Arteta vs Ancelotti vs Mourinho

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Who would you prefer?

Arteta
62%
Ancelotti
38%

Total votes : 42

Re: Arteta vs Ancelotti vs Mourinho

Postby King of Highbury XIV » Wed Mar 11, 2020 1:16 pm

I’d rather have Mourinho for the simple fact that he is a winner and has experience. Not saying Ancelotti isn’t, but he’s known as a trainer for managing egos aka big club manager. That’s clearly not us. Arteta may come good down the line, but still has a lot to learn. Also lack of funding will be a hindrance.
all of my posts are my own opinion
King of Highbury XIV
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby elkanofan » Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:02 pm

Losmeister wrote:
LMAO wrote:
Marsbar100 wrote:Mourinho is a knob but you can't ignore the injuries they have, he took over a deflated team as well.

I was led to believe Spurs have a better squad than us though. Seems like Poch got them to punch above their weight for years.

yup. also... from the guardian
"Marcel Sabitzer’s two-goal blitz perfectly illustrated the reliable midfield goal threat that Tottenham have been so lacking. Remarkably no Tottenham midfielder has scored in the Premier League or Champions League since Moussa Sissoko in December. This is a failure not just of individuals but also of tactics: goalscoring midfielders are a measure of territorial dominance, of playing the game in the opposition half and creating chances in dangerous areas. But if the defence is sitting deep and the attack consists of sporadic breakaways and forlorn long balls, then the midfield is essentially a factotum: a means of shovelling the ball somewhere else, before settling in for the next wave of defensive pressure."

sound like our midfield? i mean, ozilfor one, is afraid to even shoot anymore...
and no one else has even a whiff of a goal scoring threat bout them....sad
Jose is a Dinosaur who has moaned his way into this mess.

It was clear Kane was f***ked this season and will never be the same. Injuries and rushing him back quickly for finals, WC etc.. has destroyed him. He has no excuse.

He should of brought a replacement if it was such a comcern but he didn't. Piatek while overrated was available but they didnt bother.

Now Son is injured his outdated tactics are being exposed for everyone to see.

Thank goodness we didn't get him.
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby theHotHead » Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:43 pm

I saw from a poster here that most Arsenal fans wanted Ancelotti, well not according to the vote they don't !!
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Sims » Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:23 pm

King of Highbury XIV wrote:I’d rather have Mourinho for the simple fact that he is a winner and has experience. Not saying Ancelotti isn’t, but he’s known as a trainer for managing egos aka big club manager. That’s clearly not us. Arteta may come good down the line, but still has a lot to learn. Also lack of funding will be a hindrance.

mourinho certainly winning a lot this season
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby King of Highbury XIV » Fri Mar 13, 2020 2:05 pm

Sims wrote:
King of Highbury XIV wrote:I’d rather have Mourinho for the simple fact that he is a winner and has experience. Not saying Ancelotti isn’t, but he’s known as a trainer for managing egos aka big club manager. That’s clearly not us. Arteta may come good down the line, but still has a lot to learn. Also lack of funding will be a hindrance.

mourinho certainly winning a lot this season

I would still take his resume and his current results with an injury ridden spuds team than Ancelotti who just suffered his worst defeat as a coach and Arteta who lacks experience and who will also lack funding. Guarantee you spuds will be better than us next season.
all of my posts are my own opinion
King of Highbury XIV
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby theHotHead » Fri Mar 13, 2020 4:13 pm

If I was a betting man I would definitely take that bet !!
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Angelito » Sat Mar 14, 2020 12:05 pm

Mourinho is finished. He's done.

Ancelotti still has that fatherly vibes, so players would love him at certain clubs.

Mourinho is toxic who's man-management was a strength when he had warriors in his side. He lost the dressing room at Real and since then, he's never managed not to lose a dressing room. His park-the-bus tactics don't work anymore either, and he's never managed to get his side to play football.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sat Mar 14, 2020 1:30 pm

Angelito wrote:Mourinho is finished. He's done.

Ancelotti still has that fatherly vibes, so players would love him at certain clubs.

Mourinho is toxic who's man-management was a strength when he had warriors in his side. He lost the dressing room at Real and since then, he's never managed not to lose a dressing room. His park-the-bus tactics don't work anymore either, and he's never managed to get his side to play football.
Always been a fan of moureen bit this is spot on.
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby LMAO » Sun Mar 15, 2020 5:08 pm

Pretty good summary.

Going along with what you said, I'd also add that Ancelotti won't work at certain clubs where the squad has ambitions of winning because of that grandfatherly vibe. But at Napoli and Everton these days, that's absolutely where he can succeed (relatively speaking).
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby Dejan » Tue Nov 10, 2020 11:30 am

you sure? :sneaky:
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby alexafc12 » Wed Nov 11, 2020 9:42 pm

Still howl when I think back to when that Angelino pubber told us to get Remi "The French Guardiola" Garde.
alexafc12
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Angelito » Wed Nov 11, 2020 9:51 pm

Dejan wrote:

you sure? :sneaky:

2nd season Mourinho in full-swing.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:59 pm

:(
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Ach » Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:06 pm

Not getting Jose or Ancelotti continues to haunt us to this day
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:09 pm

Mourinho and Ancelotti are top managers.

Arteta is a kid who doesn't know how to manage players and has no clue about how to set up a team to score goals.
Comparisons are an insult to Mourinho and Ancelotti.
Right now we may have the worst manager in PL history in terms of experience to manage a top club and succeed.
Arteta is already toast - his useless tenure as Arsenal manager is just playing out.

We should have brought in Mourinho when we could.
We'd be title challengers by now, just as Spurs are.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk