The Kroenke Problem

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: The Kroenke Problem

Postby Angelito » Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:12 pm

Check the entire thread.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Santi » Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:41 am

Could mean anything really, would like to think he's done it to free up cash but at the end of the day we still have to pay off the debt at some point, now it just goes to Kroenke instead and he can use it as collateral.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Mon Jul 13, 2020 6:58 pm

I guess it might be time to ask how that 100m plus investment in players worked out?
Looks to me like a total waste of money.
If I were Kroenke I would not be putting a single pound into the club.
Sell and then buy. Break even. That should be the message to his staff ... and prove that you idiots can actually find decent players.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby StLGooner » Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:48 pm

jayramfootball wrote:I guess it might be time to ask how that 100m plus investment in players worked out?
Sell and then buy. Break even. That should be the message to his staff ... and prove that you idiots can actually find decent players.

Stan probably doesn't even know where we're at on the table. He's busy spending twice as much money as expected building his LA stadium.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Sims » Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:00 pm

There’s no better time to invest but this toupee wearing paedo moustached shit bag is gonna do f**k all
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby jayramfootball » Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:22 pm

Sims wrote:There’s no better time to invest but this toupee wearing paedo moustached shit bag is gonna do f**k all

Why would he invest?
He's seen his money wasted. He must look at the 73m spent on Pepe and shudder.
There is no way we can blame him given the huge amounts of money he has invested in the team with a negative return.
If I were him, I'd want a breakeven on transfers for a few seasons so the that the coaches and scouts can prove they've learned and now know what they are doing, because history says they do not.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby jayramfootball » Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:23 pm

StLGooner wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:I guess it might be time to ask how that 100m plus investment in players worked out?

Stan probably doesn't even know where we're at on the table. He's busy spending twice as much money as expected building his LA stadium.

Who gives a flying f*** about the Rams. Stupid sport.
I know at Arsenal, Kroenke has invested a fortune in the playing staff.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Callum » Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:05 pm

It's not Kroenke's money, it's the club's money, earned via revenue streams.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:18 pm

Callum wrote:It's not Kroenke's money, it's the club's money, earned via revenue streams.

Er, no.
It's all Kroenke's money. He owns all the shares. The club belongs ENTIRELY to him.
Every single penny spent by the club is Kroenke's
Every penny in revenue is his, the tax mans and what he chooses to pay his staff.

For extra clarity - not a single penny belongs to the fans, staff, players, or anyone else associated to Kroenke's club. Fans are customers, players and coaches are paid staff.

When we buy a player, Kroenke is paying the fee. He's spent a fortune of his money on players and he's been let down by horrendous management and scouting.
Last edited by jayramfootball on Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Jedi » Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:22 pm

Trend under the Kroenke's seems to be that the shitter we are the more we spend. Hope it continues in the upcoming transfer window.
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby jayramfootball » Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:25 pm

Jedi wrote:Trend under the Kroenke's seems to be that the shitter we are the more we spend. Hope it continues in the upcoming transfer window.

Unfortunately, the trend is also, the more we spend the shitter we become.
It seems to me the best approach is to build from good management, coaching and youth.
Splashing enormous amounts of money on players has not worked.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby StLGooner » Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:36 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
StLGooner wrote:

Who gives a flying f*** about the Rams. Stupid sport.
I know at Arsenal, Kroenke has invested a fortune in the playing staff.

The Rams team isn't the point, the point is he's spending some of his own money (from reports I've read) on a stadium that is now costing twice as much as expected (5 to 6 billion), which obviously takes away from us. When he had a perfectly good stadium in a perfectly fine city (St. Louis).

With the money we've spent we definitely should be better, but he allowed us to have incompetent people in charge spending that money, so now we have to spend more to get out of a hole that could have been avoided had it all been done correctly to begin with.

His greed and incompetence as an owner is hurting us.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:46 pm

Kroenke isn't personally setting the transfer and wage budget, the finance people hired by the board are. So that would be Vinai and his team.

They're the ones that decide how much to borrow by way of issuing bonds, how much to pay back etc.

The bonds mentioned are a £210m bond @ 5% interest and a £50m bond at a floating rate.

It looks like Arsenal has taken out a loan, issued by KSE, to pay off the bonds and accumulated interest. So now the principal of those loans is owed to Stan.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Ach » Sat Jul 18, 2020 9:12 pm

Doubt he even knew there was a game but by some miracle he did, he probably thinks we don't need to buy now seeing as we just beat the 2 best teams in the country
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby Phil71 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:30 am

aniym wrote:Kroenke isn't personally setting the transfer and wage budget, the finance people hired by the board are. So that would be Vinai and his team.

They're the ones that decide how much to borrow by way of issuing bonds, how much to pay back etc.

The bonds mentioned are a £210m bond @ 5% interest and a £50m bond at a floating rate.

It looks like Arsenal has taken out a loan, issued by KSE, to pay off the bonds and accumulated interest. So now the principal of those loans is owed to Stan.

There's no way he would leave those things completely to other people.

He will certainly be deciding the high level strategy, and approving or disapproving every big decision. That will include the transfer budget.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk