FA Cup Semi

Arsenal news and interviews
Discuss anything Arsenal related, players, tactics etc.

Re: FA Cup Semi

Postby Losmeister » Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:22 pm

LMAO wrote:Meh, was always going to come down to playing good sides if we wanted to lift the cup.

Do I think we'll beat City to advance to the final? Nope. But that doesn't mean stranger things haven't happened in one-offs.

:1970_two_smileys_drinking_beer_together.gif:
Image
User avatar
Losmeister
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman
 
Posts: 10036
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:16 am
Location: Cotati, California, USA

Re: FA Cup Semi

Postby Pat Rice in Short Shorts » Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:34 pm

When is it anyway?

FFS I don't even know when one season ends and the other starts...
What would Nasri do? Never mind.
What would Eboue do? Fall off the stretcher.
What would Auba do? Just f***ing score.
Pat Rice in Short Shorts
Ian Wright
Ian Wright
 
Posts: 980
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:05 pm
Location: Montana USA by way of Lewisham/Bromley UK

Re: FA Cup Semi

Postby Ach » Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:35 pm

18/19 July
Ach
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger
 
Posts: 14820
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:25 pm

Re: FA Cup Semi

Postby Gordon Bennit » Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:34 am

Hard draw, was hoping for Chelsea out of all of them. Do Man City still have the CL to go for? (I think they do) That might get in the way somewhat. As said, not sure when the season starts/ends/restarts. Apparently cricket starts in August, so we'll probably have the County Championship decided on Bonfire Night with the FA Cup 3rd round in March and the FA wondering why the England team are totally shagged out when the Euros start.
Good old Arsenal, we're proud to say that name
Gordon Bennit
Patrick Vieira
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:49 pm

Re: FA Cup Semi

Postby LMAO » Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:58 am

Gordon Bennit wrote:Hard draw, was hoping for Chelsea out of all of them. Do Man City still have the CL to go for? (I think they do) That might get in the way somewhat. As said, not sure when the season starts/ends/restarts. Apparently cricket starts in August, so we'll probably have the County Championship decided on Bonfire Night with the FA Cup 3rd round in March and the FA wondering why the England team are totally shagged out when the Euros start.


The second leg against Madrid is either August 7 or 8.

Image
User avatar
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019
 
Posts: 8122
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:53 pm

Re: FA Cup Semi

Postby starmandb » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:00 am

We won at man utd in 14/15
And in 16/17 we beat man city in the semis and chelsea in the final
Not a cakewalk
User avatar
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018
Member of the Year 2018
 
Posts: 11622
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:55 am

Re: FA Cup Semi

Postby swipe right » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:56 am

Let’s send Pep back to Barcelona B.
swipe right
Tony Adams
Tony Adams
 
Posts: 2136
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:05 am

Re: FA Cup Semi

Postby theHotHead » Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:31 pm

Pat Rice in Short Shorts wrote:
theHotHead wrote:I seem to recall most Arsenal fans shitting their pants in the FA Cup Final vs Chelsea in 2017. They were the overwhelming favourites and we were the better team on the day and won


I was shitting my pants when we went two down to Hull! :arse flag.gif:

Dude I didn't watch it live, I was out and about and my cousin texted me to say we were 2-0 down. I thought he was genuinely taking the piss, that was the last straw for me - my Wenger dislike shot through the roof.

I was equally shocked when I found out we won the game !!! What a bloody rollercoaster.
User avatar
theHotHead
Poster Of The Month
Poster Of The Month
 
Posts: 7675
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:44 am
Location: Norf Landon

Re: FA Cup Semi

Postby theHotHead » Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:40 pm

Angelito wrote:
theHotHead wrote:I seem to recall most Arsenal fans shitting their pants in the FA Cup Final vs Chelsea in 2017. They were the overwhelming favourites and we were the better team on the day and won


We had this legend who'd won it 6 times then. We had Alexis, Monreal, Ozil, Ramsey, and Mertesacker.

We have Arteta, Luiz, Nketiah, and Willock now.

Mate that was only 3 years ago. 3 years ago half the fans thought Monreal was shit, half the fans thought Ramsey was shit and Mertesacker was way past his prime too. In fact, we have a better team/squad now than we did in 2017, just take a look at our starting 11 for the final:

Arsenal
David Ospina
Rob Holding
Per Mertesacker (c)
Nacho Monreal
Héctor Bellerín
Aaron Ramsey
Granit Xhaka
Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
Mesut Özil
Danny Welbeck
Alexis Sánchez

That team gets slapped up all day by our current team.
User avatar
theHotHead
Poster Of The Month
Poster Of The Month
 
Posts: 7675
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:44 am
Location: Norf Landon

Re: FA Cup Semi

Postby themessiah » Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:43 pm

theHotHead wrote:
Angelito wrote:
theHotHead wrote:I seem to recall most Arsenal fans shitting their pants in the FA Cup Final vs Chelsea in 2017. They were the overwhelming favourites and we were the better team on the day and won


We had this legend who'd won it 6 times then. We had Alexis, Monreal, Ozil, Ramsey, and Mertesacker.

We have Arteta, Luiz, Nketiah, and Willock now.

Mate that was only 3 years ago. 3 years ago half the fans thought Monreal was shit, half the fans thought Ramsey was shit and Mertesacker was way past his prime too. In fact, we have a better team/squad now than we did in 2017, just take a look at our starting 11 for the final:

Arsenal
David Ospina
Rob Holding
Per Mertesacker (c)
Nacho Monreal
Héctor Bellerín
Aaron Ramsey
Granit Xhaka
Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
Mesut Özil
Danny Welbeck
Alexis Sánchez

That team gets slapped up all day by our current team.




We had leaders in Mertesacker, Monreal and Also Sanchez(A player i can't stand) in that game. Sanchez was a killer. Ox was class in the semi and the final. Prob his best games for us. Your looking now who’s gonna step up and be counted
User avatar
themessiah
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry
 
Posts: 1378
Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:58 pm
Location: London

Re: FA Cup Semi

Postby Zenith » Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:51 pm

Image
User avatar
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 32324
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:48 pm
Location: Gallia Belgica, 5 hours away from The Grove

Re: FA Cup Semi

Postby Angelito » Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:53 pm

theHotHead wrote:
Angelito wrote:
theHotHead wrote:I seem to recall most Arsenal fans shitting their pants in the FA Cup Final vs Chelsea in 2017. They were the overwhelming favourites and we were the better team on the day and won


We had this legend who'd won it 6 times then. We had Alexis, Monreal, Ozil, Ramsey, and Mertesacker.

We have Arteta, Luiz, Nketiah, and Willock now.

Mate that was only 3 years ago. 3 years ago half the fans thought Monreal was shit, half the fans thought Ramsey was shit and Mertesacker was way past his prime too. In fact, we have a better team/squad now than we did in 2017, just take a look at our starting 11 for the final:

Arsenal
David Ospina
Rob Holding
Per Mertesacker (c)
Nacho Monreal
Héctor Bellerín
Aaron Ramsey
Granit Xhaka
Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
Mesut Özil
Danny Welbeck
Alexis Sánchez

That team gets slapped up all day by our current team.


We have a better squad today when everyone is fit.

We don't have better individual players than Alexis, Ozil, and Monreal, nor do we have a game-changer like Ramsey. There's a vast difference in having Alexis and Ozil at their best alongside the greatest FA Cup manager of all time. Even Per, despite being past his prime, didn't lose his intelligence. It's like Oz today. He may not be the same Ozil, but he's still way ahead of all the clowns we have in midfield.

That side had belief. It was a top-4 side. We finished with 75 points that season, which is a record points tally for not getting into the UCL. And, we had Wenger.

We still blew away sides, played good football.

We've regressed on every front since. Awful brand of football, clueless Emeryball for 18 months, a rookie manager who's taken over at the worst possible time; mismanagement at the top level, and a football team that does not care about Arsenal's heritage.

We've gone from Wengerball to Cluelessball to Inshallahball since.

I have faith in St. Mikel of Arteta. But this season has been a disaster. And I can't see Mikel beating City.

I predicted both results correctly back then. I was confident we'd beat City. This time, we have nothing working in our favor.

I dearly hope I'm wrong but when the claim to glory for both full-time coaches since Wenger has been the benching/exclusion of Ozil, it doesn't inspire you, does it? In the short term, in Arteta's case, it doesn't.

But next season, I have enough faith in Arteta to turn things around. Not today, Mr Potter.
Image
User avatar
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 27168
Joined: Fri May 25, 2012 9:32 am
Location: The Overlook Hotel

Re: FA Cup Semi

Postby VCC » Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:21 am

Absolute demoralizing game for city today there confidence should be at an all time low only managing 5 goals against that shit pool defence,
Ffs we are going to smash these frauds
I think it will be 1-0 to the Arsenal I dont care who scores even an own goal will do lol
Coyg
User avatar
VCC
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee
 
Posts: 8564
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:04 am

Re: FA Cup Semi

Postby Nuggets » Fri Jul 03, 2020 5:49 am

VCC wrote:Absolute demoralizing game for city today there confidence should be at an all time low only managing 5 goals against that shit pool defence,
Ffs we are going to smash these frauds
I think it will be 1-0 to the Arsenal I dont care who scores even an own goal will do lol
Coyg


Yup they will really be low on confidence against our lot. :sneaky2:
Image
User avatar
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 winner
Predictions League 2016-17 winner
 
Posts: 17314
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:16 pm
Location: Sunny Turkey, now.

Re: FA Cup Semi

Postby theHotHead » Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:13 am

VCC wrote:Absolute demoralizing game for city today there confidence should be at an all time low only managing 5 goals against that shit pool defence,
Ffs we are going to smash these frauds
I think it will be 1-0 to the Arsenal I dont care who scores even an own goal will do lol
Coyg

We will be fired up because of the loss a few weeks ago. City will "feel the rage the same way the sluts with the big butts felt it - I'm not a dealer but I dealt it !" Copyright Masta Ace - Ace Iz Wild 1990.
User avatar
theHotHead
Poster Of The Month
Poster Of The Month
 
Posts: 7675
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:44 am
Location: Norf Landon

Previous

Return to Arsenal Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Ahrefs [Bot], Semrush [Bot] and 12 guests