American Politics

Debate about anything going on in the world. Please remember, everyone has their own opinion.

Re: American Politics

Postby Pat Rice in Short Shorts » Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:12 am

LMAO wrote:
Pat Rice in Short Shorts wrote:
LMAO wrote:Biden will be announcing his VP pick next week. Rumors that his shortlist is Harris (Senator, California), Duckworth (Senator, Illinois), Warren (Senator, Massachusetts), Bass (Representative, California), Demings (Representative, Florida), Lujan Grisham (Governor, New Mexico), and Rice (former US ambassador to the UN).

In case you missed it Politico published a story yesterday date line 4 Aug 2020 announcing that Harris is the VP candidate...then deleted it. It included all sorts of Biden campaign praise about her! LOL, I guess we know who it is going to be.

More nonsensical ID politics from the left, has to be a black woman because it has to be a black woman. So given Harris claimed to have voted for Booker in the CA primary, is she really black? Hmmmmm. If asked I doubt Biden will recall that comment to What's his face the God?

I also if wonder if Biden checked to see if she indeed is one of the first a clean and articulate black woman as he did Obama? That was quite the revelation for Biden, he seemed shocked and pleased that Obama was clean and articulate. Funny thing is that Harry Reid had said the SAME thing a month before and Biden plagerized him! Harry Reid in same company as Neil Kinnock...

Harris isn't black. And for that matter, neither is Obama.

Well then I guess Bill Clinton really WAS the first black President! :lol: Perhaps Biden was confused back then when he and Reid made those statements?

Harris claims to be black though. We can all be whatever we want to be. Her reparation money will have to come from Jamaica or the UK I guess.

Her dad shot down her "bussing" claim that she sprung on Biden when she was calling him a non racist racist. He seemed really disgusted with his daughter. Perhaps that had to do with her f***ing Jerry Brown when he was like 60 and she was 30.
He/His/Non-Menstruater/Postmenopausal/non-vaginal male. Yup all man!
Pat Rice in Short Shorts
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Pat Rice in Short Shorts » Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:15 am

LMAO wrote:
Va-Va-Voom wrote:
LMAO wrote:
LMAO wrote:Biden will be announcing his VP pick next week. Rumors that his shortlist is Harris (Senator, California), Duckworth (Senator, Illinois), Warren (Senator, Massachusetts), Bass (Representative, California), Demings (Representative, Florida), Lujan Grisham (Governor, New Mexico), and Rice (former US ambassador to the UN).

In case you missed it Politico published a story yesterday date line 4 Aug 2020 announcing that Harris is the VP candidate...then deleted it. It included all sorts of Biden campaign praise about her! LOL, I guess we know who it is going to be.

More nonsensical ID politics from the left, has to be a black woman because it has to be a black woman. So given Harris claimed to have voted for Booker in the CA primary, is she really black? Hmmmmm. If asked I doubt Biden will recall that comment to What's his face the God?

I also if wonder if Biden checked to see if she indeed is one of the first a clean and articulate black woman as he did Obama? That was quite the revelation for Biden, he seemed shocked and pleased that Obama was clean and articulate. Funny thing is that Harry Reid had said the SAME thing a month before and Biden plagerized him! Harry Reid in same company as Neil Kinnock...

Biologically maybe not, but in America a mixed person will be viewed as black by and large.

Dat one drop rule.

If you could poll the entire world 95% of the population would probably classify Bob Marley as black.

True. I'm one of the outliers since I'm ethnically ambiguous unlike someone like Obama, J. Cole, or Kaepernick who people would immediately jump to assuming black.

When I was in elementary in the early-mid 2000s, I remember having to either fill in "black/African-American" or "white" on standardized tests. Now there's an "other" or "two or more races" option on forms. I think things are starting to change, albeit slowly.

Naw, things are reverting back having to ID yourself as this or that. It's MLKs worst nightmare but the left needs to divide us.
He/His/Non-Menstruater/Postmenopausal/non-vaginal male. Yup all man!
Pat Rice in Short Shorts
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:54 am

LMAO wrote:
Va-Va-Voom wrote:
LMAO wrote:

Biologically maybe not, but in America a mixed person will be viewed as black by and large.

Dat one drop rule.

If you could poll the entire world 95% of the population would probably classify Bob Marley as black.

True. I'm one of the outliers since I'm ethnically ambiguous unlike someone like Obama, J. Cole, or Kaepernick who people would immediately jump to assuming black.

When I was in elementary in the early-mid 2000s, I remember having to either fill in "black/African-American" or "white" on standardized tests. Now there's an "other" or "two or more races" option on forms. I think things are starting to change, albeit slowly.

Its more interesting to see what black people view Bob Marley as?

VaVa how about you, as a black man (if I remember correctly) how do you view Bob or mixed race people?

I'm mixed race half white / half Arabic and I learned a long time ago that I am what I am, that's the only claim that's authentic, a mixed race person claiming to be black is a half truth.

I think after that its the culture you feel comfortable in is what determines how you see yourself.
You see I see Bob as black because he talks in a Jamaican accent, sings reggae and has dreads, very black Jamaican culture so that adds to his "blackness" if that's how you want to put it or more accurate, Jamaican black.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby LMAO » Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:44 am

DiamondGooner wrote:I'm mixed race half white / half Arabic and I learned a long time ago that I am what I am, that's the only claim that's authentic, a mixed race person claiming to be black is a half truth.

I think after that its the culture you feel comfortable in is what determines how you see yourself.
You see I see Bob as black because he talks in a Jamaican accent, sings reggae and has dreads, very black Jamaican culture so that adds to his "blackness" if that's how you want to put it or more accurate, Jamaican black.

The first paragraph is how I feel too. I'll never see myself as black or white in terms of race because doing so erases half of my background. But culturally speaking, I honestly don't see myself as anything really beyond American - like I don't feel specifically tied to "black" culture or "white" culture. Hell, I picked up some cultural stuff in college from my Chinese, Korean, Indian, Pakistani, and Arab friends.

As for Bob Marley, race-wise, I'll never see him as anything other than mixed because that's what he is, but yeah, I'd say he's black in terms of culture, and that's fine, people can identify with whatever culture they want imo. Just don't be like a Rachel Dolezal or a Shaun King - like you can join your local NAACP organization or be a fan of rap but don't pretend to be black race when you're not because at the end of the day, you can go home and be white...black people can't. But speaking about culture, I'll even say Eminem is "black" in that way. Grew up in a black Detroit neighborhood, can freestyle like no one else in rap battles, and made black people pay attention to him in their own music genre; I'd say he's more than earned an honorary black card lol
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby StLGooner » Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:51 am

LMAO wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:I'm mixed race half white / half Arabic and I learned a long time ago that I am what I am, that's the only claim that's authentic, a mixed race person claiming to be black is a half truth.

The first paragraph is how I feel too. I'll never see myself as black or white in terms of race because doing so erases half of my background. But culturally speaking, I honestly don't see myself as anything really beyond American - like I don't feel specifically tied to "black" culture or "white" culture. Hell, I picked up some cultural stuff in college from my Chinese, Korean, Indian, Pakistani, and Arab friends.

As for Bob Marley, race-wise, I'll never see him as anything other than mixed because that's what he is, but yeah, I'd say he's black in terms of culture, and that's fine, people can identify with whatever culture they want imo. Just don't be like a Rachel Dolezal or a Shaun King - like you can join your local NAACP organization or be a fan of rap but don't pretend to be black race when you're not because at the end of the day, you can go home and be white...black people can't. But speaking about culture, I'll even say Eminem is "black" in that way. Grew up in a black Detroit neighborhood, can freestyle like no one else in rap battles, and made black people pay attention to him in their own music genre; I'd say he's more than earned an honorary black card lol

I'm white as can be but lived around "black" culture more than any other really. Even lived with a black family in a black neighborhood for a while. When I moved to a predominately white neighborhood, I still hung around the few black kids that lived there because that's who I connected with more. I liked hiphop and sports and that just so happened to be what the black kids were into, so that's who I hung out with. Of course then you get blamed for wanting to be black, or get called the famous "wigger". I never wanted to be black and would never call myself black of course, but that is just what I grew up with, so that's the culture I identified with more.

We are all a product of the circumstance we're born into, and I really believe for the most part we don't get to choose who we are or who we become in life.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby LMAO » Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:42 pm

StLGooner wrote:
LMAO wrote:

I'm white as can be but lived around "black" culture more than any other really. Even lived with a black family in a black neighborhood for a while. When I moved to a predominately white neighborhood, I still hung around the few black kids that lived there because that's who I connected with more. I liked hiphop and sports and that just so happened to be what the black kids were into, so that's who I hung out with. Of course then you get blamed for wanting to be black, or get called the famous "wigger". I never wanted to be black and would never call myself black of course, but that is just what I grew up with, so that's the culture I identified with more.

We are all a product of the circumstance we're born into, and I really believe for the most part we don't get to choose who we are or who we become in life.

Sorry that happened to you, my dude. Getting called a wigger is effed up just like people who were, and still are though it's a lot rarer nowadays, in interracial relationships got called race traitors.

And there's the problem in Asia where half-[country specific Asian] grow in Japan, Korea, or China and still aren't seen as equals even though they've been immersed in that culture and country.

Your last sentence hits the nail on the head.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby StLGooner » Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:00 pm

LMAO wrote:
StLGooner wrote:
LMAO wrote:

Sorry that happened to you, my dude. Getting called a wigger is effed up just like people who were, and still are though it's a lot rarer nowadays, in interracial relationships got called race traitors.

And there's the problem in Asia where half-[country specific Asian] grow in Japan, Korea, or China and still aren't seen as equals even though they've been immersed in that culture and country.

Your last sentence hits the nail on the head.

It didn't bother me at all really. You did have on occasion those few white dudes that tried real hard to act black. I was friends with some of them, I just never went to the lengths they did. But that is what you get lumped into socially by just hanging out with black people in white schools/neighborhoods. In the black neighborhoods I was just the light skinned brother! :lol:
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby LMAO » Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:25 pm

Ah fair enough!

Hope you got invited to some of the cookouts. They're tons of fun :1990_dancing.gif:

Black cookouts and Indian weddings can't be beat in terms of fun at a formal function imo
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby LMAO » Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:41 am

I think Harris will be Biden's running mate, but I'm okay with either her or Rice. Harris has her San Francsico DA and California AG records, but I think they're overblown. Rice has the Benghazi 'baggage', but most voters don't care enough about Benghazi. Harris is the second most progressive senator based on voting record. Rice has a ton of international relations experience but Biden is already strong in that area.

If I had my say for some of Biden's Cabinet, it'd be:
Vice President: Kamala Harris
Secretary of State: Susan Rice
Attorney General: Doug Jones (since he'll most likely lose his Senate race in Alabama)
Labor: Andrew Yang (but he may want to run for NYC mayor in 2021)
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby LMAO » Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:11 am

The bank fraud and/or tax fraud cases take another step forward. January 20 is going to be interesting to say the least.

NYT: Trump’s Bank Was Subpoenaed by N.Y. Prosecutors in Criminal Inquiry

If the NYT is blocked:
NYC prosecutor sought records from Trump’s bank

NEW YORK (AP) — The New York prosecutor who has been fighting, unsuccessfully so far, to get President Donald Trump’s tax returns had better luck last year getting a bank to turn over his financial records.

The office of Manhattan District Attorney Cyrus R. Vance sent a subpoena last year to Deutsche Bank as part of its investigation into Trump’s business dealings, The New York Times reported Wednesday, citing four people familiar with the inquiry.

The bank complied with the subpoena, turning over records including financial statements Trump gave the bank when he was borrowing money, two of those people told the Times.

Vance’s office declined to comment on the report. Attorneys for Trump and for Deutsche Bank didn’t immediately respond to requests for comment.

The Manhattan prosecutor, who is a Democrat, was among several authorities in New York who launched investigations last year after Trump’s former personal lawyer, Michael Cohen, told congress that the president had a practice of misleading business associates and tax officials about the value of his assets.

Vance hasn’t disclosed details about his probe, but his lawyers told a federal judge this week that it was a “complex financial investigation” that followed public reports of “extensive and protracted criminal conduct at the Trump Organization.”

As part of the investigation, Vance asked Trump’s accountants to turn over eight years of his personal and corporate tax records. The accounting firm has yet to comply as Trump and Vance have battled in court over the validity of the subpoena.

Other investigators have requested records from Deutsche Bank, which was one of the few banks willing to lend to Trump after a series of corporate bankruptcies starting in the early 1990s.

Two congressional committees, both controlled by Democrats, subpoenaed the bank for documents related to Trump, who sued to block their release.

New York Attorney General Letitia James, also a Democrat, also subpoenaed the bank for records related to Trump last year following Cohen’s testimony.

Trump has said the investigations are all politically motivated. Earlier this week, he called Vance’s investigation “a continuation of the witch hunt.”

https://apnews.com/27e3ac1bb962a476e0755dd185945391
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby DiamondGooner » Sat Aug 08, 2020 8:19 pm

This is what I find annoying as fk about both American and UK political agendas.

This idiot here is clearly like all the people on the Right / Trump supporters / Republicans looking at the new other angle George Floyd video and going "See he wassss resisting, he was playing up, he asked to lie on the floor" blah blah blah.

This is what happens when agenda leads your conclusion, the case is as simple as it was when it happened, George was being awkward, but not violent, he was obviously high / panicking.

No matter what angle you want to take on it, there is never any excuse to lean your knee into a mans neck for 8mins, especially when he's complaining about breathing, even if he wasn't complaining about breathing ffs, he was handcuffed and being leaned on by two other officers from his legs to his midrift, there is absolutely no need whatsoever to be kneeling on his neck.

This is as the day it was reported a case of complete malpractice, lack of care for a man being being detained (he was cuffed) and a murderous manouver in using the knee into a mans neck and ignoring pleas to even check on the guy.

It was murder then and its murder now, the video of him being awkward and passively non-compliant just showed a man in distress, not a man kicking, biting, spitting at officers, he was cuffed then and he's cuffed in the new video .............. yet people on the Right are going "Seeee".

There's nothing to see and when they do this they are no fkin better than those Far Left nut jobs in Antifa / BLM, your being just as low brow.

DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Royal Gooner » Sun Aug 09, 2020 6:36 am

LMAO wrote:The bank fraud and/or tax fraud cases take another step forward. January 20 is going to be interesting to say the least.

NYT: Trump’s Bank Was Subpoenaed by N.Y. Prosecutors in Criminal Inquiry

If the NYT is blocked:
NYC prosecutor sought records from Trump’s bank

NEW YORK (AP) — The New York prosecutor who has been fighting, unsuccessfully so far, to get President Donald Trump’s tax returns had better luck last year getting a bank to turn over his financial records.

The office of Manhattan District Attorney Cyrus R. Vance sent a subpoena last year to Deutsche Bank as part of its investigation into Trump’s business dealings, The New York Times reported Wednesday, citing four people familiar with the inquiry.

The bank complied with the subpoena, turning over records including financial statements Trump gave the bank when he was borrowing money, two of those people told the Times.

Vance’s office declined to comment on the report. Attorneys for Trump and for Deutsche Bank didn’t immediately respond to requests for comment.

The Manhattan prosecutor, who is a Democrat, was among several authorities in New York who launched investigations last year after Trump’s former personal lawyer, Michael Cohen, told congress that the president had a practice of misleading business associates and tax officials about the value of his assets.

Vance hasn’t disclosed details about his probe, but his lawyers told a federal judge this week that it was a “complex financial investigation” that followed public reports of “extensive and protracted criminal conduct at the Trump Organization.”

As part of the investigation, Vance asked Trump’s accountants to turn over eight years of his personal and corporate tax records. The accounting firm has yet to comply as Trump and Vance have battled in court over the validity of the subpoena.

Other investigators have requested records from Deutsche Bank, which was one of the few banks willing to lend to Trump after a series of corporate bankruptcies starting in the early 1990s.

Two congressional committees, both controlled by Democrats, subpoenaed the bank for documents related to Trump, who sued to block their release.

New York Attorney General Letitia James, also a Democrat, also subpoenaed the bank for records related to Trump last year following Cohen’s testimony.

Trump has said the investigations are all politically motivated. Earlier this week, he called Vance’s investigation “a continuation of the witch hunt.”

https://apnews.com/27e3ac1bb962a476e0755dd185945391

Just watch if they find out anything even slightly dodgy, then just see it magically come out before election day..
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby jayramfootball » Mon Aug 10, 2020 5:53 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:This is what I find annoying as fk about both American and UK political agendas.

This idiot here is clearly like all the people on the Right / Trump supporters / Republicans looking at the new other angle George Floyd video and going "See he wassss resisting, he was playing up, he asked to lie on the floor" blah blah blah.

This is what happens when agenda leads your conclusion, the case is as simple as it was when it happened, George was being awkward, but not violent, he was obviously high / panicking.

No matter what angle you want to take on it, there is never any excuse to lean your knee into a mans neck for 8mins, especially when he's complaining about breathing, even if he wasn't complaining about breathing ffs, he was handcuffed and being leaned on by two other officers from his legs to his midrift, there is absolutely no need whatsoever to be kneeling on his neck.

This is as the day it was reported a case of complete malpractice, lack of care for a man being being detained (he was cuffed) and a murderous manouver in using the knee into a mans neck and ignoring pleas to even check on the guy.

It was murder then and its murder now, the video of him being awkward and passively non-compliant just showed a man in distress, not a man kicking, biting, spitting at officers, he was cuffed then and he's cuffed in the new video .............. yet people on the Right are going "Seeee".

There's nothing to see and when they do this they are no fkin better than those Far Left nut jobs in Antifa / BLM, your being just as low brow.

Don't think it was murder before or after the body cam footage. Probably more a case of manslaughter. I think the prosecutor has made it more difficult to get a conviction by pushing for a murder charge.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Aug 10, 2020 6:31 pm

^ In America depending on the state there are different levels of murder.

Murder 1, Murder in the 2nd degree and even 3rd.

3rd is almost identical to manslaughter but with a bit more intent / aggression to do harm.

8mins is not manslaughter.

There was enough bold negligence there to be more than accidental.

Manslaughter is like punching someone once and they died, not doing the action repeatedly even after clear distress has been demonstrated.

If Floyd had died after 2mins you could claim manslaughter, warnings were given, pleas were made and the c*nt didn't even look down to see if it was true .......... that is more than manslaughter.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby StLGooner » Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:34 pm

The judge and jury are going to feel the pressure in this case. It isn't as cut and dry as people think, but if he isn't charged with murder then all hell is gonna break loose here, and probably in multiple cities across the US. I doubt he even gets a fair trial.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to The Big Debate