British Politics

Debate about anything going on in the world. Please remember, everyone has their own opinion.

Re: British Politics

Postby UFGN » Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:19 pm

GunnerRobert wrote:
UFGN wrote:
Pat Rice in Short Shorts wrote:
What a stupid thing to say. Of course it matters that what Johnson has done is not what I want. It is the mark of an absolute moron to admire a politician just because they do what they say they will. If what they are doing isn't what I want to happen, of course I want them to fail. You sound like a Trump automaton.

What you are ignoring is that Boris won in a landslide and thus having implemented what he said he would do that does make a huge difference for the majority of Britons. Trump the same in America. The difference is that Boris is indeed a life long politician while Trump was not. That on its face places Boris well up there on the scale of politicians.

As for wanting someone in leadership to fail is really quite bizarre to me. The reality is that there are competing ideas as to make the country in question better for all. Everyone should be able to set aside their concrete tribal thinking and at least hope the person or party elected will succeed because the nation will too. That does not mean simplistically being a f***ing turnip, it means offering up better solutions, working to make the policies on offer better and obviously winning over the electorate by offering those policies for them to take a gander. Demonization...childish really. Civil and respectful disagreement on policy...what democracy is really about.

Could you name a "Trump automaton" for me? Exclude me please, because it is not true. I employ logic and never have hitched my wagon to any politician, but rather to ideals as I suspect you do as well. (The ideals part! :sneaky2: )

As I have had several friends comment, imagine the UK being led by Corbyn now. The nation saw him coming and ran the other way.

Imagine the UK being run by Corbyn now? OK, im imagining him spending shitloads of money, just like Boris is, and all the right wingers crying their eyes out over how irresponsible he was being.

By the way, Boris didn't win a landslide at all. He won 300K more votes than last time, and a majority of 80 is pretty normal.

Trump was not backed by a majority of Americans at all, so your statement there is false.

The issue with Corbyn was his competence. The front team was not fit to run the country.

Mind, Raab and co are hardly beacons of competence.

I think in many situations he would have been crap but this isn't one of them. I think he would have been OK at dealing with this and I think red John as chancellor right now would have been in his element. But I repeat, imagine those two having to spend money like the Tories are doing right now. All the right wing boys snidely calling for unity and saying the situation is "above politics" would have been chewing their hands off with fury at how Corbyn was wrecking the economy.
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby Rockape » Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:28 pm

:rolleyes: Mate.....Corbyn was never even a potential PM, so it’s a waste of time trying to hypothesize about it.

However, we are in such unprecedented times, almost like being in a bad dream, that there is really only one course of action, hence the fact that almost every country is taking the same route. On that basis, no PM from any party would be vilified for following that route.
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby UFGN » Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:46 pm

Rockape wrote::rolleyes: Mate.....Corbyn was never even a potential PM, so it’s a waste of time trying to hypothesize about it.

However, we are in such unprecedented times, almost like being in a bad dream, that there is really only one course of action, hence the fact that almost every country is taking the same route. On that basis, no PM from any party would be vilified for following that route.

Of course he would have been vilified for it. I don't think some people appreciate quite how f***ked we are financially. I wouldn't be surprised if eventually they decide to do a Cyprus and take money out of peoples accounts
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

Postby Pat Rice in Short Shorts » Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:22 pm

UFGN wrote:
Pat Rice in Short Shorts wrote:
What a stupid thing to say. Of course it matters that what Johnson has done is not what I want. It is the mark of an absolute moron to admire a politician just because they do what they say they will. If what they are doing isn't what I want to happen, of course I want them to fail. You sound like a Trump automaton.

What you are ignoring is that Boris won in a landslide and thus having implemented what he said he would do that does make a huge difference for the majority of Britons. Trump the same in America. The difference is that Boris is indeed a life long politician while Trump was not. That on its face places Boris well up there on the scale of politicians.

As for wanting someone in leadership to fail is really quite bizarre to me. The reality is that there are competing ideas as to make the country in question better for all. Everyone should be able to set aside their concrete tribal thinking and at least hope the person or party elected will succeed because the nation will too. That does not mean simplistically being a f***ing turnip, it means offering up better solutions, working to make the policies on offer better and obviously winning over the electorate by offering those policies for them to take a gander. Demonization...childish really. Civil and respectful disagreement on policy...what democracy is really about.

Could you name a "Trump automaton" for me? Exclude me please, because it is not true. I employ logic and never have hitched my wagon to any politician, but rather to ideals as I suspect you do as well. (The ideals part! :sneaky2: )

As I have had several friends comment, imagine the UK being led by Corbyn now. The nation saw him coming and ran the other way.

Imagine the UK being run by Corbyn now? OK, im imagining him spending shitloads of money, just like Boris is, and all the right wingers crying their eyes out over how irresponsible he was being.

By the way, Boris didn't win a landslide at all. He won 300K more votes than last time, and a majority of 80 is pretty normal.

Trump was not backed by a majority of Americans at all, so your statement there is false.

OK Ms Clinton. No need to rehash the Constitution. :hiding:
He/His/Non-Menstruater/Postmenopausal/non-vaginal male. Yup all man!
Pat Rice in Short Shorts
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Royal Gooner » Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:00 pm

UFGN wrote:
Rockape wrote::rolleyes: Mate.....Corbyn was never even a potential PM, so it’s a waste of time trying to hypothesize about it.

Of course he would have been vilified for it. I don't think some people appreciate quite how f***ked we are financially. I wouldn't be surprised if eventually they decide to do a Cyprus and take money out of peoples accounts

Exactly what Crazy Comrade Corbyn would have done. Thankfully it won't happen. And yes, Red Marxist John would have loved a licence to print money at this time but would have just been a spendthrift on pointless things.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Arsenal Tone » Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:38 pm

Royal Gooner wrote:
UFGN wrote:

Exactly what Crazy Comrade Corbyn would have done. Thankfully it won't happen. And yes, Red Marxist John would have loved a licence to print money at this time but would have just been a spendthrift on pointless things.
Yeah, he'd have bought 30000 ventilators when we only needed 30 :sneaky:
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Arsenal Tone » Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:41 pm

GunnerRobert wrote:
Tony Adams wrote:
Royal Gooner wrote:
UFGN wrote:

I'm sure we'd be ordering 30000 ventilators after he'd spunked away cash on free broadband and nationalising everything
Free broadband for vulnerable people would be quite useful at the moment tbh
Raya/Ramsdale
???/Jorginho
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Arsenal Tone » Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:44 pm

GunnerRobert wrote:
Tony Adams wrote:
GunnerRobert wrote:
Tony Adams wrote:
Royal Gooner wrote:
UFGN wrote:

I'm sure we'd be ordering 30000 ventilators after he'd spunked away cash on free broadband and nationalising everything
Free broadband for vulnerable people would be quite useful at the moment tbh

They can apply for UBI and get money in 5 weeks anyway.

If they were working beforehand and not scroungers, they'll have some savings to get by :dontknow:
I mean vulnerable people with no contact to the outside world. I am a teacher, all of our lessons are being taught online for the foreseeable future. I know some of our most vulnerable students don't have internet access. Then there's the elderly who are completely isolated.

Free wifi now should be seen as free tv licenses were ten years ago imo
Raya/Ramsdale
???/Jorginho
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Arsenal Tone » Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:01 pm

Tony Adams wrote:
UFGN wrote:Starmer is one of the leading lawyers in the country. He is exactly what we need to forensically question and criticise Bullshiter Boris.

Good luck at PMQs Johnson, you wont be able to bluster past KS.
I hear #10 have ordered a bigger fridge since Starmer's appointment.
I see he's still hiding in there. He's going to get eaten alive in PMQs lol
Raya/Ramsdale
???/Jorginho
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Phil71 » Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:18 am

Tony Adams wrote:
Tony Adams wrote:
UFGN wrote:Starmer is one of the leading lawyers in the country. He is exactly what we need to forensically question and criticise Bullshiter Boris.

Good luck at PMQs Johnson, you wont be able to bluster past KS.
I hear #10 have ordered a bigger fridge since Starmer's appointment.
I see he's still hiding in there. He's going to get eaten alive in PMQs lol

Really?

He asked a question yesterday of Dominic Raab, "Do you think the total number of Covid19 related deaths are truly dreadful."

Seriously? What response does he expect to that? "No, I think it's great actually..."

If that's the level of questioning he's capable of I'm sure Boris won't lose much sleep.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Arsenal Tone » Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:27 pm

Kier is a gooner:

https://twitter.com/Keir_Starmer/status ... 27779?s=19

I didn't know that!
Raya/Ramsdale
???/Jorginho
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Arsenal Tone » Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:51 pm

Raya/Ramsdale
???/Jorginho
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Royal Gooner » Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:00 pm

Tony Adams wrote:https://twitter.com/Ed_Miliband/status/1305552766019006469?s=19

Who cares what bacon sandwich man thinks? He lost!
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Callum » Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:26 am

Tony Adams wrote:https://twitter.com/Ed_Miliband/status/1305552766019006469?s=19

:clap:

Boris is a fraud.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby UFGN » Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:35 am

Callum wrote:

:clap:

Boris is a fraud.

Jesus I cant wait to get these f***ing tory c**** out of power. I'm so sick of their waffling shit

UFGN

PreviousNext

Return to The Big Debate