Mattéo Guendouzi

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Re: Mattéo Guendouzi (on loan - Hertha BSC)

Postby NovaGB » Fri Oct 09, 2020 4:58 pm

gamechannel wrote:
NovaGB wrote:
Ach wrote:
Callum wrote:
Ach wrote:Good luck to the lad. Treated disgustingly by a muppet manager.

Go have a great loan

Why do you dislike Arteta so much? Is it simply because you wanted Ancelotti?

One of our worst players ever becomes our manager. Needed to hit the ground running. Failed that. Pre lockdown was as bad as anything I've seen at this club in all my years following this once great club.

Won the cup, delighted. Thought we'd push on. Nope. It's just papering over the cracks. The lies he's told us, the bs he talks, the football we play.

I'm more surprised you don't hate him but I get the he's Arsenal manager so must be good stance you take. You've done it with players over the years and now with a manager.

Arteta was not world class, but one of the worst ever? exaggeration i'm guessing when we have had players like John Jensen, Glenn Helder, Kaba Diawara, Andre Santos, Igor Stepanovs etc?

Really? You're going to cite players like Jensen, Diawara etc al to defend Arteta as a player. He was a panic buy and offered little to nothing but sideways passes and occasional panelty kicks. Arteta may have the genes to become a great manager one day but he was a terrible player who had no business starting as many games as he did for a club like Arsenal.

Really? because he was not 1 of our worst players ever, thats why, there was far worse, read the post i'm replying to you mong.
NovaGB
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Ach » Fri Oct 09, 2020 11:03 pm

Matteo Guendouzi has claimed that his Arsenal career is not over, despite having slipped down the pecking order at the Emirates Stadium leading to a loan for the 2020-21 campaign.

The France Under-21 international fell out of favour under Mikel Arteta at Emirates Stadium, playing just two matches in all competitions following the resumption of the coronavirus-hit 2019-20 season back in June.

Although the 21-year-old decided to make the move to Hertha Berlin in the summer transfer window, he has denied suggestions that he is finished at Arsenal.
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby swipe right » Sat Oct 10, 2020 12:35 am

Reminds me of Szczesny. Talented kid but getting too much too soon went to his head. Hope he gets it together.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Angelito » Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:45 pm

Speedy recovery.

The idea of hosting international games amidst a global pandemic has been nothing short of disgraceful.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Sims » Thu Oct 15, 2020 1:16 pm

We got another set of international fixtures next month

UEFA love the cash money
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Marsbar100 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:44 pm

Uefa messed the euros up with more teams, allowing 3 teams a group to qualify.

They have also created a competition that was unnecessary
Aaron Ramsey aka "The Drought Killer" 2008-2019
Marsbar100
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner

Postby Ach » Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:56 pm

Nations league is fine. Last one was quality and rather that than pointless friendlies
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Angelito » Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:55 pm

If FIFA and UEFA want more football, they should simply switch to having the Euros/Copa every 2 years.

People have short attention span these days. The world has shrunk. And, unlike yesteryears, longer content whether it's cinema, literature, drama, or sports—have been phased out. It's an age of instant gratification.

So, like Wenger, I'm all for these major competitions every two years.

For example:

- Euros/Copa in 2021
- World Cup in 2022
- Euros/Copas in 2023
- Summer Break in 2024
- Euros/Copa in 2025
- World Cup in 2026

So on and so forth.

This would cut down the useless friendlies and international breaks.

4 years is a long time in today's cut-throat environment.

If they want to maintain the mythical allure of the World Cup, keep it as it is. But for the Euros and Copa, a two year interval is more than enough.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby ag6789 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:36 pm

I think footballers will be overwhelmed by the number of qualifiers they'll have to play if we have major international competitions every two years. It would disrupt regular league football completely.
ag6789
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby theHotHead » Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:53 pm

I like every four years, gives the competitions more value.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Ach » Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:47 pm

Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby swipe right » Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:50 am

Dealing with difficult players is part and parcel of the job. Vieira, RVP, Ade, Sanchez, Arshavin were all difficult to manage but we got a lot out of them. You can’t devalue a player and send him packing because he’s difficult to manage. We’ve seen Arteta do this with Ozil, Guendozi, Saliba etc. The list is getting longer.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Power n Glory » Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:51 am

swipe right wrote:Dealing with difficult players is part and parcel of the job. Vieira, RVP, Ade, Sanchez, Arshavin were all difficult to manage but we got a lot out of them. You can’t devalue a player and send him packing because he’s difficult to manage. We’ve seen Arteta do this with Ozil, Guendozi, Saliba etc. The list is getting longer.

Disagree on this one. If the world of football thought he were any good and worth the hassle he'd have found a bigger club. We didn't tank his value. Clubs are having to tighten their belts because of Covid and his bad rep would have already been out there as a troublesome player. Anelka, Saurez, Ibrahimovic, Tevez, Adebayor, Balotelli....all players have reps for being difficult but it never stopped bigger clubs putting in bids for them.

It's a shame about Guendouzi and Arteta. I liked the player but he has to put the work in and sort his attitude out. He hasn't shown exceptional talent that's convinced clubs to put up with his nonsense.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby theHotHead » Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:57 am

Power n Glory wrote:
swipe right wrote:Dealing with difficult players is part and parcel of the job. Vieira, RVP, Ade, Sanchez, Arshavin were all difficult to manage but we got a lot out of them. You can’t devalue a player and send him packing because he’s difficult to manage. We’ve seen Arteta do this with Ozil, Guendozi, Saliba etc. The list is getting longer.

Disagree on this one. If the world of football thought he were any good and worth the hassle he'd have found a bigger club. We didn't tank his value. Clubs are having to tighten their belts because of Covid and his bad rep would have already been out there as a troublesome player. Anelka, Saurez, Ibrahimovic, Tevez, Adebayor, Balotelli....all players have reps for being difficult but it never stopped bigger clubs putting in bids for them.

It's a shame about Guendouzi and Arteta. I liked the player but he has to put the work in and sort his attitude out. He hasn't shown exceptional talent that's convinced clubs to put up with his nonsense.

Yeah spot in with this, bad attitudes won't put clubs off if you can perform on a regular basis. Guendouzi has potential but he is nowhere near good enough at this point where his ability outweighs his drama.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby swipe right » Sun Dec 13, 2020 1:14 am

Seems to be doing really well. Given how piss poor our midfielders are, we should bring him back next season. Hopefully he returns as a more mature person.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

PreviousNext

Return to World Football