Emiliano Martínez

All UK football including, Scottish/Irish/Welsh Leagues and Cups. Also, domestic transfer gossip and news.

Re: Emiliano Martínez (26)

Postby Angelito » Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:21 pm

Sims wrote:

Martinez: I am in love with this club, I'm so grateful to the Arsenal family for giving me the opportunity to be here over a decade & I wish Arsenal the best of luck, I hope they get back into the Champions League & win many more trophies because the Arsenal fanbase deserves that, the club as well. I just want to say to the fans that they should trust the process, they are doing a really good work with Mikel and his staff and I wish them all the best.

Classy video and a terrific way to say goodbye. :arsesmile:
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Emiliano Martínez (26)

Postby theHotHead » Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:24 pm

Goonerfromafrica wrote:We should not have sold him. Unmatched passion for the club which is a rarity these days. Not to mention that he’s one of the few of the players who have witnessed most of our transition, he would have been a good mature spirit to have around. It’s a sad day when we must look for justification in economics

The player wanted guaranteed first team football, he was going to leave anyway if he didn't get it.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Re: Emiliano Martínez signs for Aston Villa

Postby Ach » Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:43 pm

Just watched the leaving interview. I barely watch videos more than 30 seconds long but now seen aubas and Emis

Speaks well about the club. Already got him on fantasy football as well.

Need fans back for when villa come to the Emirates. Give him the rapturous applause he deserves
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Sims » Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:53 pm

Ach wrote:Just watched the leaving interview. I barely watch videos more than 30 seconds long but now seen aubas and Emis

Speaks well about the club. Already got him on fantasy football as well.

Need fans back for when villa come to the Emirates. Give him the rapturous applause he deserves

picked him with one my few draft picks remaining for this season

elite pick up tbh
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Callum » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:38 pm

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:19 pm

Buy him back when Villa get relegated. £17m as the BBC are reporting is a piece of piss for what amounts to having a fourth CB in the back line. Now we're back to having Leno punch the ball straight back into play.

People acting like this is Iwobi Mk II smh
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Angelito » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:26 pm

My fear is that Leno has been hyped beyond his ability, so the eventual cock up will bring him unwarranted criticism. He's always had that mistake in him, which is why he's not amongst the top tiers of goalkeepers.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Santi » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:49 pm

still gutted, villa look so happy about getting him. really do hope he does well but every good performance is gonna hurt a bit.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Angelito » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:02 pm

Santi wrote:still gutted, villa look so happy about getting him. really do hope he does well but every good performance is gonna hurt a bit.

Just hope those who wanted him to go, or still consider his epic run a fluke, don't celebrate every time he concedes a goal. He's at Villa, so it will be tough for him.

I hope he aces it and stars as Argentina's #1 in the Copas next year.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Sims » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:06 pm

In an ideal world we would’ve kept him but it’s just not reasonable or fair to either of our keepers

That £20m that came out of nowhere basically is far too valuable for us to progress to have either him or Leno waste away on the bench, with one of their values depreciating every time
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Angelito » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:11 pm

If the touted fee of £20m is true, he would already be our 10th most expensive departure. That's amazing money considering how poor we are at selling players.

I doubt it though. It seems to be that it's £8m initial fee, remaining £8m in installments, and a fee rising up to £20m depending on performance-based add-ons.

I don't think it's the £20m + add-ons that has been reported.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Sims » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:12 pm

Angelito wrote:If the touted fee of £20m is true, he would already be our 10th most expensive departure. That's amazing money considering how poor we are at selling players.

I doubt it though. It seems to be that it's £8m initial fee, remaining £8m in installments, and a fee rising up to £20m depending on performance-based add-ons.

Athletic say that the £20m is guaranteed with add-ons to take it past the £20m mark
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:15 pm

Would I have perferred Martinez > Leno ...........

The issue is we didn't have enough time to see if Martinez was going to carry that form over a season but if he did I would of wanted to keep Martinez.

However keeping Leno and recieving £20m to improve areas of weakness is hardly a 2nd prize.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Angelito » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:16 pm

Sims wrote:
Angelito wrote:If the touted fee of £20m is true, he would already be our 10th most expensive departure. That's amazing money considering how poor we are at selling players.

Athletic say that the £20m is guaranteed with add-ons to take it past the £20m mark

I'd hope so.

Has Orny confirmed this?
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:18 pm

Santi wrote:still gutted, villa look so happy about getting him. really do hope he does well but every good performance is gonna hurt a bit.

imo they've got a top 4 club keeper.

Emi was performing at elite level post Lockdown .......... I'd be fkin happy if I was Villa also.

Timing was perfect for them and their new keeper is better than their club standing deserves.

It would be like Crystal Palace landing Laca, they'd be ecstatic.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to Domestic Football