Arsenal Vs Portsmouth | Premiership 28/12/2008

Re: Arsenal Vs Portsmouth | Premiership 28/12/2008

Postby Andreys_Does_Simples » Sun Dec 28, 2008 4:06 pm

niko197 wrote:
Ades_Dancin_Shoes wrote:Ahh Craig Beattie you f***ing star!

Villa have a habit of getting a good result then f***ing up in their next game so let's hope for the best come Tuesday.

you're on jamaica, right!?

what are you doing here you addict!!!!???? ;)

I had to watch the match online cos the geez who was sorting out the cable said he'd be 10 mins this morning. Jen informed me 10 mins in Jamaica can be upto a week long.
Reinvestment before Renewal.
Andreys_Does_Simples
Match Reporter

Postby Trina » Sun Dec 28, 2008 4:06 pm

Fordy wrote:To be honest this is still not a good day for you pompy are a poor team at the minute and boy did you make that look hard and it sounds like it was only james been a tit that saved you. A better team would have got at least a point.

At the end of the day though it's 3 points. We struggled and shouldn't have done. But we stuck it out and bagged the points.
Le Boss
Trina
The Boss
The Boss

Postby gzagee » Sun Dec 28, 2008 4:11 pm

Ades_Dancin_Shoes wrote:
niko197 wrote:
Ades_Dancin_Shoes wrote:Ahh Craig Beattie you f***ing star!

Villa have a habit of getting a good result then f***ing up in their next game so let's hope for the best come Tuesday.

you're on jamaica, right!?

what are you doing here you addict!!!!???? ;)

I had to watch the match online cos the geez who was sorting out the cable said he'd be 10 mins this morning. Jen informed me 10 mins in Jamaica can be upto a week long.

Oh, you're a Jamaica Virgin?

Yeah, get used to it dude. Smoke an ital and do what the Romans do.
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby Andreys_Does_Simples » Sun Dec 28, 2008 4:12 pm

In one way I am....in another way I'm not :sneaky2:

Her cousins on the way over to see if he can sort it...so while I'm waiting I'm off to get the tan started!

Later kids!
Reinvestment before Renewal.
Andreys_Does_Simples
Match Reporter

Postby gzagee » Sun Dec 28, 2008 4:16 pm

Ades_Dancin_Shoes wrote:In one way I am....in another way I'm not :sneaky2:

Her cousins on the way over to see if he can sort it...so while I'm waiting I'm off to get the tan started!

Later kids!

Always lowering the tone... :snooty:

Skidaddle you smug tart!
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby SE13 » Sun Dec 28, 2008 4:17 pm

Fordy wrote:To be honest this is still not a good day for you pompy are a poor team at the minute and boy did you make that look hard and it sounds like it was only james been a tit that saved you. A better team would have got at least a point.

Not at all! The confidence has taken a battering lately, so any result in going to be a massive boost. Three points was a MUST this afternoon, three points were gained. Whether it was 10-0 or 1-0, those points matter!

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby gzagee » Sun Dec 28, 2008 8:37 pm

TBH Jayan, apart from the CC I've seen nowt to suggest Carlos be given a starting berth. What puzzled me today was when he came on he had this constant yearning to come infield. I don't know if that's AW/PR's tactics but I think he should stay wide to stretch the play.
He needs to stay wide. He did so in Spain so it shouldn't be an alien concept to him now.

Rambo definitely has a case to get a start.
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby rvtheace » Mon Dec 29, 2008 2:31 pm

I'd also like to see more of Jack, especially as we're suffering creatively.
rvtheace
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby SE13 » Tue Dec 30, 2008 1:22 am

Via E-Mail, Arsene Wenger wrote:Dear Supporter,

It was a big three points for us on Sunday because we gave a lot physically but in the end only got a disappointing point at Aston Villa. It was important to get the three points against Portsmouth because recently, no matter what we do, we are always reading bad headlines. It is important for the belief of our team to come away with three points.

We were intelligent, mature and we didn't make mistakes. In the end we won the game against a Portsmouth side who defended very deep and very well. I believe that, in the end, it was difficult to create chances but we had one or two good chances that got us the win.

We all know William Gallas can turn up on a set-piece and get goals. He started out as a striker and he looks the most likely to score from set-pieces because he has the timing of the run and you cannot teach that; you either have it or you don't. He has good timing to attack the ball.

People ask about William's future at Arsenal but he answers everybody by the quality of his performances on the pitch. That is what you want to do when you are a great player.

The result took us above Aston Villa - at least before they played Hull - and you could see again on Sunday with Chelsea drawing at Fulham that it is difficult for everybody. I believe everybody will drop points now at the beginning of the year. The other three will play against each other so for us we just need to be consistent.

We have gone six games without defeat but we just have to reduce the gap before we speak about the championship. In the last six games we have won three and drawn three and out of the three draws we were leading in every single game, against Liverpool, Middlesbrough and Villa, and the teams won't always come back to us.

It is important that we keep going. The team is maturing quickly and has shown great mental strength in the last six weeks.

Thanks for your support in 2008.

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Previous

Return to Matchday Chat 2008-09