Arteta vs Ancelotti vs Mourinho

Arsenal news and interviews
Discuss anything Arsenal related, players, tactics etc.

Who would you prefer?

Arteta
19
66%
Ancelotti
10
34%
 
Total votes : 29

Re: Arteta vs Ancelotti vs Mourinho

Postby Dejan » Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:20 pm

LMAO wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
Ach wrote:Don't think anyone seriously wanted Arteta over Jose.

Would be ludicrous if anyone did


Yes, quite a few folks.


Hi.

4 shots, 2 on target

That's not sustainable.
.


This is some weird post tbh. You are picking out ONE game where they duck in, scored, and won. And then its not sustainable, while completely ignoring that they have, after chelsea, the highest goals scored in the league and the lowest goals conceded

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G935F met Tapatalk
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
User avatar
Dejan
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 27025
Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 1:37 pm

Re: Arteta vs Ancelotti vs Mourinho

Postby Santi » Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:36 pm

Also it's the exact tactic vs big teams that Arteta has been praised for, only Jose get's the results in the league where it matters more.
Image
User avatar
Santi
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 38478
Joined: Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:11 am

Re: Arteta vs Ancelotti vs Mourinho

Postby KG3 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:07 pm

Ancelotti has Calvert Lewin looking good that’s a difference a top manager can do because that guy was no better than Nketiah before.
User avatar
KG3
Poster Of The Month
Poster Of The Month
 
Posts: 4800
Joined: Sun Mar 08, 2015 3:35 pm

Re: Arteta vs Ancelotti vs Mourinho

Postby Özim » Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:15 pm

Arteta has Aubameyang looking like Nketiah on the other hand!
Özim
Tony Adams
Tony Adams
 
Posts: 3019
Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:26 pm

Re: Arteta vs Ancelotti vs Mourinho

Postby Ach » Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:31 pm

Look at what Jose is doing with son and Kane, Ancelotti with richarlison and DCL

Then look at Arteta with Auba and Laca.

Would laugh if it wasn't so pathetic
Ach
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 19875
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:25 pm

Re: Arteta vs Ancelotti vs Mourinho

Postby Özim » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:02 pm

The other thing about Lampard and Solkjaer compared to Arteta is that they actually had managed clubs before, it wasn’t just a punt in the dark, they’d at least shown something, Arteta was basically hype with no concrete evidence to show he was capable of managing.

People preferring him to the likes of Mourinho or Ancelotti on a football basis along isn’t particularly logical based on evidence.
Özim
Tony Adams
Tony Adams
 
Posts: 3019
Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:26 pm

Re: Arteta vs Ancelotti vs Mourinho

Postby jayramfootball » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:27 pm

Özim wrote:Arteta has Aubameyang looking like Nketiah on the other hand!


Auba's awful start to the season has nothing to do with Arteta - it's all on Auba.
Time for him to pull his finger out against Leeds today.
No matter how bad it gets, at least we don't have to put up with Wenger anymore
User avatar
jayramfootball
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee
 
Posts: 8437
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:58 pm
Location: Midlands UK

Re: Arteta vs Ancelotti vs Mourinho

Postby Özim » Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:21 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
Özim wrote:Arteta has Aubameyang looking like Nketiah on the other hand!


Auba's awful start to the season has nothing to do with Arteta - it's all on Auba.
Time for him to pull his finger out against Leeds today.


No it’s Artetas fault we’re not creating anything for him and that he’s stuck on the wing, he didn’t have a shot on goal in the last match and has had less shots than Maguire this season, that’s down to playing style.
Özim
Tony Adams
Tony Adams
 
Posts: 3019
Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:26 pm

Re: Arteta vs Ancelotti vs Mourinho

Postby LMAO » Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:45 pm

Dejan wrote:
LMAO wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
Ach wrote:Don't think anyone seriously wanted Arteta over Jose.

Would be ludicrous if anyone did


Yes, quite a few folks.


Hi.

4 shots, 2 on target

That's not sustainable.
.


This is some weird post tbh. You are picking out ONE game where they duck in, scored, and won. And then its not sustainable, while completely ignoring that they have, after chelsea, the highest goals scored in the league and the lowest goals conceded

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G935F met Tapatalk


Scoring Efficiency (goals/shots on target) of Other Notable League Sides Since 2010
2018-19 Liverpool: 41.0%
2017-18 Juventus: 40.8%
2011-12 Real Madrid: 40.7%
2010-11 Barcelona: 40.7%
2019-20 Bayern Munich: 40.2%
2017-18 Manchester City: 40.1%
2015-16 Leicester City: 38.0%
2019-20 Liverpool: 37.4%
2016-17 Real Madrid: 37.1%
2014-15 Barcelona: 36.8%
2018-19 Manchester City: 36.8%
2012-13 Bayern Munich 35.6%

Tottenham's Scoring Efficiency under Pochettino (and Mourinho)
2014-15: 31.0%
2015-16: 27.2%
2016-17: 32.7%
2017-18: 33.3%
2018-19: 35.5%
2019-20: 36.1%

2020-21 Tottenham through 9 games: 44.7%

data from fbref

If Spurs are still as clinical through 23 games, then fair enough, there might be something there. But, right now, I believe they're overperforming (like our 22 game unbeaten streak under Emery), and I'll be surprised if their efficiency remains better than most of the best club sides (and Leicester) in the best leagues of the 2010s. Tottenham's scoring efficiency under Mourinho this season is a mirage, and they aren't truly 23.8% more clinical than last season.
User avatar
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019
 
Posts: 9379
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:53 pm

Re: Arteta vs Ancelotti vs Mourinho

Postby theHotHead » Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:36 pm

Özim wrote:Spurs were below us in 14th when Mourinho took over, now they currently sit top, we’re 11th and no better off at all position wise

Spurs had a better squad than Arteta when Maureen joined them.
User avatar
theHotHead
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee
 
Posts: 9985
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:44 am
Location: Norf Landon

Re: Arteta vs Ancelotti vs Mourinho

Postby theHotHead » Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:38 pm

Ach wrote:Don't think anyone seriously wanted Arteta over Jose.

Would be ludicrous if anyone did

I wouldn't want that classless prick Mourinho at Arsenal under any circumstances.

So if its a choice between Maureen and Arteta, I'd choose Arteta. I would stop supporting arsenal if Mourinho ever got appointed.
User avatar
theHotHead
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee
 
Posts: 9985
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:44 am
Location: Norf Landon

Re: Arteta vs Ancelotti vs Mourinho

Postby KG3 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:11 pm

theHotHead wrote:
Özim wrote:Spurs were below us in 14th when Mourinho took over, now they currently sit top, we’re 11th and no better off at all position wise

Spurs had a better squad than Arteta when Maureen joined them.


So? When Rodgers took over Leicester there squad was worse than ours, it still is actually having a better squad is no excuse take Chelsea 15-16 for example title winning squad the season before then they finished 10th the year after behind the likes of West Ham and stoke city.

Managers make a big difference when it comes to these sort things
User avatar
KG3
Poster Of The Month
Poster Of The Month
 
Posts: 4800
Joined: Sun Mar 08, 2015 3:35 pm

Re: Arteta vs Ancelotti vs Mourinho

Postby Power n Glory » Wed Nov 25, 2020 3:05 pm

KG3 wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
Özim wrote:Spurs were below us in 14th when Mourinho took over, now they currently sit top, we’re 11th and no better off at all position wise

Spurs had a better squad than Arteta when Maureen joined them.


So? When Rodgers took over Leicester there squad was worse than ours, it still is actually having a better squad is no excuse take Chelsea 15-16 for example title winning squad the season before then they finished 10th the year after behind the likes of West Ham and stoke city.

Managers make a big difference when it comes to these sort things


Yep agree. This season we're currently behind Leicester, Southampton, Everton Villa, West Ham, Wolves, Utd and Palace in the league. Our squad isn't this poor and it comes back to management.
User avatar
Power n Glory
David Rocastle
David Rocastle
 
Posts: 4749
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:02 pm

Re: Arteta vs Ancelotti vs Mourinho

Postby aniym » Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:30 pm

Mourinho has impressed, considering that he is used to working without budget constraints. Probably most impressive thing is that he's actually formed a working truce with Ndombele and hasn't tried to waste millions by signing loyalist players like Matic.

Ancelotti has done OK, made smart buys during the summer and quickly got rid of Moise Kean (who looks happier at PSG) and swapped in DCL, who's scoring a lot.
aniym
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp
 
Posts: 7853
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:43 am

Re: Arteta vs Ancelotti vs Mourinho

Postby theHotHead » Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:01 pm

KG3 wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
Özim wrote:Spurs were below us in 14th when Mourinho took over, now they currently sit top, we’re 11th and no better off at all position wise

Spurs had a better squad than Arteta when Maureen joined them.


So? When Rodgers took over Leicester there squad was worse than ours, it still is actually having a better squad is no excuse take Chelsea 15-16 for example title winning squad the season before then they finished 10th the year after behind the likes of West Ham and stoke city.

Managers make a big difference when it comes to these sort things

Huh?? All you have confirmed is you need to be a good manager to make something better than it actually is (Rodgers). Mourinho took over a top 4 club, all he has done is got them playing back at their level. Arteta has taken a top 6 club and made us a midtable club.

Mourinho has done nothing special. Rodgers has done far more, given the quality of Leicester's players.
User avatar
theHotHead
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee
 
Posts: 9985
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:44 am
Location: Norf Landon

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 4 guests