Mikel Arteta, First-Team Manager

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Mikel Arteta, First-Team Manager

Postby FARM » Sun Nov 29, 2020 10:50 pm

Ach is right, everything he said has come true about Arteta.

The only thing I don't agree with him on is Giroud, the guy scored so many goals for us and vital goals too. ''Girouds not good enough, we finished 2nd''.

But the Wenger stuff he was right about and the Arteta stuff he is right about too.
Chickens, Turkeys, Pigs and Lambs, and more on my farm. Plenty of livestock to feed the masses. Come visit my farm, don't be a stranger.
FARM
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby FARM » Sun Nov 29, 2020 10:53 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:Fk this I'm actually starting to want us to hit and stay near relegation.

I want this board to really feel what their fkin shite set up is really doing at this club, these prawn sandwich cnts know nothing about football.

To hire a fkin guy who's never managed a game in his life!! ........ yeah that sounds like a good idea.

We slagged off Mourhino ........ look where he is now, 1st ffs, same thing when we let Wenger hang on for too long and missed out on Klopp.

We're a disaster.

''To hire a fkin guy who's never managed a game in his life!! ........ yeah that sounds like a good idea.'' - This is the truth and the issue.. Arteta is learning on the job, he has no manager experience at all, he has not even managed non-league teams, he has never ever had a club before. Its madness too give him the job, he needs to prove himself first and lower level clubs and see how he is.

Do you feel like he is always learning on the job? because I do. How Arsenal can have someone who is learning on the job is beyond me
Chickens, Turkeys, Pigs and Lambs, and more on my farm. Plenty of livestock to feed the masses. Come visit my farm, don't be a stranger.
FARM
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Nov 29, 2020 11:02 pm

4 formations in 2-3 weeks ............. yeah, he's learning on the job.

........ and while he's learning we're losing games on a weekly basis.

The most worrying thing is he's obviously not learing properly because he keeps trying to play the worst of our formations results wise, I warned against Leicester when he "tried it" again I'd had enough of it, now I'm completely done.

This is why we were playing 3-4-3 ......... because teams like Wolves can open us up for two goals and they're renowned for being a defensive team ffs.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Power n Glory » Sun Nov 29, 2020 11:20 pm

It's not the formation it's the players he keeps picking and how he sets out to play.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby Jack The Ripper » Sun Nov 29, 2020 11:28 pm

Another issue people aren't really talking about is his subs, his subs are sooooooooooo slow, he waits and waits and waits way too long to make a sub, also not convinced by the subs he makes either.

The subs are a real weak point of Arteta, he just waits far too long
Jack The Ripper
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby jayramfootball » Sun Nov 29, 2020 11:29 pm

Arteta made the mistake of trying to work with the players that were there.
The only way out of this is to totally and quickly overhaul the entire squad and cut out the cultural cancer that exists.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Nov 29, 2020 11:52 pm

Power n Glory wrote:It's not the formation it's the players he keeps picking and how he sets out to play.

It is the formation lol.

He's playing a formation that relies on a CAM, our only CAM is Willock, this formation also relies on good passing inter play ......... not our sideways, backwards passing.

We should be playing a formation, defensive or not, that suits the damn players we have, that's why the players are frustrated.

We never went into free fall when we were playing 3-4-3 we were a tough rugged team, we beat Liverpool, Chelsea, Utd and City with that formation, the entire top 4, twice for Pool by the way.

He switches to 4-2-3-1 and we're losing to Wolves and Leicester and he's still using it, he's a cnt, something I warned about for months because I saw that happen with Emery.

Arteta was onto something with defend and counter, same thing Atletico does, it kept us in games and made us difficult to beat, then Arteta ruined his own progress.

Get him out.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby mrblonde » Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:45 am

This is starting to look like the football version of the Peter Principle, where people are promoted to their level of incompetence.

It's disturbing that at the first signs - or one of the early ones, anyway - that his chosen formation/style isn't working, Arteta immediately changes it rather than analyses why it didn't work in that particular game. That might show:
A) Success with that formation has been lucky, you do need to change players and/or formation.
B) Success with that formation will be consistent. Just one of those days. And it was one of those days because....

One loss immediately suggests B but you can't rule out A until you analyse the game and what happened.

And maybe the things that might have made Arteta a great Assistant Manager may be what make him a bad Manager.
mrblonde
Michael Thomas

Postby jayramfootball » Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:48 am

DiamondGooner wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:It's not the formation it's the players he keeps picking and how he sets out to play.

It is the formation lol.

He's playing a formation that relies on a CAM, our only CAM is Willock, this formation also relies on good passing inter play ......... not our sideways, backwards passing.

We should be playing a formation, defensive or not, that suits the damn players we have, that's why the players are frustrated.

We never went into free fall when we were playing 3-4-3 we were a tough rugged team, we beat Liverpool, Chelsea, Utd and City with that formation, the entire top 4, twice for Pool by the way.

He switches to 4-2-3-1 and we're losing to Wolves and Leicester and he's still using it, he's a cnt, something I warned about for months because I saw that happen with Emery.

Arteta was onto something with defend and counter, same thing Atletico does, it kept us in games and made us difficult to beat, then Arteta ruined his own progress.

Get him out.

The constant changes in formation and player positions is not helping but it's not the driver ... Did you not see the lack of effort? Right through the team. No concentration. No determination. Compare the Wolves team chasing everything down and confidently attacking us when in possession.
First and foremost this is player issue.

The players simply don't care.
That is a deep rooted culture in the club.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Angelito » Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:50 am

Tony Adams wrote:Get pochettino before utd do!
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Nov 30, 2020 1:02 am

jayramfootball wrote:The constant changes in formation and player positions is not helping but it's not the driver ... Did you not see the lack of effort? Right through the team. No concentration. No determination. Compare the Wolves team chasing everything down and confidently attacking us when in possession.
First and foremost this is player issue.

The players simply don't care.
That is a deep rooted culture in the club.

That's only started since after the Utd game where after one loss to Villa he's resest the whole system, the players have gotten frustrated.

This is what I'd do .............

DiamondGooner wrote:So if I'm manager, I take our first team squad, peel away youth players for back up option only, make a list of must play, players, then proceed from there.

So of these are either Strikers or WF's so they can be moved around but if I need to play all our best for a first team it'll look like this.

Fullbacks: Tierney, Bellerin, Cedric, AMN

CB: Gabriel, Luiz, Mari, Mustafi, Holding

CM: Xhaka, Elneny, Ceballos, Partey

Wingers: Saka, Willian, Pepe

Strikers: Martinelli, Auba, Lacazette

Must start:
Auba
Partey
Tierney
Pepe
Lacazette
Gabriel
Martinelli

Only options .......... 4-4-2 or 3-4-3

If Laca or Auba need to come off / not start, put Martinelli in the front two and bring on Saka / Willian to go winger.

Play like Atletico, defend properly in two banks of four then hard counter.

Youth / reserves - These are players I would play easy games not Prem games.
Strikers: Balogun, Nketiah
Wingers: Nelson
Full back: Kolasinac
CAM / CM: Willock, ESR
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Slick » Mon Nov 30, 2020 1:08 am

jayramfootball wrote:Arteta made the mistake of trying to work with the players that were there.
The only way out of this is to totally and quickly overhaul the entire squad and cut out the cultural cancer that exists.

I agree. I expected to see wholesale changes by now but it’s been way too slow of a process.
Slick
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Nov 30, 2020 1:43 am

Slick wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:Arteta made the mistake of trying to work with the players that were there.

I agree. I expected to see wholesale changes by now but it’s been way too slow of a process.

Because Kroenke won't back a manager until that manager proves he's not going to waste his money.

Arteta is 14th, you think Kroenke is going to lavish cash on him? we're not a "buy your way out of trouble" club, Kroenke bought us to be self sustainable.

That's why we have so much trash in the squad, they're on cushty contracts and are running them down.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby swipe right » Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:23 am

Poch in the dugout and Wenger in the boardroom. Fcking do it Kroenke.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Angelito » Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:26 am

swipe right wrote:Poch in the dugout and Wenger in the boardroom. Fcking do it Kroenke.

#TheOnlyWay
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk