Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Grab a chair, open a beer, and chat away! In Tribute to Drama, SE13, and Fabrestuta. R.I.P.

Which one did you get?

Pfizer-BioNTech
32%
Moderna
15%
Janssen (J&J)
6%
Oxford-AstraZeneca
29%
Sinopharm/Sinovac
No votes
Sputnik-V
No votes
Not vaccinated yet
18%

Total votes : 34

Re: Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Postby StLGooner » Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:42 am

VCC wrote:
StLGooner wrote:Has anyone on this forum tested positive?

I have a feeling I'm about to be quarantined. I've been coming into the office since April, and 1 person tested positive in here 2 weeks ago, but hasn't been back in since, and another guy has symptoms (that I just had direct contact with yesterday) and is getting tested now. So I can't imagine I'll be lucky enough to avoid not getting it, so just wondering what its going to be like when I do. I guess not everyone has symptoms though, so maybe I'll get lucky and be ok.

Stay safe m8 and we hope should you become possitive it is a mild case.
There was a case here would have to trudge through the pages to find it but off memory was described as mild

Appreciate it!

My company is so hypocritical. It's just another example here of how nobody really knows anything about this virus. My company is literally making up their own rules.

When this first broke out anyone that showed symptoms was sent home and everyone in the whole area they worked in was quarantined and the area sanitized. We just had 2 people test positive in my office one of which I had repeated direct contact with, and now they are just like "ah well, nobody needs to be quarantined and we ain't sanitizing shit". It's bananas!! :dizzy:
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Pat Rice in Short Shorts » Thu Jul 23, 2020 1:02 am

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/202 ... homes.html

40% of all C19 deaths in the US are related to care facilities.
He/His/Non-Menstruater/Postmenopausal/non-vaginal male. Yup all man!
Pat Rice in Short Shorts
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby LMAO » Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:59 pm

Herman Cain, former Republican presidential candidate, dies a month after attending Trump's Tulsa rally. He downplayed social distancing and was anti-mask.

Stupid is as stupid does is the nicest thing I have to say.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby Pat Rice in Short Shorts » Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:22 pm

LMAO wrote:Herman Cain, former Republican presidential candidate, dies a month after attending Trump's Tulsa rally. He downplayed social distancing and was anti-mask.

Stupid is as stupid does is the nicest thing I have to say.

The rally was June 20, he first tested positive on July 1 so it is very possible he got it in Tulsa.

Got your Fauchi Goggles yet?
Pat Rice in Short Shorts
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:00 pm

Pat Rice in Short Shorts wrote:The T Cell side is massive.

Remember when we were debating that "Vaccine" from that company in California?

Where are all these vaccines or anti-covid drugs now? because you were touting it as and I quote "promising".

I'm seeing nothing but BS coming from all these companies who just want to turn a buck.

"We gave 15 people hydroxychloroquine and none of them has got Covid" :doh:

That's like saying I gave 20 people baked beans and none of them got Cancer.

I haven't had any hydroxychloroquine and I don't have Covid, maybe the vaccine is in the air?
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Pat Rice in Short Shorts » Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:38 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
Pat Rice in Short Shorts wrote:The T Cell side is massive.

Remember when we were debating that "Vaccine" from that company in California?

Where are all these vaccines or anti-covid drugs now? because you were touting it as and I quote "promising".

I'm seeing nothing but BS coming from all these companies who just want to turn a buck.

"We gave 15 people hydroxychloroquine and none of them has got Covid" :doh:

That's like saying I gave 20 people baked beans and none of them got Cancer.

I haven't had any hydroxychloroquine and I don't have Covid, maybe the vaccine is in the air?

Several vaccines are in phase three trials which is the last step before general use.

https://www.nih.gov/news-events/news-re ... -19-begins

The Oxford vaccine in the UK is also showing great promise.

Treatments like Remdesivir is being used here in the US with good results. Hydroxychloroquine is being used extensively along with Z packs as a prophylactic and as a treatment.

https://www.henryford.com/news/2020/07/ ... ment-study Plus about five more studies have shown it works for many.
Pat Rice in Short Shorts
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:43 am

Pat Rice in Short Shorts wrote:Several vaccines are in phase three trials which is the last step before general use.

Treatments like Remdesivir is being used here in the US with good results. Hydroxychloroquine is being used extensively along with Z packs as a prophylactic and as a treatment.

https://www.henryford.com/news/2020/07/ ... ment-study Plus about five more studies have shown it works for many.

Heed my warning.

This is typical wealthy "take advantage of the situation" trickery, you'll be lucky if even one of them actually works.
I read up on the Remdesivir one and it sounded like a crock of sh*t.

All of the ones I've seen I noticed how guarded the claims were by the Dr's which is another way of knowing that their protecting themselves from fraudulant claims, they're Dr's being pushed by the Company Directors to rush out a bad side effect drug because its a race to the bottom to cash in on Covid ........... and no one has a proper vaccine yet, that I can promise you because if they did they'd of thrown it like a ton anchor on the market if they had.

The claims are tentative because they haven't got sh*t yet.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Phil71 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:12 am

Why are we getting these new breakouts in towns and cities where there is a large Pakistani population?

Luton, Blackburn, Oldham, Leicester...

In the Oldham breakout the majority of infected people are Pakistani men aged between 20 & 40.

Are Pakistanis more prone to getting it?
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Pat Rice in Short Shorts » Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:10 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
Pat Rice in Short Shorts wrote:Several vaccines are in phase three trials which is the last step before general use.

Heed my warning.

This is typical wealthy "take advantage of the situation" trickery, you'll be lucky if even one of them actually works.
I read up on the Remdesivir one and it sounded like a crock of sh*t.

All of the ones I've seen I noticed how guarded the claims were by the Dr's which is another way of knowing that their protecting themselves from fraudulant claims, they're Dr's being pushed by the Company Directors to rush out a bad side effect drug because its a race to the bottom to cash in on Covid ........... and no one has a proper vaccine yet, that I can promise you because if they did they'd of thrown it like a ton anchor on the market if they had.

The claims are tentative because they haven't got sh*t yet.

Seven months ago nobody outside China knew that this existed. Seven months! Think about the progress made. VA vaccines will be out in three months. Treatments that work are being used all over the world and the death rate is way down.

What exactly is your "warning"...I am not clear on that at. You think the whole effort by medical researchers across the globe is a fraud?
You think the whole effort so far has been about pharma companies "taking advantage"?

What side effects are you worried about exactly? Every drug has side effects, the issue becomes one of benefit vs harm or perceived harm. If any harm or potential harm being unacceptable is your standard then you are discounting science and logic. By that standard we should not have given polio or smallpox vaccines because there were risks and still are, kids should not get vaccinated for measles or anything else? FFS we have laws mandating vaccinations despite the risks. Life is never risk free.

The claims are tentative as you say because there are indeed unknowns and risks. The public is being kept informed on progress, just as we are kept informed on distancing, masks, no masks, travel no travel, ventilators vs no ventilators, lock down vs no lock down in a progressive manner as the science evolved.

Skeptical is one thing, cynical another. Optimistic skepticism is best in my mind.
Pat Rice in Short Shorts
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Pat Rice in Short Shorts » Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:13 pm

Phil71 wrote:Why are we getting these new breakouts in towns and cities where there is a large Pakistani population?

In the Oldham breakout the majority of infected people are Pakistani men aged between 20 & 40.

My guess based on claims in the US that blacks are more susceptible is that it is a social issue.
Pat Rice in Short Shorts
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby DiamondGooner » Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:39 am

Phil71 wrote:Why are we getting these new breakouts in towns and cities where there is a large Pakistani population?

I think the living conditions is what it is, Pakistani's a lot of the time have larger families living in small confined conditions especially up north, its not uncommon for them to have whole family units in one house, 5-6 people per flat / house possibly more.

This thing I've heard in the media about black or Asian catching it easier is the most stupid fkin thing I've ever heard, we all have the same immunity ffs.

Living conditions and lack of adherence to Gov't advice is why those areas are more infected, nothing more.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Arsenal Tone » Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:38 pm

Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Rockape » Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:53 pm

55 redundancies....no surprise there. Gonna be a lot of people in very deep shit soon!
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby EliteKiller » Wed Aug 05, 2020 2:03 pm

Rockape wrote:55 redundancies....no surprise there. Gonna be a lot of people in very deep shit soon!

55 people - probably cost less in wages than the 12% Ozil refused to give up - anyone earning >50k a week should think about the 55 people about to lose their jobs ... just how much do you need?
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Sims » Wed Aug 05, 2020 2:08 pm

Other clubs will follow suit when it’s realised that fans aren’t going to be in stadiums for another year but it doesn’t make it any less horrific

The players don’t need to be looked at and can see people bringing up Ozil’s wages already - just remember by doing that you’re bootlicking our cowboy billionaire who could pay these staff’s wages without a care in the world
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

PreviousNext

Return to The Harambee