Arsenal Vs Liverpool | Premiership 21/12/2008

Re: Arsenal Vs Liverpool | Premiership 21/12/2008

Postby ScottishLass » Sun Dec 21, 2008 8:28 pm

Fabbyulous wrote:
ScottishLass wrote:
Fabbyulous wrote:We played well against a bloody good team, RVP's goal was actually outstanding and I have to say Alex Song was fanfuckingtastic against Stevie and XabiA.

Get over it.

Can I ask which game you were watching? Song won 2 tackles 54 minutes in and 88 minutes in. For a defensive mid - thats not acceptable. We played pretty average today - Happy with the 1-1 I guess..

Song held our midfield together. He didn't go smashing into everyone winning everything, but he strung the passes, moved bettween Xabi and Gerrard like a knife through butter and had his passing only bettered by Cesc obviously. Considering it was almost 3 on 1 at times Song didn't do badly at all.

Put a dog on the park and he will run between players and put a little bit of pressure on. As our DM we want him to win posession back or atleast break down the opposition attacks. Which he didn't do. Fair play though his passing was good today ( apart from a few long balls, which to be fair hes allowed to get wrong because everyone does :P ). For me he doesn't have the attitude to be a DM - aggressive and putting himself about. Only time will tell to see how he develops though.
ScottishLass
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby damo1583 » Sun Dec 21, 2008 8:40 pm

Ade deserved his 2 yellows, he knows the rules. First booking was stupid Webb was looking to book someone because it was flying about Lukas being the main contributer then Ade gave him an excuse, second booking he simply went over the top of the ball and with today's Robot Refs he was off.......

More worrying is the injury to Cesc, looks from the angle it is either medial crutiate or ACL damage, given the weight of challange it could be totally ruptured but on the other hand he was able to stand so fingers crossed.

The way we played in his absence was alarming to say the least with cesc looking at a minimum of 6 weeks out we are going to need some experience in the middle. IMO Wenger should be knocking Fulhams door down with cheque book in hand for Jimmy Bullard.......
Who you tryin' to get crazy with ese? Don't you know i'm LOCO?
damo1583
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby She_Gunner_Wales » Sun Dec 21, 2008 8:53 pm

damo1583 wrote:
More worrying is the injury to Cesc, looks from the angle it is either medial crutiate or ACL damage, given the weight of challange it could be totally ruptured but on the other hand he was able to stand so fingers crossed.

Arsenal.com only saying knee ligament and saying he being assessed, fingers crossed! lets hope its not ruptured or we will be without him for quite some time. :(
She_Gunner_Wales
Graphics Team

Postby Rockin' Robin » Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:48 pm

if it hasnt been said already i'd like to thank all the lads who turned up, some brilliant support, and in times like this we really need it! we never stopped singing apart from when we conceded just before h/t and even eboue got a warm reception! howard webb is the grinch who stole christmas.
Rockin' Robin
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Libertine » Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:01 am

I've no real complaints about Adebayor's sending off.
I'd be interested to know if his second was for 'studs up' or 'elbowing'.
If it was for the latter then it was a bad decision.

Thought Almunia could've done better for their goal.
Don't know why he was back-pedalling, he should've got closer to the *** c***.
Libertine
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby arseman » Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:40 am

Libertine wrote:Thought Almunia could've done better for their goal.
Don't know why he was back-pedalling, he should've got closer to the *** ****.

Keane hit the ball quite early I thought, on the half volley. It was the kind of shot that would go high or wide 9 times out of 10. Anyway I think the centrebacks should have dealt with it better.
arseman
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Good_Eye_Sniper » Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:46 am

Watched the game on MOTD2 last night, and to be honest, whilst I thought Ade's first yellow was extremely harsh, and even Hansen stuck up for him on the second yellow, I have seen players go off for less. Shame really, because in both the challeges, you could see that there was no malice of forthought involved.

Superb strike from RVP, hopefully he's getting back to his best.

I really hope there's no fresh Almunia bashing going on, because, apart from the goal, which many pundits have said, was virtually unsavable, he had an excellent game and made some fine saves.
Good_Eye_Sniper
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby djaxster » Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:48 am

bit disappointed last night i thought the mickey mousers were there for the taking.. game over as soon as ade got sent off we needed him after cesc went off.
Biggest game of the season for us boxing day agianst villa and i hope we can wipe that smug look o'neil had on his face after the west ham game a game they didn'tdeserve to win... come on the toffees tonight.
djaxster
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby djaxster » Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:56 am

damo1583 wrote:The way we played in his absence was alarming to say the least with cesc looking at a minimum of 6 weeks out we are going to need some experience in the middle. IMO Wenger should be knocking Fulhams door down with cheque book in hand for Jimmy Bullard.......

i have said this at the end of last season and the beginning of this one Bullard i think is not your world class midfielder but he would bring a lot to us hes a team player bit of a joker and would be great player as he has leadership skills aswell..
djaxster
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby SE13 » Mon Dec 22, 2008 4:00 pm

Via E-Mail, Arsene Wenger wrote:Dear Supporter,

I believe we had a nervy start on Sunday and at 1-0 we didn't have enough control of the game.

We had played a bit too deep in midfield, and in the second half we played higher up. Straight away we got more control, and I think we could have won the game. It is very disappointing because we showed great spirit, strength, and commitment but missed that thing that can make the difference when you have 10 men. It was difficult.

Emmanuel Adebayor's red card was very soft. It was 'Be A Gooner, Be A Giver' at the Emirates as the Club dedicated the matchday to our Charity of the Season, Teenage Cancer Trust, but you cannot say the referee was a Gooner. He was a giver though, giving yellow cards that we didn't deserve.

Neither of the bookings were justified. It is just an unbelievable decision; if Adebayor goes off, then Robbie Keane should have gone off in the first minute. It seems we have different rules. The decision cost us two points and I do not agree with it at all.

I am not happy about the goal we conceded because it is the second time we have conceded one like that with a ball over the top; we had the same against Aston Villa. We need to correct that, but I think even with 10 men we were solid defensively. On that front I am happy that we have improved compared to one or two months ago.

Liverpool seemed cautious when we went down to 1-0 men - I don't know if they run out of resources, or maybe they were scared they might be caught out on the break. We had a few breaks and you could smell danger, so I think Liverpool became wary.

We are eight points behind Liverpool still but the title is won in May and we are only in December. We will fight until the end, because I am convinced that Liverpool will drop more points. They have had four draws at home, so why should they not drop more in the second part of the season?

Cesc Fabregas went off at half-time with a medial knee ligament problem. I don't know how long he will be out at the moment, it is difficult to assess. Of course it is a blow, you don't want to lose a player like that, but we have to cope with it.

On behalf of everyone at Arsenal Football Club, I'd like to wish you a very merry Christmas and a happy New Year.

Thanks for your support in 2008.

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby Good_Eye_Sniper » Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:54 am

It's infuriating the Wenger keeps saying we "didn't have enough" in post match interviews, and yet persists in staying quiet in the transfer market.

I know he is referring to motivation, determination, desire, belief and all that crap, but we all know what "we didn't have enough" really amounts to :naughty:
Good_Eye_Sniper
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby bergie4ever » Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:35 pm

Another amazing goal from RVP!! :arse fan: :goal1:

Another amazing mistake from Gallas and Djourou: YOU WELCOME ROBBE THE "EX-SPUD"!! :1970_two_smileys_drinking_beer_together.gif: :hail:
bergie4ever
Charlie George
Charlie George

Previous

Return to Matchday Chat 2008-09