In the news today...

Grab a chair, open a beer, and chat away! In Tribute to Drama, SE13, and Fabrestuta. R.I.P.

Re: In the news today....

Postby Ach » Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:01 am

Dear god
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby Pat Rice in Short Shorts » Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:04 pm

If people are offended by cartoons, then they CHOOSE to be offended.
Moral of the story, stop being a soft little bitch and carry on.

Being offended is a hobby these days. Beats getting on with life for so many it seems.
He/His/Non-Menstruater/Postmenopausal/non-vaginal male. Yup all man!
Pat Rice in Short Shorts
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Nuggets » Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:49 am

Pat Rice in Short Shorts wrote:

Being offended is a hobby these days. Beats getting on with life for so many it seems.

Some people who are not offended feel left out and are offended by that. ;)

Some people just need to grow up and get one with life, being offended is like a trend, it's like something out of a Monty Python sketch........Oh I am offended because nobody has offended me, don't look at me otherwise, I will be offended. :rofll:
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby VCC » Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:01 am

Nuggets wrote:
Pat Rice in Short Shorts wrote:

Some people who are not offended feel left out and are offended by that. ;)

Some people just need to grow up and get one with life, being offended is like a trend, it's like something out of a Monty Python sketch........Oh I am offended because nobody has offended me, don't look at me otherwise, I will be offended. :rofll:

Wish Monty Python was still able to do a take on Trump and Biden lol that would have been hilarious
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby LMAO » Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:41 pm

Europe has an Islamic (might be Christian too idk much about the former Soviet republics) terrorism problem.

North America has a Christian terrorism problem.

Africa has both.

Asia has Islam, Judaism, Hinduism, and Buddhism.

Antarctica has penguins.

Dunno about Australia (Christchurch is only incident I can think of off the top of my head) and South America.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby Rockape » Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:00 am

Just announced Sir Bobby Charlton, probably our greatest ever footballer has been diagnosed with dementia. A sad end for a great man.
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Phil71 » Mon Nov 02, 2020 10:38 am

Rockape wrote:Just announced Sir Bobby Charlton, probably our greatest ever footballer has been diagnosed with dementia. A sad end for a great man.

Saw that yesterday.

I've seen dementia at first hand, and it's very sad to see someone go through it.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Rockape » Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:13 pm

Phil71 wrote:
Rockape wrote:Just announced Sir Bobby Charlton, probably our greatest ever footballer has been diagnosed with dementia. A sad end for a great man.

Saw that yesterday.

I've seen dementia at first hand, and it's very sad to see someone go through it.

Yeah, me too...my Dad had it and it was a five year journey into the abyss. Was a relief when it was over.
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Phil71 » Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:59 pm

Rockape wrote:
Phil71 wrote:

Saw that yesterday.

Yeah, me too...my Dad had it and it was a five year journey into the abyss. Was a relief when it was over.

It's a bloody awful thing.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby dc16 » Mon Nov 02, 2020 5:16 pm

Rockape wrote:
Phil71 wrote:

Saw that yesterday.

As did mine.

It was a slow decline over a number of years. He was still relatively mobile up until the end but on bad days he was essentially confined to a chair in a confused state. Although it was touch I'm glad that we were able to care for him and keep him at home.
dc16
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Phil71 » Mon Nov 02, 2020 5:51 pm

dc16 wrote:
Rockape wrote:
Phil71 wrote:

Saw that yesterday.

As did mine.

It was a slow decline over a number of years. He was still relatively mobile up until the end but on bad days he was essentially confined to a chair in a confused state. Although it was touch I'm glad that we were able to care for him and keep him at home.

It's the fear in their eyes that got me.

But... there were some lighter moments in the early days.

My father in law (RIP) kept saying that his TV was turning itself over to another channel. He'd go on about it constantly. I thought his neighbours might have a control that was doing it so I checked with them. No joy. I bought a new remote control thinking it might have been faulty. The same day he rang up and said it had done it again. In the end I said to my Mrs that we'd have to get him a new TV.

Then... one day we were at his flat and I was sat on his sofa with him watching the TV. The program went to and ad break. His mind wandered off and he started looking around the room... then he shouted, "See! It's bloody turned itself over!"

:think:
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Ach » Sat Nov 07, 2020 5:48 pm

Trump loses to the other guy.
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby Phil71 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:16 pm

1.3 million over 75s have refused to pay their TV licence fee.

Good luck to them. If the BBC prosecute it will be the end of them as a publicly funded organisation.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:03 pm

Phil71 wrote:1.3 million over 75s have refused to pay their TV licence fee.

Good luck to them. If the BBC prosecute it will be the end of them as a publicly funded organisation.

The only reason I pay it is because I have a lodger, if it were just me in the house I'd tell them to do one.

Its about time those leeches started learning what its like to provide content for paying customers, not people roped into it by the nation to pay.

Too many jackasses out there using their platform for political bias rather than business.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Phil71 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:20 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
Phil71 wrote:1.3 million over 75s have refused to pay their TV licence fee.

The only reason I pay it is because I have a lodger, if it were just me in the house I'd tell them to do one.

Its about time those leeches started learning what its like to provide content for paying customers, not people roped into it by the nation to pay.

Too many jackasses out there using their platform for political bias rather than business.

And all those local radio stations with three men and a dog listening to them.

Total waste of money.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

PreviousNext

Return to The Harambee