Mattéo Guendouzi

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Re: Mattéo Guendouzi (29)

Postby theHotHead » Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:44 am

I'm a big fan of Ozil, but if Arteta thinks we are better off without him playing then I will not complain - providing we are winning games. If Arteta thinks Guendouzi needs to be shipped out then, again, you won't get any complaints from me. If making big decisions turns into big mistakes and we start losing then I will be the first to hold Arteta accountable.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Sims » Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:49 am

So if we lose a game it’s cos Ozil ain’t playing?

The same Mesut Ozil who is now rubbish and adds nothing to this team?
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Dejan » Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:14 am

Sims wrote:So if we lose a game it’s cos Ozil ain’t playing?

The same Mesut Ozil who is now rubbish and adds nothing to this team?
I think last seasons end sprint including victories over the big four proved that we are better without ozil as a team

A lose here of there doesnt change that imo

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G935F met Tapatalk
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby Nuggets » Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:12 pm

If he is not wanted he just needs to be gone free up some money for other targets.
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:57 pm

Stuck with this bum for another season it seems.

Even Sanogoal got loan deals elsewhere. This guy is toxic waste, clubs are steering clear.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby themessiah » Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:52 pm

You would think the lad was young prime Fabregas the way our fans talk about him
Image Image
themessiah
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Angelito » Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:25 pm

themessiah wrote:You would think the lad was young prime Fabregas the way our fans talk about him

No, but some fans can see that he's obviously a naturally talented lad. You don't fit hand in glove in Arsenal's midfield at 19 without the talent. He might not end up becoming world class but the talent is obviously there.

It's up to him now to decide if wants to go the Balotelli or Bendtner route or become a solid player with a great career.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby KG3 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:29 pm

I though Emery wanted him at Villarreal?

Which makes senses as Guendouzi was basically his favourite player when he was manager.
KG3
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby gooney » Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:38 pm

Angelito wrote:
themessiah wrote:You would think the lad was young prime Fabregas the way our fans talk about him

No, but some fans can see that he's obviously a naturally talented lad. You don't fit hand in glove in Arsenal's midfield at 19 without the talent. He might not end up becoming world class but the talent is obviously there.

It's up to him now to decide if wants to go the Balotelli or Bendtner route or become a solid player with a great career.

Arsenal had one of the worst midfield in pl last season. Almost every game we got dominated in midfield and end of the season we gave up on controlling the midfield. But most of our fans have short memory. West Ham game was another reminder how we desperately need atleast two new midfielders if we gonna have hope for top 4
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby ag6789 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:53 pm

Yes they should look into other markets , like South America , for quality midfielders.
Edu should have enough contacts in Brazil and Argentina to unearth some really good talent at much lesser price than in EU.
ag6789
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby gooney » Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:56 pm

ag6789 wrote:Yes they should look into other markets , like South America , for quality midfielders.
Edu should have enough contacts in Brazil and Argentina to unearth some really good talent at much lesser price than in EU.

Edu is a front for Kia. Our hopes are on kia
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby gooney » Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:09 pm

Rayyo wrote:was listening to talksport earlier and they suggested he had handed in a transfer request.

one can only hope.

hope what? the man has made it clear he doesnt want to stay, its the club that is trying to save face in public
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Pat Rice in Short Shorts » Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:23 pm

gooney wrote:
ag6789 wrote:Yes they should look into other markets , like South America , for quality midfielders.

Edu is a front for Kia. Our hopes are on kia

Does Kia represent Aouar? If so it is a done deal.
He/His/Non-Menstruater/Postmenopausal/non-vaginal male. Yup all man!
Pat Rice in Short Shorts
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby LMAO » Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:38 am

Bye.

Can't say I'll miss him. Had some good performances but think he was largely overrated based on potential I rarely saw.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby thebigbangtheo » Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:34 pm

It's only my opinion of course, but if we eventually do manage to get the Partey and Aouar deals over the line, of the current midfielders we do have whose game I think would suit and benefit most from them joining and develop exponentially, would be Guendouzi, Torreira and Smith-Rowe.

With the defensive deficiencies we've endured down the years not in need of any further highlighting, a defensive line up with the likes of Gabriel, Saliba, Mari, Tierney, Luiz inconjunction with a Partey, Torreira, Guendouzi or Elneny midfield in front of it, would banish the sleepless nights before away games at the Etihad, Anfield, Old Trafford and Stamford Bridge.
thebigbangtheo
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

PreviousNext

Return to World Football