The Wizard of Özil

Post any questions you have relating to the history of Arsenal—or read all about your beloved club.

Re: Mesut Özil (10)

Postby Fran Solo » Sun Oct 25, 2020 2:54 am

theHotHead wrote:
themessiah wrote:
theHotHead wrote:He has never stated he hates the club or anyone, calm down

Rubbish Arteta came in at a difficult time, rejuvenated the club, brought positivity & belief in the team. Won a couple trophies

Oezil who hasn't done well on the pitch since late 2017, pulling out cheap PR stunts & who's agent is openly taking shots at our Manager.

Whom are u supporting?

Mate stay on topic, you seem to be getting yourself all twisted up in your knickers :lol:

Address my comment that Ozil has never stated he hates anyone. All I see is a bunch of hormonal emotional wrecks having a pop at him for no reason

Mate, if you wait for a comment like "I hate you", "I don't like you" or "I disrespect you" then I can guarantee that it will never come. Ozil won't say that. Same with the club. They never say anything bad about Ozil. They only treat him badly.
I don't know about you, but for me I think they don't like each other. And I don't need a clear official statement to see that.
Fran Solo
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby swipe right » Sun Oct 25, 2020 3:10 am

The worry is Arteta falling out with so many players in such a short time. Managers can’t afford to alienate players like this. It’s self destructive. Unless Ozil has been disruptive to the squad, and there is no evidence that he has. I can’t remember a single instance in 22 years when we saw something like this from Wenger. And god knows he had to deal with characters like Adebayor and Nasri.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Callum » Sun Oct 25, 2020 3:51 am

swipe right wrote:The worry is Arteta falling out with so many players in such a short time. Managers can’t afford to alienate players like this. It’s self destructive. Unless Ozil has been disruptive to the squad, and there is no evidence that he has. I can’t remember a single instance in 22 years when we saw something like this from Wenger. And god knows he had to deal with characters like Adebayor and Nasri.

That's true, but for years we suffered from a weak mentality amongst the squad because Wenger indulged the players too often and didn't discipline them enough. Emery lost the dressing room and the players mocked him behind his back. Arteta has come in with his non-negotiables and the cost of instilling more discipline, belief and a stronger mentality within the team has been that those who don't engage themselves and get on board are cast aside, which we have seen with Guendouzi and Ozil.

It's more than a worthy trade off in my opinion. It'd be an issue if more members of the squad or some key players didn't agree with it and fell out of favour, but they all seem to have done so bar the two we know about—one is a young talent with much to prove who has a history of disciplinary issues, and the other is a fading playmaker who fell out with the previous manager and is more focused on Twitter and Fortnite than being a football player these days. Hardly a huge loss.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby VCC » Sun Oct 25, 2020 3:55 am

swipe right wrote:The worry is Arteta falling out with so many players in such a short time. Managers can’t afford to alienate players like this. It’s self destructive. Unless Ozil has been disruptive to the squad, and there is no evidence that he has. I can’t remember a single instance in 22 years when we saw something like this from Wenger. And god knows he had to deal with characters like Adebayor and Nasri.

Ozil is the only player alienated really.
Douzi was put in the wilderness as any manager would have.
And Socrates was a victim of too many CBS and age was against him combined with abilities needed to fit.
I dont think I have missed one, and as said by many Ozil decline and lack of now fitting the model was his death null imo, although how the whole thing has played out has not been pleasant. But neccessary
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby swipe right » Sun Oct 25, 2020 6:00 am

Callum wrote:

That's true, but for years we suffered from a weak mentality amongst the squad because Wenger indulged the players too often and didn't discipline them enough. Emery lost the dressing room and the players mocked him behind his back. Arteta has come in with his non-negotiables and the cost of instilling more discipline, belief and a stronger mentality within the team has been that those who don't engage themselves and get on board are cast aside, which we have seen with Guendouzi and Ozil.

It's more than a worthy trade off in my opinion. It'd be an issue if more members of the squad or some key players didn't agree with it and fell out of favour, but they all seem to have done so bar the two we know about—one is a young talent with much to prove who has a history of disciplinary issues, and the other is a fading playmaker who fell out with the previous manager and is more focused on Twitter and Fortnite than being a football player these days. Hardly a huge loss.

That’s all well and good. But between Ozil, Guendozi, Torreira and Saliba he’s sidelined 100 mil dollars worth of talent. Do we have a squad good enough to accommodate that? With the exception of Saliba, it doesn’t look like there is any way back for the other three. It also crushes their transfer value. We have no negotiating power next summer when it comes to fees for Guendozi and Torreira. This strikes me as immature.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Callum » Sun Oct 25, 2020 2:54 pm

swipe right wrote:
Callum wrote:

That’s all well and good. But between Ozil, Guendozi, Torreira and Saliba he’s sidelined 100 mil dollars worth of talent. Do we have a squad good enough to accommodate that? With the exception of Saliba, it doesn’t look like there is any way back for the other three. It also crushes their transfer value. We have no negotiating power next summer when it comes to fees for Guendozi and Torreira. This strikes me as immature.

I think that's a bit disingenuous. Torreira has seemed unsettled since the Emery days, I really don't think his exclusion was much to do with Arteta. He was getting games then suffered a bad injury, and always seemed likely to leave as he never settled properly in England or the Premier League. He left and we replaced him with Partey so I've no qualms there.

The Saliba situation is a bit murky , but he's a young player and we've depth at centre-back. He was also signed before Arteta was here, and has never kicked a ball in a competitive game for us so it's not like he's been sidelined from the team when he'd not played for us yet. Lots of uncertainty around his situation so I'm willing to reserve judgement on him for now.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Sun Oct 25, 2020 2:57 pm

Fran Solo wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
themessiah wrote:
theHotHead wrote:He has never stated he hates the club or anyone, calm down

Rubbish Arteta came in at a difficult time, rejuvenated the club, brought positivity & belief in the team. Won a couple trophies

Oezil who hasn't done well on the pitch since late 2017, pulling out cheap PR stunts & who's agent is openly taking shots at our Manager.

Whom are u supporting?

Mate stay on topic, you seem to be getting yourself all twisted up in your knickers :lol:

Address my comment that Ozil has never stated he hates anyone. All I see is a bunch of hormonal emotional wrecks having a pop at him for no reason

Mate, if you wait for a comment like "I hate you", "I don't like you" or "I disrespect you" then I can guarantee that it will never come. Ozil won't say that. Same with the club. They never say anything bad about Ozil. They only treat him badly.
I don't know about you, but for me I think they don't like each other. And I don't need a clear official statement to see that.

Exactly correct, but Ozil is the one encouraging his team, Ozil is the one still training, Ozil is the one making himself available to play. The club are being f***ing idiots. It is not for Ozil to expose anything all he can do is make himself available, the club needs to put this to bed with a statement explaining why, not the bullcrap we heard from Arteta that is easy as piss to debunk.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Phil71 » Sun Oct 25, 2020 2:59 pm

Is he still here?
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Oct 25, 2020 3:45 pm

Phil71 wrote:Is he still here?

Nope, he's been unregistered in the Prem and Europa so that's it, Ozil is never playing another game in an Arsenal shirt ever again.

............ yet we're still banging on about him.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby UFGN » Sun Oct 25, 2020 4:11 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:

Nope, he's been unregistered in the Prem and Europa so that's it, Ozil is never playing another game in an Arsenal shirt ever again.

At this point he is employed by the club but is effectively not a player anymore

Literally as likely play for the club as Mikel's secretary
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby VCC » Sun Oct 25, 2020 6:35 pm

UFGN wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

At this point he is employed by the club but is effectively not a player anymore

Literally as likely play for the club as Mikel's secretary

But is she any good
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Santi » Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:57 pm

Laughing himself to the bank

Enjoy the next 4 days of arguments lads
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Ach » Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:58 pm

Imagine putting Ceballos in the squad and not Ozil lol
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby immsun » Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:23 pm

Yes stupid but what can you expect from a manager who thinks we are everton.
immsun
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby jayramfootball » Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:25 pm

Should be STARTING every game
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

PreviousNext

Return to The History Of Arsenal Football Club