Arsenal Vs Liverpool | Premiership 21/12/2008

Re: Arsenal Vs Liverpool | Premiership 21/12/2008

Postby singy21 » Sun Dec 21, 2008 6:22 pm

Fabbyulous wrote:Oh f***ing hell you lot grow a pair how was it the f***ing referee's fault.

Ok maybe Ade shouldn't have had a yellow for the second but the ref booked him for the first and the second was the same thing, its called consistency Ade should have learnt from the first booking.

Couldnt agree more!

Fabbyulous wrote:We played well against a bloody good team, I have to say Alex Song was fanfuckingtastic against Stevie and XabiA.

couldnt disagree more haha!
singy21
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby essexgunner » Sun Dec 21, 2008 6:22 pm

Hi all, Just back from the pub to see the game (so not sure3 if this will make much sense)

1st yello very harsh (but he should have benn carded for the handball earlier
2nd yellow very much like Kean yellow, got the ball awakwardly and a bit of the man BUT the thing that annoys me is the grabong of his face to make a biger meal of it!!! This caused the yellow, Ade is not a dirty player and for him to get 2 yellow is a game is not normal.
essexgunner
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby essexgunner » Sun Dec 21, 2008 6:26 pm

We have played very well against another "top 4" team, lets hope we don't let our selves down against Villa (they are now in the top 4).

If we loose this game then CL is looking doubtful

This is not acceptable for a team like the Arsenal
essexgunner
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby ScottishLass » Sun Dec 21, 2008 6:30 pm

Fabbyulous wrote:We played well against a bloody good team, RVP's goal was actually outstanding and I have to say Alex Song was fanfuckingtastic against Stevie and XabiA.

Get over it.

Can I ask which game you were watching? Song won 2 tackles 54 minutes in and 88 minutes in. For a defensive mid - thats not acceptable. We played pretty average today - Happy with the 1-1 I guess..
ScottishLass
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby rogerthornhill » Sun Dec 21, 2008 7:24 pm

If AW does manage to sign some players in January then I hope that they are midfielders. When Fabregas went off three of our four midfielders were Song, Denilson and Diaby, they are all good but none of them are good enough, they simply are not Arsenal quality.
rogerthornhill
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby absolutely_fabregas » Sun Dec 21, 2008 7:37 pm

average game, liverpool are rarely involved in classics when it come to the "big 4" match ups

RVP wondergoal. if only he could do that a bit more often

Ades bookings were technically fouls, soft and f***ing annoying, and shouldnt really be, but with the gayness that surrounds top level football now they were bookings and had to go

team had some balls and fight when we went down to ten, which was encouraging but that should be normal practice
absolutely_fabregas
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby gzagee » Sun Dec 21, 2008 7:38 pm

Easy Peps!

Just got back from the game!
Sat in with the Twats in a box today. Lush!!

No way the Scouse will win the Prem, they ain't got the cahunas! :rofll:
No way Ade deserved that red.
Didn't even realise Cesc was subbed til they announced it on the tannoy. Apparently they reckon it's 6-8 weeks out. :crybaby:
Diaby although on for only a half run his legs off.
Crowd was great, spurred on by that FOOKER Webb and Scouse fans. Some great banter.
Wonderful display of heart from our boys. Right up til the end I thought we were gonna win it.
Twas a good result all things considered.
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby Fabby » Sun Dec 21, 2008 7:48 pm

ScottishLass wrote:
Fabbyulous wrote:We played well against a bloody good team, RVP's goal was actually outstanding and I have to say Alex Song was fanfuckingtastic against Stevie and XabiA.

Get over it.

Can I ask which game you were watching? Song won 2 tackles 54 minutes in and 88 minutes in. For a defensive mid - thats not acceptable. We played pretty average today - Happy with the 1-1 I guess..

Song held our midfield together. He didn't go smashing into everyone winning everything, but he strung the passes, moved bettween Xabi and Gerrard like a knife through butter and had his passing only bettered by Cesc obviously. Considering it was almost 3 on 1 at times Song didn't do badly at all.
If It Feels Good, Do It.

Van Basten
Rivaldo------------- R.Gullit
Guardiola Effenberg
R.Carlos -----------------------J.Zanetti
Costacurta M.Sammer Bergomi
GK
Fabby
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby rodney » Sun Dec 21, 2008 7:59 pm

Ade's was a definite red. He should know you can't go in with your studs up in the first place, but to be booked for it and then do the exact same thing later on is stupidity beyond belief.

Van Persie's goal was magic and he played very well along with Nasri who put in an excellent shift.

Denilson and Song aren't good enough for most mid table clubs let alone for us. Denilsons passing was all over the place as usual. Why does he do a 360 turn everytime before passing the ball as well.

Djourou needs to learn from his mistake. I still think we should stick with him ahead of Kolo. The rest of the defence played well, bar the all to ever occurring howler from Clichy which nearly cost us another goal.

Boxing day is huge.
rodney
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Fordy » Sun Dec 21, 2008 8:02 pm

rodney wrote:Ade's was a definite red. He should know you can't go in with your studs up in the first place, but to be booked for it and then do the exact same thing later on is stupidity beyond belief.

Thats what ive been saying mate Forget about if its a card or not the fact is the ref booked him which means he was not going to let that sort of tackle go which is understandable after yesterday. So to do the same thing again deserves to be a red just for been a tit.
Fordy

Postby She_Gunner_Wales » Sun Dec 21, 2008 8:03 pm

Fabbyulous wrote:
ScottishLass wrote:

Get over it.

Song held our midfield together. He didn't go smashing into everyone winning everything, but he strung the passes, moved bettween Xabi and Gerrard like a knife through butter and had his passing only bettered by Cesc obviously. Considering it was almost 3 on 1 at times Song didn't do badly at all.

2nd that, tbh i thought Song had a pretty good game alongside Cesc.
She_Gunner_Wales
Graphics Team

Postby gzagee » Sun Dec 21, 2008 8:06 pm

rodney wrote: Boxing day is huge.

Too right, mate. I think this is one we need to win. Put those Brummie upstarts in their place. :arse fan:
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby She_Gunner_Wales » Sun Dec 21, 2008 8:07 pm

gzagee wrote:
rodney wrote: Boxing day is huge.

Too right, mate. I think this is one we need to win. Put those Brummie upstarts in their place. :arse fan:

Welcome back, Rodders! good to see you here hun. ;)

Boxing day is a MUST WIN.
She_Gunner_Wales
Graphics Team

Postby CurvaSud93 » Sun Dec 21, 2008 8:26 pm

1-1 Good match but red card unfair for Adebayor...
CurvaSud93
Liam Brady

Postby Bristol_Gunner » Sun Dec 21, 2008 8:27 pm

i thought the match was so so. The first card may have been soft, the second offence was a card as he raised his arm which is always going to produce the cards. Though it spoiled the game it did bring a reaction from Arsenal showing they had some decent fight and commitment.

I thought that song, nasri, sagna, rvp were our best players. I thought diaby didnt do bad he showed good ball control but he seemed t have hleb syndrome. Dribble alot and not know what to do.

I couldnt stop laughing at Gerrad racking up the air miles. I really dont see how he can think its a penalty if gallas just runs infront of him sheilding him from the ball and not touching him.

A well atleast we didnt loose, lets have a win vs the villa and it will be a jolly xmas.
Bristol_Gunner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2008-09