Mikel Arteta, First-Team Manager

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Mikel Arteta, First-Team Manager

Postby Power n Glory » Sun Nov 29, 2020 9:56 pm

themessiah wrote:has really ran out of ideas. Same style of football for all the PL games. Easy to predict.
"Trust the process", cant trust it if we dont see any improvement

And Credit to the people on here who said last season, Arteta's main offensive tactics was to shift opposition defence to the right, isolate Auba on the left & hit the big switch to him for a one on one! worked well for him but was only a matter of time that other coaches found him out!

He's been found out. He's stopped playing the ball out from the back and trying to draw teams in, break the press and have all that space at the back to capitalise off. It's over.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby FARM » Sun Nov 29, 2020 9:56 pm

Just seen Arteta's post match interview, he has clearly lost the plot, he has lost it. the Wolves goalkeeper made 1 save, yes thats right, 1 save the entire match. He is talking like the goalie was making world class saves and we were unlucky...

the Wolves goalie made 1 comfortable save the entire match!!!!
Chickens, Turkeys, Pigs and Lambs, and more on my farm. Plenty of livestock to feed the masses. Come visit my farm, don't be a stranger.
FARM
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby jayramfootball » Sun Nov 29, 2020 9:57 pm

Power n Glory wrote:Sack him now. He thinks crossing will get the job done? He's complaining about the quality of the crosses and finishing? Goals will come? What was he watching?

Crossing and corners are an important part of the game.
Unfortunately our best corner taker and best player at playing balls into the box from a bit deeper was left out of the squad.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Power n Glory » Sun Nov 29, 2020 10:02 pm

FARM wrote:Just seen Arteta's post match interview, he has clearly lost the plot, he has lost it. the Wolves goalkeeper made 1 save, yes thats right, 1 save the entire match. He is talking like the goalie was making world class saves and we were unlucky...

It was a shocking interview and there is no doubt in my mind that he needs to go.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby FARM » Sun Nov 29, 2020 10:10 pm

Power n Glory wrote:
FARM wrote:Just seen Arteta's post match interview, he has clearly lost the plot, he has lost it. the Wolves goalkeeper made 1 save, yes thats right, 1 save the entire match. He is talking like the goalie was making world class saves and we were unlucky...

It was a shocking interview and there is no doubt in my mind that he needs to go.

Totally agree, that interview was pure denial, I don't know what he is seeing. This is really bad football we are seeing, if we are all wrong then why are we joint 15th ??!!!. Arteta needs a reality check ASAP
Chickens, Turkeys, Pigs and Lambs, and more on my farm. Plenty of livestock to feed the masses. Come visit my farm, don't be a stranger.
FARM
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Nov 29, 2020 10:13 pm

He's played 4 formations in the last 2-3 weeks.

The man doesn't know what he's doing and like Emery he keeps attempting to play 4-2-3-1 without Ozil and it didn't work the last 3 times he tried it and it didn't work today.

His lack of direction, lack of knowing his own philisophy and being too stupid to realise Willock is not the answer to unlock our potential is down right amatuer hour.

We played better with 3-4-3 ffs, but after one loss to Villa which was a complete no show for the whole team because they didn't like the rain, he completely changed the entire system.

We're near January ffs and this man doesn't know what he's doing, a manager who changes his fundamentals every week is a manager under pressure with no way out.

Get rid of him, I said it was a mistake before we hired him, I've given him chance after chance and he's taken something he built end of last season and JUST like Emery did, he smashed it all up this season.

Fk Arteta.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby CrimsonGunner11 » Sun Nov 29, 2020 10:18 pm

Very worried now.

Some of his decisions have been eye-opening
Ramsdale
(Turner/Hein)
White Saliba Gabriel Zinchenko
(Tomiyasu/Niles) (Timber/Holding) (Trusty/Kiwior) (Tierney/Tavares)
Odegaard(c) —- Rice
(Xhaka/Lokonga) —- (Partey/Elneny)
Havertz
(Jorginho/Vieira)
Saka Jesus Martinelli
(Pepe/Nelson) (Nketiah/Balogun) (Trossard/ESR)

Last Updated: 07/02/23
CrimsonGunner11
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner

Postby Jedi » Sun Nov 29, 2020 10:18 pm

Yeah... Things are getting real ugly again... I don't think he'll make it to January.
Last edited by Jedi on Sun Nov 29, 2020 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Power n Glory » Sun Nov 29, 2020 10:18 pm

FARM wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:

Totally agree, that interview was pure denial, I don't know what he is seeing. This is really bad football we are seeing, if we are all wrong then why are we joint 15th ??!!!. Arteta needs a reality check ASAP

He's delusional and the interview just showed that he's the problem. If he thinks spamming crosses into the box is the right way to go and the goals will eventually come then he needs to manage at a lower level. That's just hitting and hoping.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Nov 29, 2020 10:23 pm

We need a manager who know's how to play with something other than 4-2-3-1 ffs.

Its scary watching Emery and Arteta clawing away trying to keep playing it and failing when other systems clearly suit the current squad better.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Ach » Sun Nov 29, 2020 10:27 pm

Please tell me there is someone who will defend Arteta.
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Phil71 » Sun Nov 29, 2020 10:38 pm

I don't think they'll sack him.

Who will they get in? They showed the level of their ambition last year by employing Mikel. There was hardly a queue of top managers for the job.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby gamechannel » Sun Nov 29, 2020 10:41 pm

He should be sent packing and should take Edu with him too.
gamechannel
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Nov 29, 2020 10:44 pm

Fk this I'm actually starting to want us to hit and stay near relegation.

I want this board to really feel what their fkin shite set up is really doing at this club, these prawn sandwich cnts know nothing about football.

To hire a fkin guy who's never managed a game in his life!! ........ yeah that sounds like a good idea.

We slagged off Mourhino ........ look where he is now, 1st ffs, same thing when we let Wenger hang on for too long and missed out on Klopp.

We're a disaster.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby LMAO » Sun Nov 29, 2020 10:49 pm

I would like to apologize to Emery for putting a lot of the blame on him. His tactics didn't help, but our shit midfield sure didn't do him any favors.

Partey is a good start, but Arsenal needs more athletic midfielders. I don't even know if Klopp could coach these donkeys.

Not fussed at this point whether Arteta stays or goes, but until there's better recruitment in midfield, it won't matter who we bring in.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk