Eddie Nketiah (14)

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Eddie Nketiah (30)

Postby jayramfootball » Fri Oct 30, 2020 1:10 pm

Another goal - love to see it.

Should have had more goals - missed some good chances last night but it's good to see kid get into scoring positions so often. He's always looking to move where the ball may break.

He has 3 goals now in 414 minutes of play across the PL, EL and League Cup.
If he can maintain that rate it is truly excellent for a 21yr old and compares well to even top strikers - a goal every 138 minutes for Arsenal's first team across the 3 competitions.

His value is going up.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Ach » Fri Oct 30, 2020 1:15 pm

Missed an absolute sitter but scored the chance after which is a good sign of a good mentality.

Not good enough overall for us but if we can get 20m+ for him from someone dumb enough to pay it, that'll be great. Eddie Howe leaving Bournemouth was a major blow for us.
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby jayramfootball » Fri Oct 30, 2020 1:23 pm

Ach wrote:Missed an absolute sitter but scored the chance after which is a good sign of a good mentality.

Not good enough overall for us but if we can get 20m+ for him from someone dumb enough to pay it, that'll be great. Eddie Howe leaving Bournemouth was a major blow for us.

He missed 3 good chances last night - so needs to get better at this level in terms of finishing.
Selling him now would be stupid - a dumb ass move.

He's now scored 10 senior goals for us in just 1700 minutes of play from the age of 17-21.
You don't sell a player like that yet.

With Balogun coming through - IF he can make the same impact Eddie has and IF he signs a new deal - we have choices.

Right now Transfermarkt values Eddie at £18m.
If he keeps scoring at the current rate he'll be worth at least £30m by the end of the season.

Dont forget Auba and Laca are on their last legs - they are not going to be Arsenal players for much longer. Simply are not part of our future. I'd prefer us not to have to splash huge amounts fo cash on a player in 2 years time - a play the lottery on whether we'll actually get someone who can provide the goals.

If we can sign Balogun up and he can mature at a decent rate - we have Eddie, Martinelli and Balogun.
Players like Calvert Lewin show what can happen if you give young players a chance instead of splashing cash on the latest mercenary.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby jayramfootball » Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:16 pm

Rayyo wrote:the kid smashes goals in for the unders and also england juniors so he clearly has something. he is a bit underwhelming for us in the first team and misses quite a lot of chances but i wouldnt write him off yet, things could change quite quickly with more game time under his belt + maturity.

his movement is very good so at least he's getting in the right positions. but if a decent offer came in then we should take it and re-invest in an aouar type player.

i mean we should easily be getting 30m for him as he has a lot of potential and has broken records for the juniors. and seeing as brewster, who has 0 PL minutes, went for 20m its something we should be aiming for. the problem is i dont have faith our hierarchy will even get 20m for him. if it was liverpool they'd probably get 35m for him.

He's also scoring for the 1st team.
We won't get 30m for him.
I believe Arsenal will see how he does this year and depending on that make a decision on whether he warrants the next step up in terms of game time and starting more games.
Right now he is on course to get 15-20 goals for the first team this season across all competitions - if he does that he'll break through further for us next season.
Calvert Lewin had his breakthrough season of 15 goals last year at the age of 22.
Eddie is 21.

Selling off young players and relying on huge transfers to keep us competitive is a fools game.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Marsbar100 » Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:20 pm

Good prospect
Aaron Ramsey aka "The Drought Killer" 2008-2019
Marsbar100
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner

Postby jayramfootball » Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:25 pm

Rayyo wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Rayyo wrote:the kid smashes goals in for the unders and also england juniors so he clearly has something. he is a bit underwhelming for us in the first team and misses quite a lot of chances but i wouldnt write him off yet, things could change quite quickly with more game time under his belt + maturity.

his movement is very good so at least he's getting in the right positions. but if a decent offer came in then we should take it and re-invest in an aouar type player.

i mean we should easily be getting 30m for him as he has a lot of potential and has broken records for the juniors. and seeing as brewster, who has 0 PL minutes, went for 20m its something we should be aiming for. the problem is i dont have faith our hierarchy will even get 20m for him. if it was liverpool they'd probably get 35m for him.

He's also scoring for the 1st team.
We won't get 30m for him.
I believe Arsenal will see how he does this year and depending on that make a decision on whether he warrants the next step up in terms of game time and starting more games.
Right now he is on course to get 15-20 goals for the first team this season across all competitions - if he does that he'll break through further for us next season.
Calvert Lewin had his breakthrough season of 15 goals last year at the age of 22.
Eddie is 21.

that's a fair argument. i find him frustrating to watch but his stats suggest otherwise.

as i said, i think it's too early to dismiss him. lets see how he's fared at the end of the season.

in terms of the 30m, i agree we wont get that amount, but we should. he has been breaking records in the juniors (both club and country) and if liverpool can get 20m for solanke - who never scores - and 20m for brewster - who has 0 PL goals - then we should be getting 30m for him. but i dont trust the guys in charge to get anywhere near that.

I actually agree he is frustrating to watch - he doesn't bring much to the team outside the box.
He had a couple of good moments last night in the build up - contributed to 2nd goal - but generally it's his ability to find space in the box and anticipate that is his strength.

IMO he needs to get much better at long-range shooting and also find some extra confidence in finishing. It's there, because his finishing has been excellent at the lower levels, but the pressure is much higher on him now.

I think we're approaching a win / win here, though.
He either continues his trajectory for us and we benefit with goals or we sell him for a good fee in a years time.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Santi » Fri Oct 30, 2020 4:34 pm

Hi finishing was always the best bit, worrying habit of snatching at chances in the first team but hopefully with experience he becomes calmer.

I liked him in the youth teams but right now he is far from ready for our first team squad imo, shame his loan to Leeds didn't work out. It's annoying watching a player learn his trade here when he's not really close to the quality we need right now.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Losmeister » Wed Nov 04, 2020 6:29 pm

how Mrs Nketiah doingthese days? Send her my regards.

Bet Eddie likes his eggs poached as well.
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby thebigbangtheo » Sun Nov 08, 2020 5:04 pm

I believe that what Eddie needs more than anything else right now, which would go a long way to unlocking the potential bubbling away beneath the surface, is a match ball.

He knows he can score goals at this level because he has. But what if he also recognises that that only affords him to drink at the bar with Dunk, Evans, Aurier, Ritchie, Luiz, Otomendi, Kante etc, whilst looking up at the roped off VIP mezzanine floor, and hearing the voices of Henry, Wrighty and Shearer shout over 'Auba, come, we've saved you a seat'.

Coming off the pitch whilst apeing a pregnant woman reached full term, would probably be the catalyst for him to release the tension having now proven he belongs here to that most important person, himself.

Flying where ever in the world on a plane is a testament to physics, maths and engineering, but the experience of doing so in standard is vastly different to that enjoyed in first or business class.

A switch to the 4-2-3-1 formation with him as the focal point would also lean massively in his favour given his glimpses of imitating hitman 47 when in the penalty box, but that's an issue which is beyond his control.
thebigbangtheo
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby alexafc12 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 1:38 am

Scored 2 tonight for England U21.

Also missed a penalty and missed 6 'big chances'.
alexafc12
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby jayramfootball » Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:07 pm

Got to see if Auba and Laca can get going this season.
If not, Nketiah should be given more starts/ minutes over a decent run of games.
Scores hatfuls at every level he's had a decent run.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Ach » Thu Nov 26, 2020 7:12 pm

Dear god
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby KG3 » Thu Nov 26, 2020 7:36 pm

Can see why Chelsea let him go and focused on developing Abraham instead
KG3
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Marsbar100 » Thu Nov 26, 2020 7:39 pm

Needs a loan
Aaron Ramsey aka "The Drought Killer" 2008-2019
Marsbar100

Postby Ach » Thu Nov 26, 2020 7:40 pm

Marsbar100 wrote:Needs a loan

He had one. He was shit. Needs to be sold.
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk