Hamilton equals Schumacher's F1 win record

Re: Hamilton equals Schumacher's F1 win record

Postby UFGN » Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:13 pm

Power n Glory wrote:I still remember the Schumacher years. 5 titles on the bounce with Ferrari. That was dominance. At the time he wasn't appreciated for it.

With F1 it's not like Touring Cars or Nascar. If you're the best you'll end up in the best car and dominate races. They'll have to do something again to the cars to try and even it out. But it's not Kart racing. Took a while for me to accept that. The engineering part often gets overlooked and it's why there is also a Constructors championship. The teams that are far behind need to step their game up.

Lets face it, racing drivers arent easy to like. Theyre usually boring AF and always filthy rich

Schumacher was hated quite a lot because he was not only the most boring man alive but was a dirty driver. Nobody wants to see someone win anything five years in a row.

Also, back then, people who liked Schumacher were usually the same pricks who supported United even though they were from the South. W****rs, in other words

Lewis is a boring racing driver but at least hes putting that horrible smarmy t**t Schumacher in the shade, and also the Daily Mail hate his guts so he must be alright
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby Power n Glory » Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:45 am

Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby Gunpowder » Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:57 pm

Agree with Walker. Also huge difference in team mates. Hamilton's team mates won 80 races, 4 titles and he often beat them
Gunpowder
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Power n Glory » Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:18 pm

That's a good point about his teammates. Also, driving fair and clean sticks out.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby Santi » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:35 am

Hamilton hasn’t had to do those things because all the decisions have gone in his favour until recently, anytime they don’t he throws his toys out the pram. So really don’t buy this ‘he’s a nice guy’ ‘less of a bad boy than schumi’ rubbish.

Does seem quite a few in that article are butt hurt from their experiences with Michael though lol

Let’s just all agree Fernando is better than both :1990_dancing.gif:
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Power n Glory » Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:47 am

Driving clean and reacting badly to decisions are two separate things.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby Santi » Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:24 am

Power n Glory wrote:Driving clean and reacting badly to decisions are two separate things.

Yes they are, that’s why I first stated he hasn’t had to do those things before talking about how he reacts.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Power n Glory » Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:35 am

Santi wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:Driving clean and reacting badly to decisions are two separate things.

Yes they are, that’s why I first stated he hasn’t had to do those things before talking about how he reacts.

He hasn't had to drive dirty because decisions go in his favour? That doesn't make sense. You may have to explain that further.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby Gunpowder » Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:53 am

Santi wrote:Hamilton hasn’t had to do those things because all the decisions have gone in his favour until recently, anytime they don’t he throws his toys out the pram. So really don’t buy this ‘he’s a nice guy’ ‘less of a bad boy than schumi’ rubbish.

Does seem quite a few in that article are butt hurt from their experiences with Michael though lol

There is throwing his toys out and then there is 94 Adelaide or 97 Jerez
Gunpowder
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Santi » Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:50 am

Power n Glory wrote:
Santi wrote:

He hasn't had to drive dirty because decisions go in his favour? That doesn't make sense. You may have to explain that further.

He's never trailing, he's never behind. Everything goes in his favour, teammates, team calls, competition, stewards rulings (as I said until recently). He's rarely had to put up a fight so why would he need to resort to dirty tactics?

Anytime it doesn't go his way, he shows what kind of person he is and I don't doubt he would do anything necessary as well. He's ignored team orders on multiple occasions when they weren't in his favour for a start.

Most in your article showed butt hurt against Schumi because he did what it took to win. Vettel has done some similar things in recent years and had Hamilton been the one chasing all the time, I don't doubt he'd have done more dodgy tricks. Maybe not as obvious as Schumi's but thats because the sport is more sophisticated now.

I mean we're acting as if he's a perfect little angel and yet, had the russian points not been bought off his license, then he'd be 2 points away from a race ban. He just tries to play the victim everytime he does actually get punished lol.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:00 am

Gunpowder wrote:
Santi wrote:Hamilton hasn’t had to do those things because all the decisions have gone in his favour until recently, anytime they don’t he throws his toys out the pram. So really don’t buy this ‘he’s a nice guy’ ‘less of a bad boy than schumi’ rubbish.

There is throwing his toys out and then there is 94 Adelaide or 97 Jerez

Of course, and I can't see any driver ever doing those things again in today's version of the sport. Far too dangerous and too much media attention would be calling for a lifetime ban. Vettel got lucky when he did it a few years back tbh, not sure how he got away so lightly.

You'd have to be much more sneaky these days, i.e. paying Grosjean to hit your biggest rival on the first corner instead ;)
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Power n Glory » Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:06 am

Santi wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
Santi wrote:

He's never trailing, he's never behind. Everything goes in his favour, teammates, team calls, competition, stewards rulings (as I said until recently). He's rarely had to put up a fight so why would he need to resort to dirty tactics?

Anytime it doesn't go his way, he shows what kind of person he is and I don't doubt he would do anything necessary as well. He's ignored team orders on multiple occasions when they weren't in his favour for a start.

Most in your article showed butt hurt against Schumi because he did what it took to win. Vettel has done some similar things in recent years and had Hamilton been the one chasing all the time, I don't doubt he'd have done more dodgy tricks. Maybe not as obvious as Schumi's but thats because the sport is more sophisticated now.

I mean we're acting as if he's a perfect little angel and yet, had the russian points not been bought off his license, then he'd be 2 points away from a race ban. He just tries to play the victim everytime he does actually get punished lol.

Never trailing? Ok.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRSxAo1 ... e=youtu.be
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby Power n Glory » Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:13 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBguszEPkKs

I mean....we've been watching two different sports if that's your take.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby Santi » Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:20 am

lol come on, picking up on a singular comment which obviously wouldn't be applicable 100% of the time otherwise there'd be no point in championship at all. I guess Hamilton doesn't take pit stops either.

Watched the first 3, one is a tiny first corner scrap with Lando Norris in a McLaren lmao, they briefly go side by side and the fastest car comes out ahead..shock. The other two are against his teammate whom I've stated many times is the B team player and never suggested is better than Hamilton.

None of which is relevant to the point that he isn't this nice guy you make him out to be, even compared to Schumi.

You want a video?

Hamilton himself practically admitting he'll do what it takes to win. Tried to back Rosberg up into the pack so he'd steal the title last race. Like I said, just more subtle than Schumacher but same motive, same gameplan.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:29 am

Power n Glory wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBguszEPkKs

I mean....we've been watching two different sports if that's your take.

Nope, you're just arguing points that aren't being made or purposely trying to misinterpret them.

I have clearly stated:

Hamilton is a great racer
His time at McLaren was very impressive (much more so than at Mercedes)
He's the best of the current grid
He earned his #1 status at his team and therefore deserves the benefits of that
The timing of his moves have been his best asset

However, I don't believe that:

He is the best ever F1 driver
He is a nice guy
He has had to fight as hard for his titles as previous drivers
He could do anywhere near as well if he swapped seats with Vettel or Verstappen for example

So whilst you might think he's gods gift, I don't dispute his ability to overtake cars or to put in a fast lap, I dispute him being the best and think the opinions of Schumi from your article are very swayed by people who seem to hold a grudge against him.

I didn't even like Schumi when he was racing (told you Hakkinen was my guy) but his racing ability and desire to win was second to none. Lewis definitely has both in abundance as well but we all saw how he got smashed by a much inferior driver in 2016 and how he reacted, so why's he any better than Schumacher on that particular aspect?
Santi
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to Motor Sport