing that Trump is doing, all these grenades he's throwing is testing and probing the political system.

........... and now we're seeing just how unfit for purpose it actually is.

This would never happen in England.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby UFGN » Sun Nov 29, 2020 3:37 pm

The copium in this thread is overpowering

I'm sure I remember being sneeringly told by the, er, centrists on here that Trump wouldnt cause a load of trouble and that this was all left wing hysteria

Yet here we are with Trump defeated and causing as much trouble as he can
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Nov 29, 2020 3:53 pm

UFGN wrote:The copium in this thread is overpowering

I'm sure I remember being sneeringly told by the, er, centrists on here that Trump wouldnt cause a load of trouble and that this was all left wing hysteria

Not quite I said he wouldn't illegally try to hold on to power.

That was the accusation Jedi was leaning toward, I told him to stop being paranoid, if Trump loses he's not going to commit a coup ffs.

.......... also look at the state of you, grow up ffs, all you do is come on here looking for a row.

Say what you have to say without being a d*ck about it ffs, you snide little man.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby UFGN » Sun Nov 29, 2020 4:03 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:

That was the accusation Jedi was leaning toward, I told him to stop being paranoid, if Trump loses he's not going to commit a coup ffs.

.......... also look at the state of you, grow up ffs, all you do is come on here looking for a row.

Say what you have to say without being a d*ck about it ffs, you snide little man.

You need a bigger syringe DG.

I notice weve not had a multiple-page diatribe from you about all the reasons Trump lost to an uninspiring, twice defeated embodiment of the establishment

Youve got some nerve accusing me of only wanting a row when youve been sneering at every left wing voter on here for years and praying at the altar of a Troll just because he upsets people.
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

Postby Jedi » Sun Nov 29, 2020 4:17 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:

I'm pretty sure you were very dismissive of the Axios article I posted before the election that said Trump was planning to claim victory early and then challenge the election in the courts. You also told me I was being trolled when I linked a video of Trump saying he will "send in the lawyers" after the election.
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Nov 29, 2020 4:24 pm

Jedi wrote:I'm pretty sure you were very dismissive of the Axios article I posted before the election that said Trump was planning to claim victory early and then challenge the election in the courts. You also told me I was being trolled when I linked a video of Trump saying he will "send in the lawyers" after the election.

Depends on how far you thought he was going to go.

If you just mean't what he's doing now as in throwing a tantrum, well it is what it is, but I thought you were leaning toward he was going to try and steal the election by illegally claiming himself president, basically committing a coup.

Which is why I told you to stop being paranoid, America's not quite a 3rd world dictatorship just yet.

He can appeal all he wants but that's not going to override the system, which has moved on as expected with Biden being recognised as the winner.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Royal Gooner » Sun Nov 29, 2020 5:20 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:Not actually sure what he's trying to achieve.

This was over weeks ago, he lost way too many final battle ground states to ever have a chance.

As soon as he lost Nevada, Penn and GA he was done for, your not going to overturn 3 states counts ffs.

Let him waste his money, he's an idiot.

There's no tactical win here on pursuing this.

He's trying to drag it out so it goes to Congress.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby LMAO » Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:37 pm

jayramfootball wrote:I think this flurry of law suits is designed to create chaos.
Get the feeling that Trump is trying to get the decision on President to Congress.

Meh. It's not going to work. The only thing going to Congress is the electors.

He's brought election lawsuits in PA, MI, WI, GA, AZ, and NV.

PA, MI, GA, and NV have already certified their results and chosen their slate of electors. That's more than enough for 270. AZ will do so tomorrow and WI on Tuesday, since those are the respective deadlines for those states to certify.

At this point, it's just Trump grifting to the idiots who don't see that it's over and will happily/fearfully donate money to him so that he can pay down his campaign debts.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby UFGN » Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:51 pm

LMAO wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:I think this flurry of law suits is designed to create chaos.
Get the feeling that Trump is trying to get the decision on President to Congress.

Meh. It's not going to work. The only thing going to Congress is the electors.

He's brought election lawsuits in PA, MI, WI, GA, AZ, and NV.

PA, MI, GA, and NV have already certified their results and chosen their slate of electors. That's more than enough for 270. AZ will do so tomorrow and WI on Tuesday, since those are the respective deadlines for those states to certify.

At this point, it's just Trump grifting to the idiots who don't see that it's over and will happily/fearfully donate money to him so that he can pay down his campaign debts.

Seed faith for the devil

UFGN

Postby jayramfootball » Sun Nov 29, 2020 7:17 pm

Oops wrong thread
Last edited by jayramfootball on Sun Nov 29, 2020 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby jayramfootball » Sun Nov 29, 2020 7:19 pm

Nvm
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Jedi » Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:18 am

William Barr says there is no evidence of widespread fraud in presidential election

The Justice Department hasn't found evidence to support allegations of widespread fraud that could have changed the result of last month's presidential election, Attorney General William Barr said in an interview with the Associated Press published Tuesday.

The comments from Barr, who has been steadfast in his support of President Donald Trump during his tenure, represent the latest official rebuke from Republicans of the President's claims of widespread fraud in his loss to Joe Biden.
"To date, we have not seen fraud on a scale that could have effected a different outcome in the election," Barr said.

Source: https://edition.cnn.com/2020/12/01/poli ... index.html

lol
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby LMAO » Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:01 am

But but but the narrative about the Demonrats stealing the election from Trump.

Also, speaking of narratives, whatever happened with the Hunter Biden story? The developments have been mysteriously quiet since November 3rd. Surely, the completely honest right-wing media and their rubes who signal boosted it weren't acting in bad faith, just like they weren't with the migrant caravan in 2018? Or was that yet another instance of projection? Hmm, the world may never know :think: And PRISS, if you ever read this, it's why I didn't make the bet with you. I'd feel bad about having a lost soul part with his money for a cause he didn't believe in. I was going to accept and have you donate to BLM for the sheer hilarity, but my sense of humanity won out in the end.

And damn, I guess the coronavirus threat is finished, too. Republicans told us the virus would be over on November 4th. Surely that wasn't yet more projection from them?
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:44 am

Jedi wrote:
William Barr says there is no evidence of widespread fraud in presidential election

The Justice Department hasn't found evidence to support allegations of widespread fraud that could have changed the result of last month's presidential election, Attorney General William Barr said in an interview with the Associated Press published Tuesday.

The comments from Barr, who has been steadfast in his support of President Donald Trump during his tenure, represent the latest official rebuke from Republicans of the President's claims of widespread fraud in his loss to Joe Biden.
"To date, we have not seen fraud on a scale that could have effected a different outcome in the election," Barr said.

Source: https://edition.cnn.com/2020/12/01/poli ... index.html

lol

#TheTruthIsOutThere
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

PreviousNext

Return to The Big Debate