Arteta vs Ancelotti vs Mourinho

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Who would you prefer?

Arteta
62%
Ancelotti
38%

Total votes : 42

Re: Arteta vs Ancelotti vs Mourinho

Postby Ach » Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:04 pm

Mourinho took a team in 14th to top spot in a year.

Hopefully he fucks it up and is sacked

And comes home.
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sun Dec 06, 2020 6:14 pm

Bump
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Marsbar100 » Sun Dec 06, 2020 6:15 pm

Maureens still the best
Aaron Ramsey aka "The Drought Killer" 2008-2019
Marsbar100
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner

Postby themessiah » Sun Dec 06, 2020 6:18 pm

Marsbar100 wrote:Maureens still the best

People laugh and mock Jose for being “finished” and “park the bus manager” but it’s the simple fact that he’s one of the most intelligent. He knows this Tottenham side aren’t incredible defensively. So he makes them all defend. He grinds out results with Tottenham and wins
Image Image
themessiah
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Ach » Sun Dec 06, 2020 6:19 pm

Only Chelsea have scored more than Jose in the league this season

But but defensive.
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby KG3 » Sun Dec 06, 2020 6:25 pm

Marsbar100 wrote:Maureens still the best

Was never a question Carlo is not bad either can’t do much with that squad and lack of funds, he’s over achieving if anything
KG3
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Salibatelli » Sun Dec 20, 2020 9:28 am

This thread looks ridiculous now, 74% voted for a manager with zero experience vs a guy who’s won everything, seriously?

As for who has done better, it’s an open and shut case Mourinho and Ancelotti and universes ahead of Arteta, Arteta is nothing more than an assistant that helps put cones out and brings to a tea and biscuits, we’re paying the guy millions for the privilege.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby Power n Glory » Sun Dec 20, 2020 9:46 am

Özim wrote:This thread looks ridiculous now, 74% voted for a manager with zero experience vs a guy who’s won everything, seriously?

As for who has done better, it’s an open and shut case Mourinho and Ancelotti and universes ahead of Arteta, Arteta is nothing more than an assistant that helps put cones out and brings to a tea and biscuits, we’re paying the guy millions for the privilege.

Bunch of idiots. Sums the club up.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby Salibatelli » Sun Dec 20, 2020 10:08 am

Power n Glory wrote:
Özim wrote:This thread looks ridiculous now, 74% voted for a manager with zero experience vs a guy who’s won everything, seriously?

I could understand a few people voting for Arteta, but 74% really.

I think the fan base are just too easy going and still believe in this fantasy scenario Wenger first introduced, there’s also this thing about having to give someone plenty of time and making excuses for them because it seems to be the right thing to do and the poor old manager (earning millions a year btw) hasn’t had the support and it’s not been fair for him.

We’re a top club, it’s about results and whilst it’s fine to give someone time if you can see obvious progress and a plan, it’s just wrong to give some guy who basically uses a hit and hope strategy more time.

Contrary to what some believe this club is not morally superior, quite the opposite look at their behaviour in the last 15 years, other top clubs have the right idea, challenge or win or you’re out.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby Power n Glory » Sun Dec 20, 2020 10:34 am

Özim wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:

I think the fan base are just too easy going and still believe in this fantasy scenario Wenger first introduced, there’s also this thing about having to give someone plenty of time and making excuses for them because it seems to be the right thing to do and the poor old manager (earning millions a year btw) hasn’t had the support and it’s not been fair for him.

We’re a too club, it’s about results and whilst it’s fine to give someone time if you can see obvious progress and a plan, it’s just wrong to give some guy who basically uses a hit and hope strategy more time.

Contrary to what some believe this club is not morally superior, quite the opposite look at their behaviour in the last 15 years, other top clubs have the right idea, challenge or Ancelotti win or you’re out.

Yep. Here we are. As poor as we've been I'm still hearing arguments everywhere about keeping him on and passing up opportunities to sign Allegri or Poch. Delusional stuff and it's a path to failure. We've got front row tickets to watch this disaster.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby Salibatelli » Sun Dec 20, 2020 10:53 am

Power n Glory wrote:
Özim wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:

We’re a too club, it’s about results and whilst it’s fine to give someone time if you can see obvious progress and a plan, it’s just wrong to give some guy who basically uses a hit and hope strategy more time.

Contrary to what some believe this club is not morally superior, quite the opposite look at their behaviour in the last 15 years, other top clubs have the right idea, challenge or Ancelotti win or you’re out.

Yep. Here we are. As poor as we've been I'm still hearing arguments everywhere about keeping him on and passing up opportunities to sign Allegri or Poch. Delusional stuff and it's a path to failure. We've got front row tickets to watch this disaster.

Totally delusional I agree, the facts are there in black and white, he’s been here a year, has signed a fair few players and has had enough time to implement a playing style and to get much better results.

To me and to most it’s pretty clear he’s not up to it, seems the delusional club don’t think so though as I see he’s still in the job, there’s no hope for this club, it’s got a losers mentality that gets worse over time, we’re not too big to get relegated and with a guy this bad in charge it’s a real possibility.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby theHotHead » Sun Dec 20, 2020 12:37 pm

Ancelotti has done the best comfortably because Spurs had a good squad when Maureen took over, Everton's was and still is weak.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Ach » Sun Dec 20, 2020 1:02 pm

Tbf what Ancelotti has done is brilliant

Look at DCL. Top quality. Saw the problems they had in midfield and changed it by bringing in 3 players that would walk in to our team.

Michael Keane who was absolute dog is reborn. Mina is a beast. Digne best lb not named Robertson in the country. They get a decent keeper and top 4 is theirs.

Jose took a squad in disarray from 14th to where they are now.

Arteta is laughable.
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby Salibatelli » Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:31 am

Anyone care to explain their decision to pick Arteta over Ancelotti and the basis for this, I’d be very interested?
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby Nuggets » Mon Dec 21, 2020 1:44 pm

[quote="Özim"]Anyone care to explain their decision to pick Arteta over Ancelotti and the basis for this, I’d be very interested?[/quote]

So would I. ;)
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk