The Wizard of Özil

Post any questions you have relating to the history of Arsenal—or read all about your beloved club.

Re: Mesut Özil (10)

Postby Nuggets » Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:14 am

VCC wrote:Can we merge this thread with the u23

:rofll: :rofll: :clap:
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby Phil71 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:58 am

Özim wrote:
Phil71 wrote:I think Arteta was given the choice of playing Ozil or having some money to spend.

So it was his decision in a way because he chose to leave him out and have the funds to bring in Partey and Gabriel. In my opinion he made the right choice.

Why would that be the case, it’s not like we make loads of money from Ozil not playing.

I understand there's a pay as you play clause in his contract that cuts it by a hefty chunk if he's not playing.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Santi » Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:31 am

VCC wrote:Can we merge this thread with the u23

Why would we do that?
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Salibatelli » Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:16 pm

Phil71 wrote:
Özim wrote:
Phil71 wrote:I think Arteta was given the choice of playing Ozil or having some money to spend.

So it was his decision in a way because he chose to leave him out and have the funds to bring in Partey and Gabriel. In my opinion he made the right choice.

Why would that be the case, it’s not like we make loads of money from Ozil not playing.

I understand there's a pay as you play clause in his contract that cuts it by a hefty chunk if he's not playing.

35k per game I believe, if he doesn’t feature we don’t pay, not a huge amount on reflection.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:52 pm

If he bags 10 assists with the U23s, bring him back in Jan.

Who am I kidding though, he's far too important to prove himself. Would walk into any team in Europe etc.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Angelito » Thu Oct 29, 2020 6:54 pm

Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby themessiah » Thu Oct 29, 2020 6:58 pm

Angelito wrote:

feeding kids out of his own pocket but this guy is the devil :sneaky2: :sneaky: :biggrin:

Just joking

Very good gesture from Mesut tbf :clap:
Image Image
themessiah
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Santi » Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:57 pm

Angelito wrote:

And yet not half the recognition that Gashford gets.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:29 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:You just haven't got the point of my post, at all is the problem.

The point wasn't whether or not Ozil is or isn't needed in the team, the point is he's now not eligible for being in the team so what's the point of discussing it? its irrelevant.

I need a million bucks, but it ain't happening and neither is Ozil playing for AFC.

He's gone, even if Arteta "needed" him and it was proven, he hasn't been registered in either the Prem or Europa, he's a dead duck as of now, never coming back, so yes, Swipes post is the epitome of irrelevant.

Stating whether or not Arteta made a mistake is one thing, but its long done now, what's the point?

I got your point, but you missed mine. It doesn't matter that Ozil isn't in the team, people said the same when emery dropped Ozil, that didn't last long. And so what, if we want to continue to call for his inclusion we will do so, we don't need you and others telling us we shouldnb't discuss him anymore. Wenger isn't here and we still discuss him. You are welcome to stop discussing it but I won't until Ozil is no longer an Arsenal player.

Exactly .......... he's not an Arsenal player anymore.

Like, literally, Arteta couldn't play him even if he had a gun to his head, he didn't register Ozil to play this season, meaning he'll never play a game till his contract expires.

At the very most he's like an Arsenal employee who's not actually working but he's not a player, players were registered so they can actually go on a football pitch.

jayramfootball wrote:Not true.
He can still play in the U23 team.
He is an Arsenal player.

Oh silly me, what was I thinking. :dontknow:

Worst rebuttal ever because you know damn well we're all talking about the Senior team.

His AFC Senior career is officially finished, there, that's clarified.

Its not a rebuttal, it's just a plain fact.
He's an Arsenal player. not in the senior squad, sure, but...
Actually his best move would be to play in the u23.
He could come out and agree to it.

Then he can show that he actually does care about Arsenal and winning his place back and will show 100% he can put aside ego. He could really help some of those young players.
On the flip side, if he says he'll play and Arsenal don; let him play there either - we'll know 100% that it's all political.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby theHotHead » Fri Oct 30, 2020 7:41 am

Santi wrote:
Angelito wrote:

Good point that. One person is doing a lot of talking about the matter, the other is dipping in his pocket and doing something about it!
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby StockGooner » Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:28 am

theHotHead wrote:
Santi wrote:
Angelito wrote:

Good point that. One person is doing a lot of talking about the matter, the other is dipping in his pocket and doing something about it!

Or it could be two players both doing something extremely good. Why dig one out and take a shot?
StockGooner
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Power n Glory » Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:40 am

StockGooner wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
Santi wrote:
Angelito wrote:

Or it could be two players both doing something extremely good. Why dig one out and take a shot?

Grade A cuntery. That's why. Credit to whoever is doing the work and not just talking because I know I'm not doing anything at all to contribute and raise money.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby swipe right » Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:42 am

Meanwhile Auba just wrapped another Lamborghini in tinfoil.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Rockape » Fri Oct 30, 2020 1:59 pm

You do know that charitable donations are tax deductable....so its us that are actually paying for those meals.

Just sayin!

Meanwhile Rashford , aged only 21 has raised his head above the parapet to fight the government for something he believes in.
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby jayramfootball » Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:31 pm

Rockape wrote:You do know that charitable donations are tax deductable....so its us that are actually paying for those meals.

Just sayin!

Meanwhile Rashford , aged only 21 has raised his head above the parapet to fight the government for something he believes in.

Tax-deductible just means you can write off the amount against your taxable income... It doesn't mean the whole amount would have otherwise been paid in tax.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

PreviousNext

Return to The History Of Arsenal Football Club