Mesut Özil (10)

Arsenal news and interviews
Discuss anything Arsenal related, players, tactics etc.

Re: Mesut Özil (10)

Postby EliteKiller » Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:16 am

He may have been "world class" and maybe was once "the most talented we had" but if he'd rather be on holiday in Turkey than supporting his team mates in an FA Cup final, what more do you need to know about his character?
EliteKiller
David Rocastle
David Rocastle
 
Posts: 4062
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:48 pm

Re: Mesut Özil (10)

Postby jayramfootball » Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:18 am

EliteKiller wrote:He may have been "world class" and maybe was once "the most talented we had" but if he'd rather be on holiday in Turkey than supporting his team mates in an FA Cup final, what more do you need to know about his character?


I am sure he'd rather be playing, but Arteta does not want him.

Should he be in the stands? Yeah, probably. That said, Arteta is in the process of publicly humiliating him - I assume to try and get him to leave - so I have no problem with him not being there.

This entire debacle is of Arteta's doing.

Ozil, Guendouzi, Martinelli. All 3 have been sidelined by Arteta. We're not in a position to be able to sideline such players. Saka also seems like he may be heading into Arteta's bad books too. Our manager is acting like King Joffrey.

Image
No matter how bad it gets, at least we don't have to put up with Wenger anymore
User avatar
jayramfootball
David Rocastle
David Rocastle
 
Posts: 4635
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:58 pm
Location: Midlands UK

Re: Mesut Özil (10)

Postby jayramfootball » Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:38 pm

Update on Ozil
His holiday was approved by the club because he was not allowed to be at today's final. Only 10 non playing club memebers are allowed to attend due to Covid.
What is more interesting to this story is who said he was on holiday. If he's not allowed to attend, then why mention the holiday???
Seems to me that it's Ozil being treated incredibly poorly by Arteta.
No matter how bad it gets, at least we don't have to put up with Wenger anymore
User avatar
jayramfootball
David Rocastle
David Rocastle
 
Posts: 4635
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:58 pm
Location: Midlands UK

Re: Mesut Özil (10)

Postby Angelito » Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:43 pm

jayramfootball wrote:Update on Ozil
His holiday was approved by the club because he was not allowed to be at today's final. Only 10 non playing club memebers are allowed to attend due to Covid.
What is more interesting to this story is who said he was on holiday. If he's not allowed to attend, then why mention the holiday???
Seems to me that it's Ozil being treated incredibly poorly by Arteta.


It's not Arteta. It's Raul and Co.

Arteta has spoken well of Ozil when asked. Unlike with 'Douzi.
Image
User avatar
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 27603
Joined: Fri May 25, 2012 9:32 am
Location: The Overlook Hotel

Re: Mesut Özil (10)

Postby jayramfootball » Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:51 pm

Angelito wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:Update on Ozil
His holiday was approved by the club because he was not allowed to be at today's final. Only 10 non playing club memebers are allowed to attend due to Covid.
What is more interesting to this story is who said he was on holiday. If he's not allowed to attend, then why mention the holiday???
Seems to me that it's Ozil being treated incredibly poorly by Arteta.


It's not Arteta. It's Raul and Co.

Arteta has spoken well of Ozil when asked. Unlike with 'Douzi.


Then Arteta is weak.
No matter how bad it gets, at least we don't have to put up with Wenger anymore
User avatar
jayramfootball
David Rocastle
David Rocastle
 
Posts: 4635
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:58 pm
Location: Midlands UK

Re: Mesut Özil (10)

Postby Santi » Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:53 pm

Feels like he’s been told not to use Ozil in order to force him out. Pretty sure they were friends but if you were Arteta you’re not gonna go against the board right now either, he needs this job and needs to make it work so why fall on his sword for a once world class but now past it player?
Image
#YoPierre
User avatar
Santi
Member of the Year 2017
Member of the Year 2017
 
Posts: 35232
Joined: Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:11 am

Re: Mesut Özil (10)

Postby Tony Adams » Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:35 pm

There is no evidence of it being the board forcing ozil out and not arteta.
Image
User avatar
Tony Adams
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 36269
Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:03 pm

Re: Mesut Özil (10)

Postby aniym » Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:42 pm

Strange way to force Ozil out if he's training with the first team, being featured in promotional materials and getting time off to go sightseeing in Istanbul.
aniym
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp
 
Posts: 6821
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:43 am

Re: Mesut Özil (10)

Postby Phil71 » Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:42 pm

Angelito wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:Update on Ozil
His holiday was approved by the club because he was not allowed to be at today's final. Only 10 non playing club memebers are allowed to attend due to Covid.
What is more interesting to this story is who said he was on holiday. If he's not allowed to attend, then why mention the holiday???
Seems to me that it's Ozil being treated incredibly poorly by Arteta.


It's not Arteta. It's Raul and Co.

Arteta has spoken well of Ozil when asked. Unlike with 'Douzi.


Arteta has said he has left him out for 'purely footballing reasons'.

That to me says he has made the decision.
User avatar
Phil71
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp
 
Posts: 6155
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:04 pm

Re: Mesut Özil (10)

Postby Ach » Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:07 pm

Yup this is all on Arteta making a statement and trying to be a big man and make a name for himself

He's failed
Ach
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 15619
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:25 pm

Re: Mesut Özil (10)

Postby VCC » Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:01 pm

Should close this thread for today the guys a no show leave it at that
User avatar
VCC
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee
 
Posts: 8824
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:04 am

Re: Mesut Özil (10)

Postby Callum » Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:08 pm

irrelevant
User avatar
Callum
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 34924
Joined: Sat May 05, 2012 6:58 pm
Location: Kieran Tierney's back pocket

Re: Mesut Özil (10)

Postby Angelito » Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:11 pm

Callum wrote:irrelevant


Oh ffs. Don't give mileage to the toxicity in this thread.

Locked for 48 hours.
Image
User avatar
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 27603
Joined: Fri May 25, 2012 9:32 am
Location: The Overlook Hotel

Re: Mesut Özil (10)

Postby Angelito » Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:26 pm



Love you always, babes. :arse fan:
Image
User avatar
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 27603
Joined: Fri May 25, 2012 9:32 am
Location: The Overlook Hotel

Re: Mesut Özil (10)

Postby Callum » Sun Aug 09, 2020 10:34 pm

Image

Bloke on Ozil's left is supposedly the head coach of İstanbul Başakşehir.
User avatar
Callum
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 34924
Joined: Sat May 05, 2012 6:58 pm
Location: Kieran Tierney's back pocket

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: aniym, dc16, DiamondGooner, hs6bx, Proximic [Bot], StockGooner and 8 guests