American Politics

Debate about anything going on in the world. Please remember, everyone has their own opinion.

Re: American Politics

Postby Pat Rice in Short Shorts » Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:56 pm

LMAO wrote:
Pat Rice in Short Shorts wrote:Just waiting for LMAO and others to wade into the Biden emails and the subsequent media coverup.

What, you're not going to comment on how wrong you were about the unmasking? Just going to conveniently skip over that news?

Also, why would I care about Russian disinformation, especially Russian disinformation for someone who isn't on the ballot?

Does it hurt knowing your entire world is crashing down around you and we're witnessing the last gasps of an administration barreling toward the end?

Huh? You sound pretty fired up in your support of corruption.

I am holding my fire until I have some time.
He/His/Non-Menstruater/Postmenopausal/non-vaginal male. Yup all man!
Pat Rice in Short Shorts
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby jayramfootball » Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:06 pm

Will be very interesting to see how many on the left really care about Biden being caught red handed enriching himself in a pay to play scheme with foreign companies.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby DiamondGooner » Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:43 am

jayramfootball wrote:Will be very interesting to see how many on the left really care about Biden being caught red handed enriching himself in a pay to play scheme with foreign companies.

They don't give a fk.

All they think is ......... "Well, at least he's not Trump".

Honestly as someone with no party affiliation its just the blatant hypocrisy that sticks in my craw.

They're acting the same way they did when Hillary was running, basically not taking Trump seriously (again) or his voter base, this is the main reason I want Trump to win, the lolz will be exceptional.

When the Democrats are finally humbled and stop p*ssing around playing what's amounted to the most pathetic political games I've ever seen in my days and actually straighten themselves out and put forward a proper candidate I may be back on board, but for now, nope.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Yago » Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:01 am

jayramfootball wrote:Will be very interesting to see how many on the left really care about Biden being caught red handed enriching himself in a pay to play scheme with foreign companies.

These fantasies you make up in your mind really are fascinating.
Yago
2018 World Cup Predictions League Winner
2018 World Cup Predictions League Winner

Postby LMAO » Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:26 am

Pat Rice in Short Shorts wrote:
LMAO wrote:
Pat Rice in Short Shorts wrote:Just waiting for LMAO and others to wade into the Biden emails and the subsequent media coverup.

What, you're not going to comment on how wrong you were about the unmasking? Just going to conveniently skip over that news?

Also, why would I care about Russian disinformation, especially Russian disinformation for someone who isn't on the ballot?

Does it hurt knowing your entire world is crashing down around you and we're witnessing the last gasps of an administration barreling toward the end?

Huh? You sound pretty fired up in your support of corruption.

I am holding my fire until I have some time.

Imagine talking about supporting corruption when you're happily voting for Trump. The lack of self-awareness. Pot, meet kettle.

And "Huh?" indeed. Don't be a useful idiot to Russian disinformation. Be better than Giuliani.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby LMAO » Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:30 am

DiamondGooner wrote:When the Democrats are finally humbled and stop p*ssing around playing what's amounted to the most pathetic political games I've ever seen in my days and actually straighten themselves out and put forward a proper candidate I may be back on board, but for now, nope.

The Democratic Party regrets missing out on your vote.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby LMAO » Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:35 am

UFGN wrote:
LMAO wrote:
Angelito wrote:The liberals here—your thoughts on Amy Coney Barrett?

You mean Justice Handmaid?

She'll be irrelevant in a year after Biden expands the SCOTUS.

I hate everything about the way the US Supreme Court is picked but I honestly think Biden will and should even out the numbers

Having the president pick judges is not the way to hold power to account. IMO let Biden do what hes going to do, then you need constitutional change to find a new way of picking Justices

I would suggest Justices nominated by the other Justices as follows

1) An interim arrangement (which would last decades) which would see an equal number of the current justices picked by republican and democrat presidents, appoint a new justice. If the political numbers are uneven at the time, justices nominated by the over-represented party would draw lots to decide who sits out the process

2) Once the number of Justices selected as above reaches a pre agreed number, say seven or eight, then moving forward only they would appoint new Justices

Buttigieg had a solution to fix the SCOTUS: 5 justices affiliated with Democrats, 5 justices affiliated with Republicans, and 5 apolitical justices chosen by the Democratic and Republican justices.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby Angelito » Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:37 am

LMAO wrote:

So only one more year of pro-rape? :hiding:

Won't Barrett be the 6th Christian fundamentalist judge in the supreme court, if sworn in?
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby LMAO » Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:02 am

Angelito wrote:
LMAO wrote:

So only one more year of pro-rape? :hiding:

Won't Barrett be the 6th Christian fundamentalist judge in the supreme court, if sworn in?

She'd be the sixth Catholic (Roberts, Thomas, Alito, Sotomayor, Kavanaugh). There's also two Jews (Breyer, Kagan) and one Protestant (Gorsuch).
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby Royal Gooner » Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:00 am

LMAO wrote:
UFGN wrote:
LMAO wrote:

I hate everything about the way the US Supreme Court is picked but I honestly think Biden will and should even out the numbers

Having the president pick judges is not the way to hold power to account. IMO let Biden do what hes going to do, then you need constitutional change to find a new way of picking Justices

1) An interim arrangement (which would last decades) which would see an equal number of the current justices picked by republican and democrat presidents, appoint a new justice. If the political numbers are uneven at the time, justices nominated by the over-represented party would draw lots to decide who sits out the process

2) Once the number of Justices selected as above reaches a pre agreed number, say seven or eight, then moving forward only they would appoint new Justices

Buttigieg had a solution to fix the SCOTUS: 5 justices affiliated with Democrats, 5 justices affiliated with Republicans, and 5 apolitical justices chosen by the Democratic and Republican justices.

The same guy who ran away after he got a little bloody nose after slipping a little following initial success?
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby jayramfootball » Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:10 am

The SC is turning towards an originalists interpretation of the Constitution.
It's doing so because that is what the democratic republic of the USA has decided, using the electoral and governmental system that has worked for hundreds of years.

As usual, when the left doesn't like the result, they want to change the rules so they can get what they want.

There is no problem at all with having 6 Republican appointments to the bench. The associates on the SC only have one guiding principle - and that is the Constitution and the Bill of Rights. They are a check on Congress and the Executive branch - as intended - to ensure illegitimate laws are not passed and enforced onto the people.

What the left seem to want is representation on the court of an political IDEOLOGY - and that is wholly wrong.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby jayramfootball » Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:16 am

LMAO wrote:
UFGN wrote:
LMAO wrote:

What a stupid idea - aligning the court to political parties.
Anyone who would come up with such a stupid idea has a fundamental misunderstanding of the role of the SC and the judicial system in the USA as a whole.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby jayramfootball » Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:28 am

DiamondGooner wrote:

They don't give a fk.

All they think is ......... "Well, at least he's not Trump".

Honestly as someone with no party affiliation its just the blatant hypocrisy that sticks in my craw.

They're acting the same way they did when Hillary was running, basically not taking Trump seriously (again) or his voter base, this is the main reason I want Trump to win, the lolz will be exceptional.

When the Democrats are finally humbled and stop p*ssing around playing what's amounted to the most pathetic political games I've ever seen in my days and actually straighten themselves out and put forward a proper candidate I may be back on board, but for now, nope.

Well the hypocrisy goes both ways - but I still think it's probably 10% on both extremes that are screwing up this world.
Looking back I actually think it was the far right that turned all this political crap up to a 10 (from where it had always been a 6 or 7) after Obama was elected. They couldn't accept a black guy as President. The left have turned it up to a 20 since then and it's getting worse. It would be all just a big joke if were not for the fact that these extremists seem to hold the levers of power and the rest of us have to suffer.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:10 am

LMAO wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:When the Democrats are finally humbled and stop p*ssing around playing what's amounted to the most pathetic political games I've ever seen in my days and actually straighten themselves out and put forward a proper candidate I may be back on board, but for now, nope.

Its middle America you should be worried about not me.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby UFGN » Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:31 am

DiamondGooner wrote:
LMAO wrote:

Its middle America you should be worried about not me.

RNC never wanted Trump and put up bullshit candidates so ended up with him a f***ing clown and corrupt, shit businessman.... but you never have anything to say about that

Dems ended up with Hillary Clinton, former Secretary Of State and Joe Biden, former Vice President..... poor candidates yes but top draw compared to Trump
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

PreviousNext

Return to The Big Debate