Mattéo Guendouzi

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Re: Mattéo Guendouzi (29)

Postby Salibatelli » Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:31 am

If we can get a decent amount, sell him and reinvest in a creative midfielder perhaps as we badly lack any creativity in midfield.

Ditch Mustafi and Xhaka while the going is good too to top up the funds, it would be nonsensical to keep them, we need to get rid so that we can improve the team. Kolasinac is another one we should sell.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby starmandb » Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:39 am

gooney wrote:I remember there was a time in the media where actual experts were saying we could do with someone like Barton because he is passionate lol. I remember us playing them and his getting a stupid red card which made it much harder for his team. But only in England is perception a reality. When things are going bad the guy who screams, lashes out on opponents and get in refs face get praise as it shows he cares. Nowhere else in the world would this character be praised except for England. Watch his performance vs Brighton. He did nothing. Instead when the game was over he behaved like a child and people praise him

Why have you put yourself on a fictional moral high ground once more in another dig at the club and its fans? Guendouzi has been largely roundly condemned for his pointless, showey behaviour at brighton and has recieved well deserved censure from the club. It's a message of shape up or ship out. Where is your narrative coming from other than your imagination?
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby gooney » Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:49 pm

starmandb wrote:
gooney wrote:I remember there was a time in the media where actual experts were saying we could do with someone like Barton because he is passionate lol. I remember us playing them and his getting a stupid red card which made it much harder for his team. But only in England is perception a reality. When things are going bad the guy who screams, lashes out on opponents and get in refs face get praise as it shows he cares. Nowhere else in the world would this character be praised except for England. Watch his performance vs Brighton. He did nothing. Instead when the game was over he behaved like a child and people praise him

Why have you put yourself on a fictional moral high ground once more in another dig at the club and its fans? Guendouzi has been largely roundly condemned for his pointless, showey behaviour at brighton and has recieved well deserved censure from the club. It's a message of shape up or ship out. Where is your narrative coming from other than your imagination?
Nothing but facts is what I speak
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Phil71 » Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:13 pm

gooney wrote:
starmandb wrote:

Nothing but facts is what I speak

Could replace the word 'facts' with many others that would be much more suitable.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby gooney » Thu Jul 09, 2020 2:29 pm

The club has been mismanaged for a long time and deserves to get shot at. If anything actually soft on the club. We are 8th with 4 games to go. Lose this weekend and we be 9th with 3 games to go and in serious danger of finishing behind a team that just got promoted
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Arsenal Tone » Thu Jul 09, 2020 2:58 pm

Roy Keane in the making?
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby StLGooner » Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:06 pm

Tony Adams wrote:Roy Keane in the making?

Keane never seemed like the type of douche bag that would brag to other players about how much more money he makes.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Dejan » Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:10 pm

I find it lack of actual footballing progress more concerning than his attitude tbh

Hasnt kicked on as i hoped he would

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G935F met Tapatalk
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby starmandb » Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:19 pm

gooney wrote:The club has been mismanaged for a long time and deserves to get shot at. If anything actually soft on the club. We are 8th with 4 games to go. Lose this weekend and we be 9th with 3 games to go and in serious danger of finishing behind a team that just got promoted

Yes
Just like 93/94 when we finished behind Newcastle
Oh the shame I would so give up our cup winners cup win for the success that followed for Newcastle.
We finished behind Nottingham forest the following season. I'm sure if you had been old enough losing that 94/95 cup winners cup final would have been orgasm central for you but you are going to have to content yourself with the continuing success of Nottingham forest..... whereas that was a drop off point to obscurity for arsenal ........ oh hang on
starmandb

Postby Callum » Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:49 pm

I like Matteo and have no real issue with his on-field antics, but if he's at odds with the manager then he has to go. We should discard and sell anyone who doesn't buy into Arteta's vision and demands, let alone a teenager who still has so much to prove.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby Losmeister » Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:54 pm

Pat Rice in Short Shorts wrote:I say take the lad down a notch further and make him cut his hair off.

He is being a dick. Sell him and get a man like Partly or Pereria to do his job.

better yet, get some players to cut his hair off for him....
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Losmeister » Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:56 pm

Tony Adams wrote:Roy Keane in the making?

Roy Keanes eyebrows were tougher than Douzi is....
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Sims » Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:56 am

Guendouzi is dusted

AMN was proof that if you’re discontent but willing to work hard and show the commitment required then you will get a chance again

This stupid moron clearly hasn’t done that and is headed straight for the bin
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Phil71 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:26 am

I don't know what has happened with him. My guess is he's had some sort of verbal disagreement with Arteta.

I like the lad's passion and fight. There is still time to recover the situation. He's a young lad.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Pat Rice in Short Shorts » Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:01 pm

Phil71 wrote:I don't know what has happened with him. My guess is he's had some sort of verbal disagreement with Arteta.

I like the lad's passion and fight. There is still time to recover the situation. He's a young lad.

That was confirmed. Arteta had a short talk with him, the kid would not back down and was told he was training alone, Arteta went straight to the team and told them what had happened. Luis tried to set him straight and that failed. Best to sort out the rotten fruit before it ruins the lot.

He is gone IMO. If we get Ceballos permanently, and maybe Partly there is no room for him anyway.
He/His/Non-Menstruater/Postmenopausal/non-vaginal male. Yup all man!
Pat Rice in Short Shorts
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

PreviousNext

Return to World Football